Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Classes, Skills and Builds

Old 08-11-2017, 09:39 AM
Speaker

[/QUOTE]Thanks for this tip; I wish I knew this a couple days ago. I have 14000 retaliation damage but ranged enemies really drag me down. I put one of these in my Empowered Cruel Edge and now I have a skill that does no less than 2000 damage. I'm sure it made the fight with Bloodlord Thalonis much quicker. After killing the Loghorrean and turning in the quest I got these awesome Boneweave Leggings. They are utterly destroying ranged enemies.[/QUOTE]

Farm the haunted undead or aetherial til you find a Spectral war shield or Fleshwarped bulwark with suffix OF VALOR, 29-41% dmg reflect with nice elemental resis plus bonus DA.
Old 08-19-2017, 11:29 AM
Initiate

What do you think the easiest Nemesis would be for that build? I managed to beat the Aetherial one in Epic, but that took way too long (and too many lightning resist potions) and haven't met him in Ultimate yet, tried the Undead once but couldn't deal with its second form. Haven't unlocked the Iron Maiden or Fabius yet, but they look/sound like they'd be mostly melee, so maybe those two? I'd rather not take too much risks on a Hardcore character...
Old 08-19-2017, 04:33 PM
Advocate

Fabius and Iron Maiden. Ironically, they can spawn with OP weapons which can potentially cut through all your defenses.
http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=69&pictureid=206
Old 09-23-2017, 02:57 AM
Speaker

I notice you still don't have a helm listed for BiS, is there anything better for a retaliation warder than Outcast's Secret?
Old 10-11-2017, 09:33 PM
Initiate

Finally beat the game in Hardcore ultimate! This was my final (but still sub-optimal) build:
http://www.grimtools.com/calc/xZyM7kZm

The most dangerous fights were Karroz (his first form took 20 minutes and a gazillion potions, once he turns into an unraveler he was much easier though) and Thalonis (also took a bit more than 20 minutes, but I was never in any real danger for that fight as long as I paid attention). The Logorrhean itself was only really dangerous when it summoned its Vanguards/Tyrants.
Old 10-16-2017, 03:29 AM
Initiate

http://www.grimtools.com/calc/4NOYQmdV

Here's my variation of this build semi-updated for the new expansion. All equipment has been upgraded to its Mythical version. I'm unsure about some of my component choices though.

There are 23 unspent skill points because I haven't decided where to put them yet. I haven't looked at the new constellations, so I don't know if the devotion needs to be changed. I just spent the 5 new devotion points finishing up my previous build plan.

If the numbers in-game actually match the ones in grimtools then this will be a pretty ridiculous build (assuming you can actually find all of this stuff).

Spoiler!
Old 10-16-2017, 07:11 AM
Initiate

This build still going strong?
Old 10-17-2017, 05:24 AM
Speaker

I noticed that this build has been religated to "Archive." Has there been massive nerfs to the build/concept on why this was the case? Or is it in general to give way for the changes of the new expansion?
Old 10-17-2017, 05:54 AM
Praetorian

The build is quite old (March 2016 so just after the game was fully released), but yes archived to clear the way for new builds including the expansion content.
Old 10-19-2017, 05:49 PM
Initiate

Oldy but goody.

I'm trying to update the build for expansion. Those with more knowledge and experience please comment.

I can not post the full link to grim tool yet, but the build is at /calc/4ZDMz4pN

I tried not to deviate too much from Squib's original build while keeping retaliate high and high over resist where possible.

Further tweaks welcome.

Last edited by Fatmice; 10-19-2017 at 05:52 PM.

Tags
hardcore, warder