Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Classes, Skills and Builds

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-25-2016, 12:21 AM
jajaja jajaja is offline
Campaigner
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 726
Unhappy [v1.0.0.4] Beginner's Physical Warder Build - BoC/MadQueen in 100% Craftable+Vendor Gear .. etc





Update: After some input from drizzto, i agree that getting transmuted blade arc as 2ndary cooldown based attack is very strong. he achieved 600k BA crit on a more cunning focused version of this build. While i think physique is still better due to soldier scaling it. getting BA is now definitely recommended. getting laceration to 12/12 is optional. some points can be taken from nonessentials or mastery.

So among the myriad of high dps deathmarked/ultos/dot builds physical dps hasn't been getting any love. This is a physical dps savagery warder build designed to be extremely tanky and nongear reliant - 19k hp and 30+ physical resist 1.5k+ armor in vendored/crafted gear. with very easy and flexible gearing, ideal for a beginner's 1st or 2nd farming character; or for HC. with all gear being craftable or vendorable. if you are a veteran with a bunch of legendaries, see the recommended gear section, the "ideal" gear setup is still very easy to get relative to the top builds while still being able to output decent dps while being ridiculously tanky.

While lightning savagery is very op, it requires the full ulto's set and is squishier than this build. The basis of this builds DPS comes from the fact that we can bind TWO devotion abilities to our LMB due to on crit mechanic of upheaval.

upheaval is triggered by crits, if you bind a on crit devotion ability to upheaval it will always proc whenever upheaval procs, i guess due to upheaval being an oncrit proc itself. This is much better than binding stuff to a nightblade DW proc, as the the proc has to proc the proc rather than the proc always happening on the dw proc

So we bind falconswoop to savagery and Blind fury to upheaval, effectively having 2 strong devotion skills on LMB. This combined with oleron's wrath relic proc, gives us very good aoe as long as we can maintain a reasonable OA.

The downside of upheaval is that procs cant proc it, so feral hunger or zolhans crits do not proc upheaval and therefore do not proc blind fury. therefore we do not get zolhans at all, we still get feral hunger for the big lifesteal. Upheaval only needs 1 point to get most of its dmg, and since we are mainly needing it to trigger blind fury, its not necessary to max.

-resist comes from warcry, assassin's mark, which is easily proced by wendigo totem's fast hitting aoe. and additionally blackmatriach ring in the ideal gear version.





[v1.0.0.4]Video: Mad queen kill, in fully craftable/vendor geared
https://youtu.be/kcuqKjMOKmM

[v1.0.0.4]Video: 12min BoC+nemesis run, in fully craftable/vendored gear
https://youtu.be/xvBnoZTKOTE


[v1.0.0.4]Video: Mad queen kill, in "ideal" gear
https://youtu.be/RThJY3jVpSw


[v1.0.0.4]Video: BoC Run in "ideal" gear
https://youtu.be/sNYFZnvcouk






With +skills. +1 shaman +5 soldier and a few singles; left over points can go to a either menhilr's will or fighting spirit

http://grimcalc.com/build/rkbJ4Bs

Stat distribution: About ~50 spirit to use jewelry - depending which ones you want. rest in physique.

Gameplay:
LMB: Savagery (devotion ability falconswoop)
Upheaval - devotion ability Blind fury
RMB: Blitz
mousewheel up: wendigo totem (devotion ability Assassin's mark)
mousewheel down: Warcry
giants blood can be bound to any aura

Charge into the middle of everything drop wendigo/warcry and go to town, being in the middle makes the most out of your aoe upheaval+blindfury.

healing totem has a range so make sure to stay in it, also it does not heal if theres no enemies near it, like your standing on ground shit.


Shar'zul Tips: pretty much just zerg. if he gets u low with heals down run for a bit, due to extreme tankiness, even if he doens't die fast, generally do not need to kite, but he can still hit hard occassionally, so if proc menhirs wills and still get low, then kite a bit until its back.

Mad queen tips: same as sharzul basically


These are the hardest farming bosses right now so other farming bosses should be a joke, they occasionally drop me in my vendored gear version. in my fully geared version they have yet to proc my menhir i dont think.


Gearing:
Note that i do not list many resist augments/components, since my vendored gear will be different than yours, use them to get the resists you need.

Head:Faceguard of Justice sancified bone, crafted
Shoulders: Elite Chosen Pauldrons kymon's chosen reputation vendor
Chest: Elite Devil's Chestguard chains of oleron or kilrithian's shattered soul - Devil's crossing reputation vendor
hand: Elite Harvest Grips unholy inscription, Homestead reputation vendor
Leg: crafted or vendored legs
Relic: Oleron's Wrath, or Juggernaught oleron's wrath has alot of mat requirements if you don't have it juggernaught is still a very good cheap relic

Weapon #1Levianthan crafted, imbued silver +blacklegion elemental dmg augment (this augment is for the OA, hp, mana regen)
Weapon #2optional gun can use to kite enemies if for some reason you can't tank it.

Ring #1: vendored ring corpse dust or ectoplasm
Ring #2: vendored ring corpse dust or ectoplasm
Neck: Empowered Essence of Beronath Dread skull, crafted [/B]
Belt: Reforge Chains Of oleron crafted
Boots: Elite Rhowari Greaves Mark of mogdrogen - from Rovers faction vendor
Medal: Badge of Mastery Dread skull

Note the faction green gear - you can keep remaking game to roll the best stats on them before you buy.

The legendaries are all craftable, get the mats and ask someone in the trade forum to craft for you, with a tip of course usually people will be glad to do it.


Devotions:

As we have mainly one damage type, its very efficient to stack % damage.

Leveling guide:
Lvl with physical focused primal strike. get primal bond. After finishing primal bond primal strike+torrent+heart of the wild. Then go into soldier's passives.

Initially find high dmg 2hander, both range+melee. go melee when u can tank, if cant, go range. silverbolts is a great weapon at lvl 50 to use all the way til 75. Oh and rush kraken on the devotion, u can get it really early, shit is beyond broken and makes leveling a joke.

-> planned: much detailed leveling guide for newbies in the works.

Recommended or ideal gear:

Bascially replace some of the above stuff with the following:
Handguards of Justice
Shoulderguards of Justice
Peerless Eye of Beronath
Golemborne Greaves
Divinesteel haubark
Chausses of Barbaros
Ring of the Black Matriach

ring #2 - any
components , resists augments depending on rolls and ring#2

In closing:
So ultos', deathmarked builds are op and such, thus difficult for other non-Dot, nongimmicky builds to match their dps; however, physical warder easily beats nearly everything in terms of survivability (due to physical dps gear having large amounts of physical resist and +soldier skills to get enough passives) while still offering a reasonable amount of dps, with minimal gear requirements , even in the "ideal" version.

It was intended as a guide for a first/2nd character to start your farming with. It is also a very strong HC build due to extreme survivability and menhirs will, as well as the option to use mark of divinity for even more saftety.
__________________

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My Build Compendium:[/COLOR]
http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/member.php?u=18790
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last edited by jajaja; 07-27-2016 at 03:58 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-25-2016, 12:37 AM
Mickelangello Mickelangello is offline
Speaker
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 71
Default

Good job! There need to be more guides for beginners like this.

It shows how OP warder is though. Most characters can't facetank Mad Queen even with fully optimized gear.
__________________
Markovian's Battlemage lvl 85 - http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37429
Hunter Conjurer - in progress
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-25-2016, 12:41 AM
jajaja jajaja is offline
Campaigner
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 726
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickelangello View Post
It shows how OP warder is though. Most characters can't facetank Mad Queen even with fully optimized gear.
my answer to this is:




nerf static strike
__________________

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My Build Compendium:[/COLOR]
http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/member.php?u=18790
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-25-2016, 04:26 AM
mlinke mlinke is offline
Initiate
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 9
Default

Actually the way that zohlan's technique/feral hunger interact with upheaval is different than you describe. Upheaval has a 100% chance to proc if you roll a crit on the target of you autoattack, if you have ZT/FH, the chances add together and get divided by the total percentage. Upheaval's chance to proc with either skill is 80% of crits, with both skills it is 66.666% of crits.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-25-2016, 05:53 AM
actuanpanda's Avatar
actuanpanda actuanpanda is offline
Counsel
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 234
Default

Nice, looks almost exactly like my current setup.
Question, can you facetank the Queen 100% all the time? I died a few times trying to do that even with Menhir's Will, she has an insane attack that burns 14k HP in the blink of an eye so I just gtfo when she's on her period.

Last edited by actuanpanda; 06-25-2016 at 05:56 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-25-2016, 07:30 AM
615 615 is offline
Acolyte
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 31
Default

This will be perfect to reform my boring reflect warder. But why full class points in shaman when you only go as far as far as storm touched? Is it just to speed up leveling with primal bond?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-25-2016, 07:42 AM
dekaron's Avatar
dekaron dekaron is offline
Emissary
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 801
Default

I think going full helps with stats mainly for jewellery
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-25-2016, 11:59 AM
Syn's Avatar
Syn Syn is offline
Herald
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Farming Meph NM /p8
Posts: 1,104
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by actuanpanda View Post
...she has an insane attack that burns 14k HP in the blink of an eye so I just gtfo when she's on her period.
Absolutely priceless description, Panda!

Syn
__________________
`
Rick Grimes - LVL 50 SC Single-Pass Full-Clear Fire Strike Pyro - Veteran - 7909 HP - 4720 DPS - 128% IAS - 79/80/80/62/80/58/0/0/0/18 - 625k Iron - Item Level 38 - Deaths 0

Mods - Grim Dawg's Good Looking Mod - Tools - Mamba's GD Stash
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-25-2016, 08:04 PM
Scote Scote is offline
Advocate
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 521
Default

I've been staying away from upheaval as I've read it was broken and will gimp your character. I know if 1.0.0.4 it was "fixed" but I thought I still read it can gimp you. Is that based off of only certain builds now, such as one that use more WPS. Kind of like using cadence with WPS? When using just feral hunger, you won't be as gimped. I'm not fully sure what mlinke was trying to say, but I think it was the same as what you were saying. It procs off of autoattack skills, not WPS, so if you have a 25% chance to trigger feral hunger, then you will only get to use upheaval 75% of the time as when feral hunger triggers it will not trigger upheaval even if feral hunger crits. Also a reason to drop the ZT as that would reduce upheaval's use by another 25%? I'm I following that correctly?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-25-2016, 08:22 PM
mlinke mlinke is offline
Initiate
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scote View Post
I've been staying away from upheaval as I've read it was broken and will gimp your character. I know if 1.0.0.4 it was "fixed" but I thought I still read it can gimp you. Is that based off of only certain builds now, such as one that use more WPS. Kind of like using cadence with WPS? When using just feral hunger, you won't be as gimped. I'm not fully sure what mlinke was trying to say, but I think it was the same as what you were saying. It procs off of autoattack skills, not WPS, so if you have a 25% chance to trigger feral hunger, then you will only get to use upheaval 75% of the time as when feral hunger triggers it will not trigger upheaval even if feral hunger crits. Also a reason to drop the ZT as that would reduce upheaval's use by another 25%? I'm I following that correctly?
It doesn't work like that, I tested it. Basically it works like this, first the game checks to see if you rolled a crit on the target of you auto attack. If you do roll a crit, it adds the percentages together (100%+25%+25%) if you have both ZT/FH and then it divides the chances by the total percentage (150% or 1.5 to simplify in this case). 100%/1.5= 66.666666% chance for upheaval, and 25%/1.5= 16.666666% for either ZT or FH. WPS skills always add the separate chances of different procs together and divides if the total chance is over 100%. 25% ZT + 25% FH + 50% no proc if you don't roll a crit.

Last edited by mlinke; 06-25-2016 at 08:25 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
warder

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


Grim Dawn ©2017 Crate Entertainment, LLC.
vBulletin® 3.8.4 ©2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.