Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Guides and Tutorials

Old 06-05-2017, 02:13 AM
Speaker

Ultimate has been added! It's... sadly not finished. I have work tomorrow so I can't finish all of it tonight, gotta' add all the images and colors and fancy stuff! Hopefully I can finish it up tomorrow.
Old 06-05-2017, 04:15 PM
Initiate

Holy F*cking crap this is huge lol. You obviously put a sht ton of work into this. It's nice...and rare...to see a game that has such a good community, and awesome devs too. Thanks man..props
Old 06-06-2017, 11:16 PM
Initiate

Very detailed guide! I will definitely use this for my new hardcore guy. Thanks.
Old 06-07-2017, 03:26 AM
Speaker

Updated the formatting to make it easier to read and added a few user suggestions and reworded a few paragraphs to hold more detailed info and less jumbled sentences...

I wanted to add a lot more / revise a lot more tonight, but work isn't letting up on me! I promise to get this whole thing done by this weekend haha. Once again, I thank everyone for their support and suggestions! I put a Thank You section in the OP for you all!
Old 06-10-2017, 10:15 PM
Speaker

Updated once again! Bastion of Chaos has been added! I even added a few more sections here and there and fixed the last bit of formatting.

I will be updating The Hidden Path tonight or tomorrow! Port Valbury will have to wait until I do another run or two of it this weekend. I really hate that place but I will make sure I know what I'm talking about before I put it into words.
Old 06-10-2017, 11:02 PM
Praetorian

+10 - Excellent guide. Well written and formatted, chock full of common sense advice (for the noobs). Some of it even a no-brainer for SC.

I had long planned on one day writing an in-depth guide of some sort but never could muster the willpower. Good job, ForgottenKane.
Old 06-10-2017, 11:18 PM
Acolyte

Very nice and just in time as we are about to reach the end of act 4 for the first time!

Thanks for the effort put into this guide, from Fellowship of Three!
Old 06-10-2017, 11:48 PM
Speaker

Just finished up The Hidden Path! I made a last-minute decision to cut out all the parts about finding it since that's kind of the point of the quest and the magic of it. Just added all the parts you need to know to survive. I really, really enjoyed The Hidden Path the first time I did it and I didn't want to ruin that for other people.

Also, @powbam and @silk, thank you!
Old 06-11-2017, 04:22 AM
Supporter

This is a really good guide. Well done.

For boss fights, it might be worth mentioning Ungoliax , the Gloomweaver (Forgotten Basin). She's a kill quest and next to a shrine in vet normal, plus she has a DOT that can catch a newer player off guard (at least if she's at range).

As one more boss fight of note, the Outcast can surprise a hardcore character.

Non-obvious but potentially useful tips ...

Benevald and Isaiah Redden are very useful sources of components for players, with Isaiah also being useful for ointments and Benevald also useful for amulets / medals / ... At least for a first run through, they are excellent resources.

Very few new players will randomly find Benevald, so it might be particularly useful to mention him.

It might also be worth mentioning that armor absorption is sneaky good for characters with good armor totals, with one or two completed scaled hides being an effective way of making armor do more for your character.

Finally, the oft-repeated principle of finding "two % RR sources + 1 flat RR source" for elite+ might be worth mentioning.

I guess you need to cut this off at some point, though, and refer to others' resources to keep the length under control.
Old 06-16-2017, 03:07 AM
Supporter

Insanely great guide, I appreciate it a lot! Hopefully you'll continue to update it. I didn't even know there was a maphack mod thing lol, why isn't it updated anymore?

Tags
guide, hardcore, hardcore players, ultimate, ultimate viable