Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Classes, Skills and Builds

View Poll Results: What would you prefer to see?
A detailed guide explaining mechanics. 11 52.38%
A short summary video. 3 14.29%
A mix of both. 7 33.33%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-19-2016, 04:02 PM
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scote View Post
One thing I do when trying to premake my builds is to assume at least +3 to all skills for my main class so I will only set things like military conditioning to 7/10 anticipating the + skills to cap it. Then you can how you can move things around a bit more...
That is assuming that you find such gear. I only play self-found, so... Let's see if I get lucky

As of now, I'm apparently out of luck because on this character I had the worst drops yet. Hopefully my luck will soon change because the shitty gear is starting to become noticeable
Old 12-19-2016, 04:10 PM
Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain WARLORD View Post
That is assuming that you find such gear. I only play self-found, so... Let's see if I get lucky

As of now, I'm apparently out of luck because on this character I had the worst drops yet. Hopefully my luck will soon change because the shitty gear is starting to become noticeable
It will all come in due time! Just keep praying to the RNG god(s)!
Old 12-19-2016, 04:22 PM
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scote View Post
It will all come in due time! Just keep praying to the RNG god(s)!
If it doesn't get any better, I might end up using some gear of my other characters.

Anyway, I will go take a quick nap now. I really need some sleep

I will check back later!
Old 12-20-2016, 06:23 AM
Supporter

Talking

Ok... I think I have to stretch my rules a little bit.

I really seem to need Wendigo Totem for the heals and I will use it. It's pretty tough without Blood of Dreeg, so that's my only choice. It deals a little bit of damage but that's rather trivial as I have barely anything that scales it. So I will refrain from calling myself a cheater in this challenge and just list it as an exception.

I've gone ahead and added an alternate version of the tree. War Cry should give me the edge against harder hitting enemies, since -10% of their damage is pretty sick.

Markovian's Advantage also receives more focus because it reduces the target's DA and thus increases my chance to hit & crit and effectively increasing my DPS.

I might reallocate my skill points and use Cadence instead. Will update again once I have more info.

Currently at the start of Act 4 at level 36. I will need to gain some more levels before progressing to Loghorrean, otherwise the fight will be unnecessarily hard, even for this difficulty.

Old 12-20-2016, 06:35 AM
Counsel

Quote:
Ok... I think I have to stretch my rules a little bit.

I really seem to need Wendigo Totem for the heals and I will use it. It's pretty tough without Blood of Dreeg, so that's my only choice. It deals a little bit of damage but that's rather trivial as I have barely anything that scales it. So I will refrain from calling myself a cheater in this challenge and just list it as an exception.

I've gone ahead and added an alternate version of the tree. War Cry should give me the edge against harder hitting enemies, since -10% of their damage is pretty sick.

Markovian's Advantage also receives more focus because it reduces the target's DA and thus increases my chance to hit & crit and effectively increasing my DPS.

I might reallocate my skill points and use Cadence instead. Will update again once I have more info.

Currently at the start of Act 4 at level 36. I will need to gain some more levels before progressing to Loghorrean, otherwise the fight will be unnecessarily hard, even for this difficulty.

I'm surprised you HAVEN'T gone with Wendigo Totem. The fact that it heals around 10% of your HP every half second is INSANE!
Primal Strike Warder
Ranged DW Commando
Lightning DW Trickster
Old 12-20-2016, 06:49 AM
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadpgamer1992 View Post
I'm surprised you HAVEN'T gone with Wendigo Totem. The fact that it heals around 10% of your HP every half second is INSANE!
Because I set myself various rules before attempting this kind of build:

* No damaging caster skills such as Grasping Vines, Devouring Swarm etc.

* I have to actively punch monsters

* I can not equip a weapon. If I did so by accident, I unequip it.

Just to name a few. Since Wendigo Totem deals damage, I told myself to not use it.

But then again, I already punish myself since I can't use many skills because they require a weapon. And since I noticed I really lack some form of healing, I decided to exclude Wendigo Totem and just use it to heal me.

I'm still kind of torn whether or not I'm cheating then, but I really can't skip it. Using pots is starting to get more difficult in Act 4.
Old 12-20-2016, 09:48 AM
Advocate

Quote:
PRM? DEE? I'm not familiar with abbreviations in this game yet. If it's a skill that is not using an attack, then I consider it cheating. I only use Briarthorn for splitting aggro (trust me, it's too good), which is also why it only has 1 point skilled into it. If you want to consider that cheating... then so be it. I don't. Barely deals any damage even with auras.

To your other points:

Fire Strike at level 2 gives me 6 Fire damage. The Physical modifier doesn't help since I would have no such damage to begin with. That'd require Soldier or damage from gear.

Savagery at level 2 gives me 6 Lightning damage + 7 Bleeding damage over 3 seconds and has multiple charge levels that increase the damage. On top of that it also has Bleeding and Lightning modifiers which basically increase its own damage. The scaling is just far better.

I really took my time before deciding which path to take. This build is all about efficiency. Which is why the tree and Devotions are still subject to change.
Yes, but once you get to Explosive strike, you're in business. Of course, you want Static Strike asap, and Brimstone later. What's the point of basing the decisions on what happens at lvl 2 when you are intending to reach ultimate. Savagery flat damage is miserable compared to the Fire Strike line. The charges only affect weapon damage as well.
Old 12-20-2016, 10:05 AM
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralCash View Post
Yes, but once you get to Explosive strike, you're in business. Of course, you want Static Strike asap, and Brimstone later. What's the point of basing the decisions on what happens at lvl 2 when you are intending to reach ultimate. Savagery flat damage is miserable compared to the Fire Strike line. The charges only affect weapon damage as well.
The point is to not die miserably in endgame. Savagery gives me the best bang for the buck early on and after like ~lvl 30 or so you can switch to Cadence setup - which is what I already did. Shaman is needed for the massive HP increase and regen and heals.

There's really no reason to use Demolitionist.
Old 12-20-2016, 10:17 AM
Advocate

Quote:
The point is to not die miserably in endgame. Savagery gives me the best bang for the buck early on and after like ~lvl 30 or so you can switch to Cadence setup - which is what I already did. Shaman is needed for the massive HP increase and regen and heals.

There's really no reason to use Demolitionist.
Flashbang and Blast shield do more for your survivability than the health increase from the Shaman passive, especially since you don't use Wendigo for healing.
Old 12-20-2016, 10:48 AM
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralCash View Post
Flashbang and Blast shield do more for your survivability than the health increase from the Shaman passive, especially since you don't use Wendigo for healing.
But I use Wendigo Recently swapped it in because I changed my mind on this.

Tags
fist, tank, unarmed build, warder