Old 10-12-2017, 11:01 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenLim View Post
New player here. Tool looks absolutely amazing.
I haven't tried and honestly have no clue where to start.
I see 64bit Java VM.

Is there a guide or tutorial on starting this?
Also save game must be moved from steam cloud to local, correct?

Thanks.
the doc folder contains some info, look at how to set up the tool, that contains a link to a Java download

Local save is recommended. See the faq for issues with cloud save and how to avoid them (do not have GD running when changing char or stash, which is very inconvenient)
Old 10-12-2017, 11:03 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madnesis View Post
I did some wrong manipulation so I removed items form DB that I didn't save in the stash. Any way I can recover those back? Missing items are not in the last export I did. Thanks.
no, those are truly gone. The closest thing is to create new ones on the Crafting page
Old 10-13-2017, 12:30 AM
Speaker

I am indeed on the crafting page. If I put in legendary axe above lvl 70, I only get three axes at 75, for instance.

The warnings I get when I open the program (not import, just open), of which there are four, are three warnings about an item not being found (2x waists, and an axe) then a general warning about some items do not exist and are not displayed.
Old 10-13-2017, 12:33 AM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ensgnblack View Post
I am indeed on the crafting page. If I put in legendary axe above lvl 70, I only get three axes at 75, for instance.

The warnings I get when I open the program (not import, just open), of which there are four, are three warnings about an item not being found (2x waists, and an axe) then a general warning about some items do not exist and are not displayed.
that does sound like the expansion data has not been imported yet, no idea why it would not be however, unless you use an old version of GD Stash
Old 10-13-2017, 12:35 AM
Speaker

1.1.8 according to the application itself.

In a related note, in case this gives more relevant info, I can select my Cabalist from the character editor page, but it reads as "??" class. It will let me manipulate the char, but it cannot read the class, so it seems the problem lies in expansion data there too.

I tried a reinstall, and deleting the db folder already. Could this be a java issue?
Old 10-13-2017, 01:24 AM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ensgnblack View Post
1.1.8 according to the application itself.
interesting, then the only option is that you do not have the expansion installed

Quote:
In a related note, in case this gives more relevant info, I can select my Cabalist from the character editor page, but it reads as "??" class. It will let me manipulate the char, but it cannot read the class, so it seems the problem lies in expansion data there too.
yes, that is related, my Cabalist shows up with the proper class name

Quote:
I tried a reinstall, and deleting the db folder already. Could this be a java issue?
no, this is not a Java issue. It looks like GD Stash does not recognize that you have the expansion installed.

To confirm this, do you see the following buttons in the top right of the Im/Export page ?

In the char editor, do you see the expansion rift gates and shrines or does it stop at act 4 ?

I assume it stops at act 4 there too and that you do not see those buttons. At least that would be consistent behavior.

Did you restart the tool after installing the expansion ? It now checks on startup if you have the expansion installed and shows additional info (like the one above) if you do.

If you started the tool before the expansion was installed, simply exit it and try again. You now should see the above info and be able to import the expansion data. This seems to be far fetched though.

What dir is GD installed in (as specified on the Config page) ? Do you have the following subdir and file underneath it gdx1\database\GDX1.arz (exact upper/lowercase match) ?
Old 10-13-2017, 03:00 AM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamba View Post
the database gets updated when you import the GD data, it does not come with the tool.

Make sure to at least be on version 1.1.7c (I believe) or above. As the expansion data is in a separate file older versions will ignore it.
i just got the game and im level 1 but i cant find my save directory
all i have is mygames> grimdawn> and there's screenshots, settings, and 2 log files
Old 10-13-2017, 03:04 AM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkshinra View Post
i just got the game and im level 1 but i cant find my save directory
all i have is mygames> grimdawn> and there's screenshots, settings, and 2 log files
Sounds like you are using cloud save, which I do not recommend with the tool (see faq).

In essence you have no problems storing files but when you retrieve them / change the save files while using cloud save, GD frequently uses the cloud save over the local files GD Stash changed. The only way to avoid this is to not have GD running while making those changes, which to me is a nuisance.

Either disable cloud save, otherwise your saves will be in

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\<folder of numbers>\219990\remote\save
Old 10-13-2017, 07:12 AM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamba View Post
no, those are truly gone. The closest thing is to create new ones on the Crafting page
Ok, that's fine. Thanks for your reply!
Old 10-13-2017, 05:57 PM
Praetorian

It's not in the map (why do you have a map there?) It should be MyGames/Grim Dawn/save. If the folder doesn't exist create it by choosing new folder in MyGames/Grim Dawn and naming it save.