Old 10-20-2018, 08:36 AM
Praetorian

Default [Spoiler] Barrowholm Scorv Hidden Dialogue

So my biggest pet peeve with Barrowholm was that you couldn't call them out as cannibals early. I have complained about this a few times but recently I did so in a private channel with the playtesters and Zantai on the Discord Server and he was like "You didn't find all the clues." I basically replied "Wait, what?" And then I was told that you can actually do this. I looked online and some other players apparently already knew about this but this hidden dialogue eluded me until I was told it was there. The bottom of this post has the guide.

You can do this before you talk to him about the witches' totem or start any Barrowholm related quest. In fact I think allying with them or going hostile may lock you out of this dialogue (unsure, haven't tested that) so make sure to do these steps before hand.

Essentially there are 3 clues in Barrowholm and for each one you get unique dialogue with Scorv starting with "Something feels off about this place." He makes an excuse for each clue, but once you find all three the dialogue transforms into something new so per run you'll only be able to see 2/3 excuses.

Here is an imgur guide to the clues and their location: https://imgur.com/a/wwW4fUD

It still bothers me that you can't outright call him a cannibal but this will do for now.

Outcome spoiler!!!! (It's not exciting actually) :
It effectively makes no difference. You just get to become friendly or hostile to Barrowholm as usual. It's just extra dialogue hence the title of this thread.

# of level 100 characters I have atm: 73

Last edited by adoomgod; 10-22-2018 at 06:37 PM.
Old 10-20-2018, 08:48 AM
Praetorian

Nice find and cheers for posting
Old 10-20-2018, 09:07 AM
Praetorian

Wow, I had no idea you could get a different outcome, if you go and check the cellar first... that's pretty cool, but somewhat every unlikely for a good portion of the players to find it out without someone else showing them, or if they're lucky to randomly head to the cellar first.

-Lokkar, master of the Crucible

"Stand still so I can—Feel my wrath!"

-Warden Krieg
Old 10-20-2018, 11:20 AM
Praetorian

If it isn't clear in the OP post, I did not spoil what new dialogue you get. Just proved it is there. I want to let other players discover it for themselves. Though if others want to post it in this thread that's fine.

# of level 100 characters I have atm: 73
Old 10-20-2018, 12:33 PM
Praetorian

...wait, what?! Lol, I knew something was off about this, but I've never found Aurin's recipe
Old 10-20-2018, 12:56 PM
Praetorian

I didn't knew about the one about going to the cellar door and hear screaming. Gonna get all three clues with my latest character.
Old 10-21-2018, 12:09 AM
Initiate

You know what's weird? On my first character, I actually got the first excuse dialogue option, found the two other clues while messing around trying to decide what to do, and ended up accusing Scorv while thinking nothing of it because it doesn't change the outcome. I was searching around Barrowholm so I could see if there was a hidden bonus for players who take the time to explore before making a decision. I guess the hidden bonus was the dialogue itself.