Old 03-22-2016, 06:15 PM
Speaker

Here is the latest info if you're a KS or website backer looking to get a GOG key or wondering about the in-game rewards.

Am i considered a backer if i bought the game after GD was released?
(from this website)

I bought only because i saw:
play on steam
DRM-FREE copy included (comming soon)
Old 03-22-2016, 06:16 PM
Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by wham View Post
@medierra
Actually, with Steam it defaults to cloud save. Personally, I would prefer it default to not cloud save, and you Opt IN for it, instead of Opting Out.

@SmartsAJ
In GrimDawn, if you go to the options section, then Network tab, there is an option to download the Cloud saves (or Delete be cognisant of the one you click).
I would venture that if you backup the saves somewhere else after they are downloaded to the location medierra mentioned, then when using the GoG version it should just read that info and start fine. If not, you have a backup you can restore to the GoG version if it clears the characters there.

Best Regards,
W
Telling the wrong person. Need to tell the poster before. That is why I gave the link to the other thread, which explains how to do so.
Old 03-22-2016, 06:40 PM
Speaker

Quote:
I had never heard of GoG (as a service/company etc) before this offering. Can someone explain how game updates would work going DRM free without GoG Galaxy? Would GoG(/Crate) host(/mirror) patch/upgrade files for offline installation for GoG versions?

Thanks,

W
Just like with DRM-free files on HumbleBundle, you can login to your account on the gog.com website, and download updates from there.

On a sidenote: it's strange that there are so many people who want DRM-free games, yet they don't know GoG, the largest provider of DRM-free games...
  Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #24  
Old 03-22-2016, 06:56 PM
Crate Employee - Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanic View Post
Here is the latest info if you're a KS or website backer looking to get a GOG key or wondering about the in-game rewards.

Am i considered a backer if i bought the game after GD was released?
(from this website)

I bought only because i saw:
play on steam
DRM-FREE copy included (comming soon)
Yes, if you bought on the website at any time, you can get a GOG key.
Old 03-22-2016, 07:21 PM
Acolyte

So far Steam community can't play with GoG community?, I was told by support that they were able to play together, this changes my plan

So now I don't know where to redeem my loyalist items, on GoG or Steam, can I redeem on both?. I purchased the game on Steam and also the loyalist and Ill use the loyalist for a GoG account. I prefer no drm but also like a bigger online community
Old 03-22-2016, 07:27 PM
Advocate

@Wednesday

The save game folder is in the My Games folder in My Documents
CPU: i7 3930K
GPU: GTX 980 Ti Hybrid
Soundcard: Creative SB Recon3D Fatal1ty Pro PCIe
Monitor 27'' @ 2560*1440
All running at stock speeds.
Old 03-22-2016, 07:37 PM
Counsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheiron View Post
That would kind of defeat the purpose, wouldn't it? People don't want Steam because it is considered DRM, so they buy the DRM-free version instead... and then they have to run the game through Steam to be able to play multiplayer with the people on Steam? Not going to happen...
Not really. You use STEAM's matchmaking service, but your copy of the game remains independent. STEAM'd act pretty much as a browser or a bit like GameRanger. It doesn't actually affect your game or the prequisites for running it at all. Also, you'd only do so when wanting to play with friends that have the game on STEAM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LurkerLito View Post
I just sent a request this morning to switch my key over.
Been since saturday,.. still no response from Humble.
Old 03-22-2016, 07:43 PM
Acolyte

Quote:
I had never heard of GoG (as a service/company etc) before this offering. Can someone explain how game updates would work going DRM free without GoG Galaxy? Would GoG(/Crate) host(/mirror) patch/upgrade files for offline installation for GoG versions?

Thanks,

W
GoG hosts the patches.

Let's say GD V.1.0.0.3 is released; in you GoG account at your Grim Dawn product, a new direct download will appear > GoG_GD_1.0.0.3.exe.

You download this miniature-installer to your PC in a folder. When you want to patch your game you run it; you don't need Internet anymore. It can't be more DRM-free than that lol.

Also for new buyers or if you re-install in the future, if there are many updates; GoG can make a big patch that will say from v.1.0.0.2 (base game) to v.1.0.1.9 or around then same thing you download a separate installer (the patch) to your machine and then you install it after installing the base game whenever you want if you want etc. You own your GD totally !
Old 03-22-2016, 07:45 PM
Initiate

Could someone answer my question? How do I get the Kickstarter backer extras in game? (the wig and the other digital extras)
  Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #30  
Old 03-22-2016, 07:48 PM
Crate Employee - Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOne320 View Post
Could someone answer my question? How do I get the Kickstarter backer extras in game? (the wig and the other digital extras)
The codes for those haven't been distributed yet. I have a call with Humble this afternoon to find out where they are with that and hopefully resolve whatever issues remain. Another update will be posted when the reward codes go out.

Tags
distribution, game key, multiplayer