Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Classes, Skills and Builds

Old 12-07-2018, 09:01 AM
Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfluff View Post
It's a legit idea.

TZTZ old DW Bonespike had good results but used scourge for pseudo attack. You can try belgo for more RE.

But you have to pay close attention. The shorter the CD of a spell is, the harder it is to make use of Belgo/Eternity (like for TSS) Becuase the CD of the proc is almost twice as long as the CD from the spell. So a lot of times it procs while your spell, in this case RE, is on CD, And after RE CD then the proc is on CD etc....

Hope I made sense. Case in point that it slowly becomes more like the Clairvoyant set 10% chance to reset. Not as reliable
Yeah. Got it. I was more concerned about the cooldowns of TD, Hungering Void, MoT and such when dropping an offhand. In case of RE the options to replace it (Pandemic and Bonespike) already have flat cdr anyway.

Iíll test the respec I linked above when I have time and maybe edit op to showcase a comparison. Thanks.
Old 12-07-2018, 02:36 PM
Champion

That last modifier on RE is nearly useless. Gotta take Manticore since you are not a Ritualist. I would say that Doom Bolt is not effective without boosts from items and hard cap. Take Bone Harvest instead.

This is how I would do this build. (did not touch augments so res are not capped).
Old 12-08-2018, 05:02 AM
Advocate

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad_lee View Post
That last modifier on RE is nearly useless. Gotta take Manticore since you are not a Ritualist. I would say that Doom Bolt is not effective without boosts from items and hard cap. Take Bone Harvest instead.

This is how I would do this build. (did not touch augments so res are not capped).
This is my first ever build that has anything to do with vitality so I don’t speak with much confidence but:

- Foul Eruption is pretty good on builds dedicated to RE. It does increase general clear speed on non-nemesis waves and even on nemesis waves I’ve seen it have some impact. And the popping sound is sweet It’s completely useless for builds that use RE just for dmg reduction, sure.
- Dropping TD means less Dying God, less Battlcries, less BoD and most importantly less MoT. I know the best way to play it is precision kiting but I’ve noticed that (at least for me) it’s good to be able keep enemies stationary for a while for better shotguns.
- I like the BH idea. I’m not sure if it warrants such an investment (29 points in there) without Blood Knight’s conversion and with this shitty dagger in main hand but it’s definitely worth testing. Pumping points to Doom Bolt was indeed a miss as I’ve been holding back on it for TD anyway and with no TD there’s no reason to use it at all. I’m wondering about Sigil of Consumption vs. Siphon Souls for sustain...

Will test all the recommendations next week. Thanks
Old 12-08-2018, 05:16 AM
Advocate

Just a bit of correction, TD will not reset your battlecry as it is a proc skill granted from item. Item skill that can be reset by TD is only item skill that can be activated manually like chaos strike, scourge strike, doom, etc.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
Old 12-08-2018, 05:31 AM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ya_ View Post
This is my first ever build that has anything to do with vitality so I donít speak with much confidence but:

- Foul Eruption is pretty good on builds dedicated to RE. It does increase general clear speed on non-nemesis waves and even on nemesis waves Iíve seen it have some impact. And the popping sound is sweet Itís completely useless for builds that use RE just for dmg reduction, sure.
- Dropping TD means less Dying God, less Battlcries, less BoD and most importantly less MoT. I know the best way to play it is precision kiting but Iíve noticed that (at least for me) itís good to be able keep enemies stationary for a while for better shotguns.
- I like the BH idea. Iím not sure if it warrants such an investment (29 points in there) without Blood Knightís conversion and with this shitty dagger in main hand but itís definitely worth testing. Pumping points to Doom Bolt was indeed a miss as Iíve been holding back on it for TD anyway and with no TD thereís no reason to use it at all. Iím wondering about Sigil of Consumption vs. Siphon Souls for sustain...

Will test all the recommendations next week. Thanks
It's just the way I would've built it, but my suggestions are just theorycraft, I might be way off there. Up to you to test it or not. The way I see it is that you don't have enough damage dealers and doom bolt without buffs from items is kind of sketchy/ineffective (plus it burns mana like crazy). Come back with new results tho!
Old 12-08-2018, 11:24 AM
Advocate

I updated op with a much faster and mainstream version of the build with some of Superfluff's and Mercymaker's suggestions. I've yet to test Mad_Lee's BH angle which also looks promising.

Tags
cabalist, dark one, ravenous earth