Old 11-09-2018, 03:46 AM
Supporter

Default Vit build, can't beat Glad

my damage is decent, but eventually something one shots me. most recently it was the poison dude from wave 89. it's frustrating becomes it's always out of nowhere, it's going well then BOOM ROASTED. this game needs a death log.

Am I just a shit pilot, or is there some flaw in my build that I am missing?

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/mN48XPyN
Old 11-09-2018, 03:58 AM
Counsel

The problem I always have with vitality builds is the OA/DA and it looks like yours is no exception. I'd suggest keeping an eye out for Thunderstruck boots, so you can replace your ring/medal augments with Survivor's Ingenuity (devil's crossing).
If you're lucky enough to find Mythical Greaves of Ill Omens those would be really good. But it looks like you're playing self-found no trading, so I'd say just look for thunderstruck boots.
And try to find other ways to increase your OA/DA. I think you're just getting crit. Look at the mutators and see if you're dying on the +75% crit damage rounds.

Last edited by Dlesar; 11-09-2018 at 04:01 AM.
Old 11-09-2018, 04:14 AM
Counsel

Faction gear builds aka beginner builds usually can't beat gladiator no matter how well you pilot. I'd farm for Dark One set if I were you. Since it can be target farmed it's easier to obtain than a regular set for someone who plays self-found.

Also, it seems you missed out on a few quests during your walkthrough. Specifically, the quest to kill a big harpy right after you exit Arkovia and Hidden Path quest on all three difficulties as well as The Other You quest on Ultimate. You're missing the exact number of attribute and skill points that those quests grant.
Old 11-09-2018, 04:15 AM
Lord Advocate

farm challenger and get better gear. Your OA and DA are really low for Gladiator.
Old 11-09-2018, 04:32 AM
Counsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ya_ View Post
Also, it seems you missed out on a few quests during your walkthrough. Specifically, the quest to kill a big harpy right after you exit Arkovia and Hidden Path quest on all three difficulties as well as The Other You quest on Ultimate. You're missing the exact number of attribute and skill points that those quests grant.
It's also the number of attribute and skill points that the secret quest line grants. Given that he hasn't already farmed the dark one set, I'd bet he hasn't done any secret quest line yet.
Old 11-09-2018, 04:32 AM
Champion

You need at least ~2900-3000 DA on a caster to beat Crucible Gladiator. I would recommend farming Main Campaign or Crucible Challenger for better gear and components. Blue gear with low level components just won't cut it I am afraid.

Your build is all over the place too. Respec to pure caster, swinging your weapon with an auto-attack is a bad idea - you don't have any stats to go melee and even with WPS you won't do any damage.

Here is a quick draft I made - didn't touch your gear and components because I don't know what you have and what you don't. But note a different skill and devotion setup. Also note Ravager's Eye augment on weapon/shield (you need Revered with Barrowholm to get them). Ring augments need to be changed to Survivor's Ingenuity from Devil's Crossing, for that you need to get boots with stun resist. I would recommend gunning for Mythical Greaves of Ill Omens.
Old 11-09-2018, 05:14 AM
Herald

level 100 and 2200 OA, 2000 DA is just bad. You can't crit majority of enemies, they can crit you whenever they want. Your OA/DA is on level 80-ish. If you won't fix that, you'll never be resistant, as your DA defines how much crit chance enemies have. You may have 80 resists, but if you take 20% of the actual damage your enemies deal, and they crit, you effectively have only 60% resists, which is bad.

I don't play Crucible.
Old 11-09-2018, 05:25 AM
Supporter

thanks all. bottom line: get more DA

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad_lee View Post
You need at least ~2900-3000 DA on a caster to beat Crucible Gladiator. I would recommend farming Main Campaign or Crucible Challenger for better gear and components. Blue gear with low level components just won't cut it I am afraid.

Your build is all over the place too. Respec to pure caster, swinging your weapon with an auto-attack is a bad idea - you don't have any stats to go melee and even with WPS you won't do any damage.

Here is a quick draft I made - didn't touch your gear and components because I don't know what you have and what you don't. But note a different skill and devotion setup. Also note Ravager's Eye augment on weapon/shield (you need Revered with Barrowholm to get them). Ring augments need to be changed to Survivor's Ingenuity from Devil's Crossing, for that you need to get boots with stun resist. I would recommend gunning for Mythical Greaves of Ill Omens.
thanks I will try that. I was always resistant to ravenous earth, dunno why. I also see you replaced the necro exclusive for the occultist one, is the damage absorption better than the life steal?
Old 11-09-2018, 05:35 AM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by robby_stark View Post
thanks all. bottom line: get more DA

thanks I will try that. I was always resistant to ravenous earth, dunno why. I also see you replaced the necro exclusive for the occultist one, is the damage absorption better than the life steal?
For a caster - infinitely better. Your only weapon damage attack is Bone Harvest and it has pretty long cooldown (get caster's off-hand by the way), ADCtH only works with weapon damage. So ADCtH from Harbinger is almost useless. Casting speed is almost useless since you are not spamming anything. Damage absorption and skill distruption are ten times better here.

Ravenous Earth is a super strong spell. It's modifier reduced incoming damage by 25% - which is pretty huge as well. Can't go around on a vita caster.
Old 11-09-2018, 11:01 AM
Herald

Life steal in shield wont work. And get rid of Reap Spirit. Helm is crap, its like a level 40 item. Mythical eyes of the reaper is better. Try to get to Dying god in the devotion, it will give you more OA. Once you get boots (or a ring) with stun resistance, get Survivors ingenuity augments for ring and amulet. You do not have augments in weapon and shield, get Ravager's eye.

If you want to stick with Bone Harvest, get a good Spectral Warmaul, you can buy those at the Step of Torment dude. Get something with vit dmg and OA.

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/1NXzGbLV

should be much better, ring and boots can be shopped for