Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Off Topic > Rants

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old 10-23-2018, 11:04 PM
Campaigner

Part of the problem is that the couriers are often criminally under paid and usually only paid per delivery, and home delivery usually pays the worst to boot. Which creates a whole bunch of perverse incentives for couriers. From not bothering to check if anyone's home, to hiding at the end of the driveway and stealing the items they're meant to be delivering.

Had the last one happen with a steelseries headset years back. Left by the back door my fat arse.

Things that can also die in the fire - My gastric reflux. Not only did I nearly throw up thanks to it last night, but it left something hot behind my tonsils that only faded once I was in bed lying on my side trying not to cough.

Knew I should have had some baking soda water last night, which usually stops the gastric reflux from even starting in the first place.

Also it doesn't help that my stomach doesn't tell me it's full, which leads to overeating, which can cause gastric reflux...
Old 10-31-2018, 08:19 PM
Super Moderator

Winter's only just started and I have a cold. A stinking, horrible cold. Started with a scratchy sore throat on Monday, progressed to sniffles and sneezes yesterday and today it's full blown coughing along with the sniffles and sneezes. Oh, and hiccups. Why do I get hiccups when I have a cold? My ribs ache because I've been coughing so hard and I'm about to fall asleep at my PC because I didn't sleep well last night because of coughing and sore throat. So bed for me in hopes that I'm so tired I will get a good night's sleep. Cya tomorrow.
Mysterious as the dark side of the moon.
Old 10-31-2018, 11:15 PM
Campaigner

Braaaaaains.

I really need to do a new sleep study, sleep's just not refreshing and most days I'm reliant on sugar and caffeine to be mostly functional. Suspect my sleep apnea's gotten worse, though in theory I probably only need my tonsil's removed to solve it. Since they're massive from tonsillitis as a kid.

@medea - bugger, hope it passes quickly.
Old 11-01-2018, 12:53 PM
Super Moderator

Well, I feel better today The_Mess, so hopefully it'll be gone in a few days. Doesn't help that I'm getting old and am overweight and unfit. Can't do much about the old bit, but really need to work on the overweight and unfits parts.
Mysterious as the dark side of the moon.
Old 11-01-2018, 09:50 PM
Campaigner

I've found doing 20Km+ of cycling a day is good for the weight and fitness stuff :P And it's gentle on the old bastard joints, or in my case, grumpy lower back. Though don't do a me and start of off trying to do 20Km right away.

Yeap, still got sleep problems - ended up napping for 4hrs yesterday afternoon/evening and was still sleepy enough to get to sleep around 1am. But of course I ended up too hot in the morning and sweated my arse off. Also got a bloody headache, which I've hopefully taken some ibuprofen for, but can't recall, because of the sleep daze the morning sweats caused.

At least my lower back isn't complaining, yet.
Old 11-03-2018, 01:44 AM
Campaigner

Derp, had to take 1/2 a sleeping pill last night and so I'm current flat today, but at least I got 10hrs of sleep in for once. Just wish I could go for a 20Km bike ride without feeling even flatter, since summer's finally here with a nice balmy 27 degrees C outside.

Oh and as well as the belly and the feet (up from UK 8.5 to UK9/9.5) growing, my ribcage has seemingly gotten bigger. Pretty sure I used to be more closer to 110cm in circumference in my early 20's, but even if you stripped off the fat, I'd only drop down to about 130cm O_O

Fucked if I know what's going on, but the extra lung capacity is damn handy. Guess I'll have to mention it to the doctor at the next check up, just so it's easier to notice if I start growing taller. Which combined with the other stuff could be a sign of a bloody pituitary gland tumour, because life always has to be "fun".
Old 11-03-2018, 08:36 AM
Campaigner

Things I shouldn't do:

- Never, ever, not read @popehat's twitter feed for more than 2 days. Currently have more than a screen's width of civil rights, legal wank and "on-how-wrong-Cheeto-Face-is" stuff to read ;-;
Old 11-08-2018, 05:59 AM
Campaigner

I is deads.

Figured I could bike out to a river 10Km-ish away from my place for a swim and get and back before the south-westerly kicked in so I'd get only a headwind biking there and a sweet as NW tailwind on the way back.

I was wrong.

Got hammered biking into 40Km/hr+ SW headwinds, so much so I had to drop down to 2-4 gearing from my standard 3-5 just to maintain enough forward momentum. I wasn't exactly good in either, due to stuffing myself mowing the lawns on Monday.

On the plus this should nicely boost my power on the bike once I've recovered and I should be able to walk tomorrow, though I'll have all the physical stamina of a sick kitten.
Old 11-09-2018, 01:32 AM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Mess View Post
Things I shouldn't do:

- Never, ever, not read @popehat's twitter feed for more than 2 days. Currently have more than a screen's width of civil rights, legal wank and "on-how-wrong-Cheeto-Face-is" stuff to read ;-;
This is exactly why I just quit twitter completely. Too much going on, it was legitimately driving me a bit insane. I really cut down on anything that uses notifications of any sort, my life is now a lot calmer.

Twitter is of course also full of awful people, that did not help
Old 11-09-2018, 06:19 AM
Supporter

My mom is on the way to my place because there's a wildfire very close to her and she's under mandatory evacuation.

Again. For the second time in two years.