Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Classes, Skills and Builds

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-21-2018, 10:36 AM
Belzzzz Belzzzz is offline
Supporter
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 165
Default [1.0.6.0] S&B Aether CDR – The Kriegskandra Knight

THE KRIEGSKANDRA KNIGHT



I’ve always been annoyed at how I coudn’t find a solid build for my Spellbinder by myself. Spellbinder is indeed usually quite squishy ; AAR Aether or Drain Essence were good enough for leveling and campaign but not for lazy Nemesis/Lokarr Hunt.

I decided to go S&B and « all-in » on Aether Damage.
Defence is the usual and straightforward Mark of Torment / Mirror of Ereoctes / Time Dilation. Though 1.0.6.0. patch nerfed it, it is still very powerful and you have enough defensive options to wait for the CD to comeback.

The result is a 7 aura, almost unkillable, explosive and green Knight with great clear time and good single target damage. Don’t be fooled by the low hp and armor, it is very solid with good physical res., shield and Maiven/Spectral auras.

GRIMTOOL

>>>> Click me ! <<<<



No buffs, only auras/toggles.


GRIMTOOL #2

Slightly less RR and defence but more flat damage (Magelord Rings)
>>>> CLICK ME! (AGAIN) <<<<

EQUIPMENT
  • 4 pieces of the Iksandra Set provides great damage, +skills and physical res.
  • 2 pieces of the Krieg Set.
  • The belt provides 50% fire conversion to Callidor’s Tempest and Aetherfire.
  • Master of Flesh MI for a nice default LMB attack (any Theodin Scepter would work, though some prefix/suffix combo are obviously better than others).
  • Other pieces chosen for Aether damage, RR and some good « when hit » procs.
  • The Shield shines in this build.

DEVOTION PATH
  • Arcane Bomb linked to LMB Fleshwarped Strikes.
  • Aetherfire linked to RMB Ather Corruption.
  • Time Dilation linked to K1 Ravenous Earth.`
  • Spear of the Heavens does some good work in this S&B Build.
  • Ghoulish Hunger is a good enough safety net besides MoT+MoE.

GAMEPLAY

LMB Fleshwarped Strikes
RMB Ather Corruption
K1 Ravenous Earth
K2 Callidor’s Tempest
K3 Spihon Souls
K4 Mirror of Ereoctes
K5 Mark of Torment
K6 Nullification
  • You only need the defensive combo (MoT+MoE) on Nemesis/End Bosses.
  • Callidor’s Tempest hits really hard (over 200K on crits’) and gets rid of everything but elite monsters.
  • Reaping Strike is another reliable source of sustain besides Siphon Soul.
  • Nullification imh is the best utility ability in the game.

PROS AND CONS

+
  • Great AoE for a S&B ;
  • Good RR ;
  • Totally safe and almost unkillable if well played ;
  • Facetank everything (Lokarr, Master of Flesh, all Nemesis) but Grava’thul ;
  • No MI with the good and right roll needed.

-
  • Aura dependent => Grava’Thul is the only danger in the game ;
  • No Mobility skill ;
  • Lacks a good DA shredder.

LOKARR FIGHT
I don’t play Crucible so Lokarr is my standard reference.
Average kill is 1 min 00 sec. Full lazy facetanking mode.


GRAVA'THUL
The only danger, as I said, but doable. Preferably, the encounter has to take place in a large area for kiting and hit & run. My only death occured in the second part of Cinder Wastes where it was almost impossible to kite, till I found a big megalith to turn around on my second try.

ROOM FOR IMPROVEMENT
  • Magelord (blue) Rings for more « Elemental converted to Aether » to make use of the Iskandra +Elemental damage bonuses on the Amulet and Helm (Inner Focus). cf. GRIMTOOL #2
  • A Mythical Mindwarp + Shard of Beronath for a full no-MI version of the build.

If someone could try it on crucible, I’d be glad to know the results.

Hope you guys like it !

Last edited by Belzzzz; 07-18-2018 at 12:45 PM. Reason: New GT Link
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-21-2018, 11:05 AM
mad_lee mad_lee is offline
Champion
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 2,219
Default

You have one extra point in Reckless Power. You should also max fabric of reality for more flat aether. Foul Eruption is useless on this build, its flat RR is only applied to enemies killed by Acid Earth. You should also take Devastation, great damage support, and you have skill points to spare (like 5 extra points in Elemental Balance for 5% crit damage is a waste).

Something like that (note the huge increase of flat aether damage)
__________________
Check out my builds and guides to them (all Crucible Gladiator 150-170 capable) in my profile.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-21-2018, 12:06 PM
Belzzzz Belzzzz is offline
Supporter
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 165
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad_lee View Post
You have one extra point in Reckless Power. You should also max fabric of reality for more flat aether. Foul Eruption is useless on this build, its flat RR is only applied to enemies killed by Acid Earth. You should also take Devastation, great damage support, and you have skill points to spare (like 5 extra points in Elemental Balance for 5% crit damage is a waste).

Something like that (note the huge increase of flat aether damage)
  • Foul Eruption also provides %health reduction.
  • How can RR be applied on killed enemies ? And what's Acid Earth exactly ?
  • How can I take Devastation with a shield ?
  • With 1.0.6.0., you have to hard cap MoE for CDR. 12/12 isn't enough.
  • Extra points in Elemental Balance for Fabric of Reality is a good point though.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-21-2018, 12:52 PM
mad_lee mad_lee is offline
Champion
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 2,219
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belzzzz View Post
  • Foul Eruption also provides %health reduction.
  • How can RR be applied on killed enemies ? And what's Acid Earth exactly ?
  • How can I take Devastation with a shield ?
  • With 1.0.6.0., you have to hard cap MoE for CDR. 12/12 isn't enough.
  • Extra points in Elemental Balance for Fabric of Reality is a good point though.
I dropped the ball with Devastation, you are absolutely right. Forget I suggested it

I meant Ravenous Earth, duh, so RR from Foul Eruption only applies to mob if nearby mob died from Foul Erruption iirc. So Foul Eruption is only good on Ravenous Earth builds.

I am not sure you need those 2 extra seconds on moE on a shield build with Mark of Torment, but if you absolutely need it then sure, hard cap it.

So this is what it should look like. Even more flat Aether.

EDIT: more improvements: Seal of the Void in weapon for more attack speed and another wps and consecrated wrappings in gloves for more attack speed.
__________________
Check out my builds and guides to them (all Crucible Gladiator 150-170 capable) in my profile.

Last edited by mad_lee; 05-21-2018 at 12:58 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-21-2018, 02:04 PM
Belzzzz Belzzzz is offline
Supporter
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 165
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad_lee View Post
I dropped the ball with Devastation, you are absolutely right. Forget I suggested it

I meant Ravenous Earth, duh, so RR from Foul Eruption only applies to mob if nearby mob died from Foul Erruption iirc. So Foul Eruption is only good on Ravenous Earth builds.

I am not sure you need those 2 extra seconds on moE on a shield build with Mark of Torment, but if you absolutely need it then sure, hard cap it.

So this is what it should look like. Even more flat Aether.

EDIT: more improvements: Seal of the Void in weapon for more attack speed and another wps and consecrated wrappings in gloves for more attack speed.
  • I didn't know this mechanic of Foul Eruption. I cut those points indeed.
  • Necrotic Edge: I had it for a time but I didn't feel the difference when I cut it off from the build, as CT + SS + AC + "when hit" procs are enough for AoE.
  • Resistance cap is why I finally cut Magelord Rings from the build. Or then I would need some good roll MI Pants/boots to fill gap, which isn't the goal of a non-MI build.
  • I just tried your set-up but Chaos/Vitality res. are nearly impossible to cap without taking some defence off (components/augment). Lokarr felt more difficult, I couldn't facetank all the fight.
  • Seal of the Void seems interesting.
  • Consecrated W.: Restless remains is the only lifesteal source besides the frog constellation.
  • Points in IEE make sense too indeed.

It needs more testing then but the raw concept (S&B Aether CDR Spellbinder) works fine.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-21-2018, 06:44 PM
griffisu's Avatar
griffisu griffisu is offline
Counsel
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 246
Default

I Love it.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-22-2018, 02:53 PM
Belzzzz Belzzzz is offline
Supporter
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 165
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffisu View Post
I Love it.
I'm glad you do

I've updated the grimtool link, including some relevant changes proposed by mad_lee, whom I didn't thank properly for his time taken to analyse my build.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-22-2018, 03:05 PM
TZ Tz TZ Tz is offline
Emissary
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 907
Default

I think max Elemental Balance for Crit is nice.
You can taking the skills points from Siphon Souls - Blood Boil or from MoT
__________________
Cool Grim Dawn Videos :
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCypaCutBNX3lwtwWlhRlbqQ
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-22-2018, 11:24 PM
Belzzzz Belzzzz is offline
Supporter
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 165
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TZ Tz View Post
I think max Elemental Balance for Crit is nice.
You can taking the skills points from Siphon Souls - Blood Boil or from MoT
Siphon Soul could be cut a little indeed. I need to do a few test runs in Ancient Grove for more feedback.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-18-2018, 12:46 PM
Belzzzz Belzzzz is offline
Supporter
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 165
Default

Second grimtools link added, for a Magelord set up.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
spellbinder

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


Grim Dawn ©2018 Crate Entertainment, LLC.
vBulletin® 3.8.4 ©2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.