Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Classes, Skills and Builds

Old 07-29-2017, 04:39 PM
Speaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by valium View Post
does retaliation damage effect ranged attacks? or just melee hits?
Retaliation triggers on melee hits.

Reflect works on ranged & spells (magic) hits.

Very best,
Old 07-31-2017, 02:52 AM
Speaker

Looking for some advice:

I just hit level 70 with my Retaliation Warder in Elite. I almost have everyone other than black legion at revered (outcast was first and easiest with the quest-line). I ran and completed Steps of Torment to the very end and took out the boss. I ran and completed the Bastion of Chaos to the very end and took out all the bosses. Some of it took a while on some fights, but I had no trouble staying alive, just trouble in some spots taking down the heros/bosses when they're casters/ranged (very few). I cleared Port Valbury, but man, that was a different world of hard compared to SoT & BoC. PV is much more difficult for a Retaliation Warder.

My health is around 14.5k. 2.5k Energy.

Resistances are nearly maxed, and over max on some (re worked my whole equipment line to incorporate large amounts of aether resistance). My lowest is piercing resistance. The rest is in the 65%~85% range.

Retaliation is showing 4~7k damage on typical mobs.

Gear is limited, just what I've found along the way.

My question is: at what point did you transition to Ultimate? Do you continue to grind/farm for gear forever until you have key pieces and crafts? Or do you move on at level 70 to Ultimate as long as resistances are good? I'm still having a hard time getting reflect gear to compliment resistances and retaliation specs, so I'm dealing with ranged stuff with savagery (long going but works since I don't die) and granted skills from components in items (with fast cool downs); still slow on those. Melee mobs and bosses melt fast. But I'm still taking it long and slow on the ranged/caster mobs. What do?

Very best,
Old 07-31-2017, 02:57 AM
Speaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickle View Post
I literally found this less than thirty minutes after reading your post; it really blew my mind. It looks great but I'm not going to remove a piece of my Perdition set to equip it.

Thanks for this tip; I wish I knew this a couple days ago. I have 14000 retaliation damage but ranged enemies really drag me down. I put one of these in my Empowered Cruel Edge and now I have a skill that does no less than 2000 damage. I'm sure it made the fight with Bloodlord Thalonis much quicker. After killing the Loghorrean and turning in the quest I got these awesome Boneweave Leggings. They are utterly destroying ranged enemies.
I actually was playing with the Boneweave leggings & still using the Empowered Cruel Edge, from level 50's to 70. I actually loved how the Boneweave allowed for Sigil procs pretty often and it helped take down ranged stuff, but was still slow. Mid-60's I replaced them with higher defense gear with more resists. Still looking for more reflection gear as that's ultimately what is needed without re-specing to allow for a better single target attack (like savagery, cadence, or something else). Ultimately the granted skills do more, on their own, are cheap and work. But at the end of Elite and entering Ultimate, it's very slow going even with those.

Very best,
Old 08-05-2017, 11:26 PM
Initiate

I've been following this build quite a while and as i'm getting closer to having exact same gear i'm still very far from the amount of HP he has (he has 24k)
Maybe i have overlooked something...?
Old 08-11-2017, 06:40 AM
Initiate

I like this guide but would love it if I could find a retaliation mod that still worked
Old 08-11-2017, 09:38 AM
Counsel

Thanks for this tip; I wish I knew this a couple days ago. I have 14000 retaliation damage but ranged enemies really drag me down. I put one of these in my Empowered Cruel Edge and now I have a skill that does no less than 2000 damage. I'm sure it made the fight with Bloodlord Thalonis much quicker. After killing the Loghorrean and turning in the quest I got these awesome Boneweave Leggings. They are utterly destroying ranged enemies.[/QUOTE]

Farm the haunted undead or aetherial til you find a Spectral war shield or Fleshwarped bulwark with suffix OF VALOR, 29-41% dmg reflect with nice elemental resis plus bonus DA.
Old 08-11-2017, 09:39 AM
Counsel

[/QUOTE]Thanks for this tip; I wish I knew this a couple days ago. I have 14000 retaliation damage but ranged enemies really drag me down. I put one of these in my Empowered Cruel Edge and now I have a skill that does no less than 2000 damage. I'm sure it made the fight with Bloodlord Thalonis much quicker. After killing the Loghorrean and turning in the quest I got these awesome Boneweave Leggings. They are utterly destroying ranged enemies.[/QUOTE]

Farm the haunted undead or aetherial til you find a Spectral war shield or Fleshwarped bulwark with suffix OF VALOR, 29-41% dmg reflect with nice elemental resis plus bonus DA.
Old 08-19-2017, 11:29 AM
Initiate

What do you think the easiest Nemesis would be for that build? I managed to beat the Aetherial one in Epic, but that took way too long (and too many lightning resist potions) and haven't met him in Ultimate yet, tried the Undead once but couldn't deal with its second form. Haven't unlocked the Iron Maiden or Fabius yet, but they look/sound like they'd be mostly melee, so maybe those two? I'd rather not take too much risks on a Hardcore character...
Old 08-19-2017, 04:33 PM
Campaigner

Fabius and Iron Maiden. Ironically, they can spawn with OP weapons which can potentially cut through all your defenses.
http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=69&pictureid=206
Old 09-23-2017, 02:57 AM
Speaker

I notice you still don't have a helm listed for BiS, is there anything better for a retaliation warder than Outcast's Secret?

Tags
hardcore, warder