Old 07-20-2018, 07:03 PM
Advocate

Default New Setup For Mouse & KB

Any other old fogeys on here with tetchy wrists? Probably... I have a wonky ulnar nerve in my right arm. Gives me no end of grief in fingers, wrist, and shoulder. That's with the physical therapy, braces, etc...

Today I just got one of these in the mail - http://a.co/h80Mlvx

One of the things that really aggravates the nerve is mashing mouse buttons, and rather than invent an entirely new keyboard layout for quick bindings, I thought I'd give this a try. I will keep ya'll posted on how it goes. I'm also thinking about trying a touch-pad for the right hand, getting rid of the mouse entirely.

I might try a controller, but this was a fifth of the price...

Steam ID 'thederrick'
Old 07-22-2018, 04:17 PM
Advocate

Re mapped and working ok with 1 character so far. Still have to use the mouse with ABB because the separate hotkey is clunky - when I have it assigned to the bar. I haven't tried adding a secondary for LMB, which honestly just occured to me as I was writing this.

Steam ID 'thederrick'
Old 07-24-2018, 05:45 PM
Advocate

So far it's not bad - well, it's a definite improvement over keyboard bindings I was using. There's a little tinkering I have to do yet with the bindings (heal/energy pots, move to, etc). Most awkward are casters/ranged chars who rely on a shift+click to stand still and attack. I mapped the shift to the enter key on the pad, which is okay if a tiny bit clumsy.

Tell me about your fabulous macro enabled gaming keyboards...

Steam ID 'thederrick'
Old 08-11-2018, 12:14 AM
Initiate

Almost no limit to the amount of clever things you can do with autohotkey.

I have no functional use of my left hand basically, and a multi button mouse combined with ahk works wonders in most games.

if you can point with a mouse comfortably, you can cut down on needed mashing a lot. If mouse movement in general is an issue any devices that are easier? joystick etc.
Old 08-13-2018, 08:18 PM
Initiate

I have a gaming mouse with the buttons on the side. It just seems so smooth to change one of the side buttons to left click and use my thumb.