Old 11-09-2018, 04:29 AM
Counsel

Default Thoughts on Legit Item Trading

There are a variety of ways to play GD when it comes to item farming. There's fully self-found, there's self-found + trading, there's modded drop rates, there's GD Stash, and more ways than that I'm sure (maybe someone out there uses custom crafting? )
Personally I like the second option. I want to play the game as-designed, and part of the design of the game includes a multiplayer trade option. Plus I get to meet some nice people through trading.
I've heard some concerns about trading being a risk, because what's legit for one player isn't legit for another. The best example would be modded drop rates - some people using these would consider their items to be legit, while many would consider these items as not legit.
But I'm here to make a differing viewpoint to the "legit vs non-legit" argument. What's the difference between one modded droprate person and two non-modded droprate people? If the community were larger, there would be a higher chance of finding someone with the item you're looking for. As it is, it's a pretty small community of traders, so if a few of them use modded droprate, it's like the community is a little bigger, no different. The end result is the same: you found a person who got their items in a legit (to them) way, and traded an item or mats for it. Unless you feel like you have made a large personal contribution to the size of the community, I say it doesn't make a difference how the person trading you an item farmed their item, as long as they believe it was farmed legitimately.

Post Script:
Spoiler!

Last edited by Dlesar; 11-09-2018 at 04:46 AM.
Old 11-09-2018, 05:21 AM
Praetorian

You can spin that further to ‘if the community were even larger than that, I could easily get any item in a trade’ and justify creating an item in GDStash that way.

I don’t really care whether you do or not, just wanted to point out that your justification stands on slippery ground...
Old 11-09-2018, 06:16 AM
Emissary

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamba View Post
You can spin that further to ‘if the community were even larger than that, I could easily get any item in a trade’ and justify creating an item in GDStash that way.

I don’t really care whether you do or not, just wanted to point out that your justification stands on slippery ground...
"I don´t like cheating, but ..."
Oh give me a break.
@ Dlesar: Your post is pointless. other than your half assed justification.

Old 11-09-2018, 08:30 AM
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlesar View Post
What's the difference between one modded droprate person and two non-modded droprate people?
Well, maybe i can only talk for myself, but in my Viewpoint, the Reason why Trading is attractive is due i exchange one thing with the value of another piece. Of course an Item-Value not only come from how good / rare the piece itself is, but als what i want / need... so sometimes (in other Games) you trade things which worth more than you get, BUT you get an item which you want / need instead which might not worth the exact same.

However in general a huge of Worth / Value of an Item comes from it's ingame Rarity plus the work a player spents on it(or atleast get it under the same circumstances / rule as any other player out there). And that's why it does makes an difference, if i trade with someone who don't put the same work / passion into the Game to get these Items and devalue items rarity by modded dropchances.
So no:
Quote:
If the community were larger, there would be a higher chance of finding someone with the item you're looking for.
^ This Argument isn't good. Even if we have a larger Community, the rarity, and value of the Items be the same, due they did put as much work / effort / passion into getting this as other "legit" "vanilla" players... you simply have more chances to trade... and you shouldn't forget that these people look for an certain piece themself which than again limits the accessibilty itself. So no, even with an huge playerbase it will be never the same as if you use Grim Stash where you can get every piece of item with absolutely no effort...(i mean again - the things you trade you put also effort into it for yourself soooo)

Last edited by LightningYu; 11-09-2018 at 08:35 AM.
Old 11-09-2018, 09:23 AM
Herald

Quote:
The end result is the same: you found a person who got their items in a legit (to them) way,
This statement made me lol.

I don't trade because I don't want to risk receiving an item that isn't legitimate, period. If I wanted to give myself specific items I wouldn't trade either because there are plenty of programs that already offer this. I feel your entire post is a complete waste of time.
Old 11-09-2018, 09:56 AM
Herald

Legit means: playing the game out of the box, items that are found in the game as it is, no duping and backing up stuff.
Old 11-09-2018, 10:45 AM
Supporter

Quote:
But I'm here to make a differing viewpoint to the "legit vs non-legit" argument. What's the difference between one modded droprate person and two non-modded droprate people? If the community were larger, there would be a higher chance of finding someone with the item you're looking for. As it is, it's a pretty small community of traders, so if a few of them use modded droprate, it's like the community is a little bigger, no different. The end result is the same: you found a person who got their items in a legit (to them) way, and traded an item or mats for it. Unless you feel like you have made a large personal contribution to the size of the community, I say it doesn't make a difference how the person trading you an item farmed their item, as long as they believe it was farmed legitimately.
Legit and non-legit have very specific straightforward meanings. Modded drop rates are clearly not legit and so trading with modded drop rates persons is also not strictly legit. Personally I hold a similar view to you, it's not that bad as long as you pay a fair price for the item. The community is small and you may otherwise have to wait a long time to be able to purchase coveted items like mythical peerless eye of beronath. The only difference between the strictly legit person and me is that the former has to wait longer before being able to purchase an item via trading. Problems only arise if the price asked for is not fair (because the seller uses modded drop rates and may not care all that much).
Old 11-09-2018, 11:33 AM
Supporter

Quote:
But I'm here to make a differing viewpoint to the "legit vs non-legit" argument. What's the difference between one modded droprate person and two non-modded droprate people? If the community were larger, there would be a higher chance of finding someone with the item you're looking for. As it is, it's a pretty small community of traders, so if a few of them use modded droprate, it's like the community is a little bigger, no different. The end result is the same: you found a person who got their items in a legit (to them) way, and traded an item or mats for it.
You're argument is nonsensical. In a larger community demand for items is also larger. Using a modded droprate increases supply in a non legit way.
Old 11-09-2018, 12:21 PM
Supporter

IMO, trading in this kind of games is cheating, I don't like and don't use it.
Kills the fun
Old 11-09-2018, 01:03 PM
Apostle

There's a whole thread on the cheating thing: HEXED: Why it bothers you. It's closed now, but there's lots to read for those that want to re-hash the past.