Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Off Topic > News In Gaming

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-13-2018, 12:41 AM
eralduspr's Avatar
eralduspr eralduspr is offline
Praetorian
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,797
Smile Resident Evil 2 Remake demo walkthrough

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrGfx-AbZb0

Three words: day one purchase

Also I dunno how to make YT videos show directly here.
__________________
"I haven't saw such a sad display since Ulzuin's betrayal."

-Lokkar, master of the Crucible

"Stand still so I can—Feel my wrath!"

-Warden Krieg
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-13-2018, 12:43 AM
Norzan Norzan is offline
Praetorian
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 3,791
Default

Apparently it's over the shoulder like RE4 and i wonder why.

There's apparently some speculation that you can toggle between the fixed camera angles and the over the shoulder camera.
__________________
List of my characters is too large to fit in this box.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-13-2018, 12:00 PM
RedFist's Avatar
RedFist RedFist is offline
Counsel
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 244
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eralduspr View Post
Also I dunno how to make YT videos show directly here.
check this
__________________
That which doesn't kill me, gives me experience.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-16-2018, 07:17 PM
ZaKaRuNe's Avatar
ZaKaRuNe ZaKaRuNe is offline
Counsel
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 202
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norzan View Post
Apparently it's over the shoulder like RE4 and i wonder why.

There's apparently some speculation that you can toggle between the fixed camera angles and the over the shoulder camera.
There's a leak I seen on Reddit claiming that once you beat the game you can unlock the fixed camera mode, The leak said something along the lines of that this mode will have fixed aiming so its much harder game mode. Let's hope it checks out.
__________________
Base Game cleared, Current Part-time Modder, My Mod is getting there! Wanna check out a tiny bit of what i am working on? Hit up my Steampage! http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198037881900/screenshots/#scrollTop=0
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-17-2018, 12:46 AM
Norzan Norzan is offline
Praetorian
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 3,791
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaKaRuNe View Post
There's a leak I seen on Reddit claiming that once you beat the game you can unlock the fixed camera mode, The leak said something along the lines of that this mode will have fixed aiming so its much harder game mode. Let's hope it checks out.
That sounds dumb in my opinion. I bet some of the fans of the original are not gonna play the remake because of the third person prespective and locking the fixed camera angles behind having to beat the game in third person to be able to play in fixed camera mode is backwards.
__________________
List of my characters is too large to fit in this box.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-17-2018, 10:22 AM
matthewfarmery matthewfarmery is offline
Praetorian
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 5,990
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norzan View Post
That sounds dumb in my opinion. I bet some of the fans of the original are not gonna play the remake because of the third person prespective and locking the fixed camera angles behind having to beat the game in third person to be able to play in fixed camera mode is backwards.
I loved RE 2, can't say I like the the camera either in this remake, not a good move.
__________________
Legendary key holder since 20/12/2010

Co-op Digital Deluxe Bundle supporter I hope GD is a success
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-17-2018, 12:11 PM
eralduspr's Avatar
eralduspr eralduspr is offline
Praetorian
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,797
Default

Since this is a complete remake of RE2, and not just a remaster. I'm very glad they decided to go for the OTS camera instead. It allows a dynamic and better control of your character, while also allowing the player to look around the place, noticing extra details that they would probably miss, due to camera restrictions.
__________________
"I haven't saw such a sad display since Ulzuin's betrayal."

-Lokkar, master of the Crucible

"Stand still so I can—Feel my wrath!"

-Warden Krieg
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


Grim Dawn ©2018 Crate Entertainment, LLC.
vBulletin® 3.8.4 ©2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.