Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Classes, Skills and Builds

Old 10-28-2017, 09:13 PM
Speaker

Would you still play this build without the set (as a 1st HC char)
Old 10-28-2017, 09:22 PM
Counsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by eltondarlington View Post
Question about Cadence transmuter Discord. does converting the physical damage to element effect the fire damage increment node u got from Devotion?
For 3 points of investment, Discord doesn't really add any substantial damage that you would notice at all, plus we barely have any damage bonus to other elements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johito View Post
Very nice build. Fire everywhre! Couple of questions if you dont mind. Do you find phoenix fire worthy? 128 damage absorption may not seem much but my tests have shown that it really makes a difference. You wont tank shit while being afk, but it really helps. Also, why no BC in the 2h build? Last but not least, dont you think solael's is quite mandatory? I mean 33 RR is huge dont you agree?
128 absorption is quite high if you do the math but it would be quite the hassle to fit Phoenix Fire into the current tree without doing worse sacrifices.

I left several paths open in the build for personal customization but i think i should be more specific about it, i will edit for it.
It is up for preference to get a 17/22 BWC with a transmuter to reduce enemy offensive efficieny, it would definitely be a really good option.

As i pointed out in the build, unfinished Revenant is open to respec into Solael's if needed. I didn't really feel the lack of RR except in rare instances where some champions with high fire res would take longer to kill when they come up with annoying buff heroes.
Viper + ES + TM are good enough to shred resistances but more RR would never hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavija View Post
Would you still play this build without the set (as a 1st HC char)

Weapon is the most important part in the build. I think it can be improvised to some extent with mainly rares but at the end of day nothing would really hold the set's place for itemization.
Although if you play really carefully, you can make your way up to Gladiator but to be able to beat Gladiator you need to have your gear with above average rolls and know how to juggle through waves.

I would advise starting with the BWC version first rather than 2H if you aim to use it as your first HC char. I leveled with ranged FS until i could use the non mythical version of the weapon at level 65.
You can take several routes like BA, FW or FS as i did then when you have access to faction items at 50, can use Cadence onwards till you get more gear and feel comfortable at where you stand.

Last edited by Pyroscar; 10-28-2017 at 09:31 PM.
Old 10-29-2017, 08:18 AM
Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyroscar View Post
For 3 points of investment, Discord doesn't really add any substantial damage that you would notice at all, plus we barely have any damage bonus to other elements.

128 absorption is quite high if you do the math but it would be quite the hassle to fit Phoenix Fire into the current tree without doing worse sacrifices.

I left several paths open in the build for personal customization but i think i should be more specific about it, i will edit for it.
It is up for preference to get a 17/22 BWC with a transmuter to reduce enemy offensive efficieny, it would definitely be a really good option.

As i pointed out in the build, unfinished Revenant is open to respec into Solael's if needed. I didn't really feel the lack of RR except in rare instances where some champions with high fire res would take longer to kill when they come up with annoying buff heroes.
Viper + ES + TM are good enough to shred resistances but more RR would never hurt

Weapon is the most important part in the build. I think it can be improvised to some extent with mainly rares but at the end of day nothing would really hold the set's place for itemization.
Although if you play really carefully, you can make your way up to Gladiator but to be able to beat Gladiator you need to have your gear with above average rolls and know how to juggle through waves.

I would advise starting with the BWC version first rather than 2H if you aim to use it as your first HC char. I leveled with ranged FS until i could use the non mythical version of the weapon at level 65.
You can take several routes like BA, FW or FS as i did then when you have access to faction items at 50, can use Cadence onwards till you get more gear and feel comfortable at where you stand.

I think I will take solael's and not spec into TM. I really can't stand that skill. It rocks when AOEing, but I am seek and tired of trying to affect a boss with them spamming like an idiot for 10 secs while the boss hams on me
Old 10-29-2017, 01:35 PM
Initiate

Thanks for the Build, its perfect timing actually as a friend just hit a wall with his fire commando build ( http://www.grimtools.com/calc/YNnMLkAZ still unfinished ) and this looks like it might be quite the improvement.

Do you really need the new crafting components on the items or are they optional?
And is the burn damage from Brimstone that much better then Shar zul?
Old 10-29-2017, 04:54 PM
Counsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Letharg View Post
Thanks for the Build, its perfect timing actually as a friend just hit a wall with his fire commando build ( http://www.grimtools.com/calc/YNnMLkAZ still unfinished ) and this looks like it might be quite the improvement.

Do you really need the new crafting components on the items or are they optional?
And is the burn damage from Brimstone that much better then Shar zul?
Infernal Brimstone has the highest flat Burn damage in the game and is really the key point of the build. The weapon allows the dot damage kiting style and actually dealing considerable damage while repositioning between packs.
Which is essential since taking everything head on HC Glad would be too risky.

Also i wanted to test Shar'zul WE since CD of the item skill is quite okay to spam often.
I'll need to farm BoC (i haven't yet) and been thinking of using SW as a weapon swap option for an extra source of Burn damage and a quite useful hard hitting AoE skill.
Old 10-29-2017, 09:44 PM
Initiate

hello Pyroscar
Thanks for this build.
I'm a begginer, can you tell me the road of devotion to take and the capabilities without the additions of the equipment.
Sorry for my english.
Old 10-30-2017, 06:05 AM
Initiate

Thoughts on alternate devotions for 2H build? Allows you to pick up Magi & Phoenix at the cost of Revenant.

http://www.grimtools.com/calc/8NKQaB8V

Last edited by Ceveth; 10-30-2017 at 06:08 AM.
Old 10-30-2017, 04:13 PM
Counsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weedzy View Post
hello Pyroscar
Thanks for this build.
I'm a begginer, can you tell me the road of devotion to take and the capabilities without the additions of the equipment.
Sorry for my english.
Hello, weapon is the key point of the build. Set itself doesn't really give any skill bonuses at all except to Blitz and investing into it is up to preference but set's completion bonus and overall boost to tankiness, armor and flat damage is really really important.
You can probably manage with items in the same direction or rares as long as you have the Infernal Brimstone but still couldn't be comparable.

I wouldn't advise you to start with the aim of completing this build if you are a beginner, maybe as a second character at the least.

For devotions it can vary depending how you level but i can advise as :

Fiend > Quill > Empty Throne > Chariot > Viper > Eel > Kraken > remove Eel and Chaos crossroads > Scholar > 3 points in Rhowans Crown > Hawk > Ulzuins Torch > Behemoth and after that you can invest up to your preference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceveth View Post
Thoughts on alternate devotions for 2H build? Allows you to pick up Magi & Phoenix at the cost of Revenant.

http://www.grimtools.com/calc/8NKQaB8V

Seems good, let me know if Phoenix is good and can be an alternate investment if you manage to test it out.
Old 10-31-2017, 01:08 PM
Initiate

How important are bonuses to % burn damage vs. other things?
What sort of itemization should I be prioritizing?
Old 10-31-2017, 01:32 PM
Counsel

Extra - BWC/Mine Burn Version

Grimtools : http://www.grimtools.com/calc/4ZDMxLkN]

This Version is only for extra Spawns?... Nice build, I will try it when I got all the items... Thanks...

How do you get life leech in this build?...

Last edited by OnionCuter; 10-31-2017 at 03:57 PM.

Tags
bwc, cadence, commando, hc crucible, witchblade