Old 10-12-2017, 08:21 AM
Counsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by eLPuSHeR View Post
The game runs a lot faster now for my pc but I have also noticed that everything seems to be a lot smoother/blurrer, which I am not sure whether I like it or not.
same here. it seems they added dynamic resolution like poE added for big effects. but here mobs just dont look focused, a bit weird
Old 10-12-2017, 09:23 AM
Acolyte

I have recently started playing GD and am lvl 60 with my first char. Should I get the expansion and just keep playing as usual, or would it make more sense to "complete" this character first and then get the expansion?

Will the expansion mainly add late/end game content?
Old 10-12-2017, 09:44 AM
Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by zumzum View Post
I have recently started playing GD and am lvl 60 with my first char. Should I get the expansion and just keep playing as usual, or would it make more sense to "complete" this character first and then get the expansion?

expansion is mainly focused on late content..an icing on the cake, if you will... so it's really up to you.. but whatever you do make sure to grab that malmouth copy.. Now if you can!
Old 10-12-2017, 09:53 AM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zumzum View Post

You can do it either way. If your toon is in Elite for example I think you can unlock the expansion when you kill Logherrean on that difficulty or you could to back to Normal difficulty, talk to Inquisitor Creed at Fort Ikon and do the expansion in Normal. If this is your first toon it might be better to go back to Normal and do the expansion there since that will give you the chance to see what it consists of with an overlevelled toon for that difficulty. I took my L64 Conjurer back into Normal for playtesting the expansion since it was the only one I had that was far enough along to test the new areas. Even overlevelled it won't be a cakewalk and you'll find even more loot.
Old 10-12-2017, 10:07 AM
Acolyte

Yep, I'm in Elite atm. Thanks for your feedback guys!
Old 10-12-2017, 01:15 PM
Speaker

Holy FPS batman! Thanks Crate
Old 10-12-2017, 04:40 PM
Initiate

I have lower fps. Dx9 give me ~30, Dx11 ~10. It's unplayable :/
My spec laptop is: amd apu a8 (R5/R7 graphics)
Old 10-12-2017, 06:30 PM
Supporter

Well.. Too many freezes to be playable yet.
Since yesterday, I read everything about performance drop with 1.0.2.0 version and try every trick to improve it. But without success.
Lower the many graphic options? Nada. It's ugly and dark ( because the gamma slider is out of order )
Good for those who can enjoy it, anyway. I'm not ready to go to Malmouth yet ..
And yet, I LOVE Grim Dawn (+ 1600 hours of play to the counter).
(sob)
Old 10-12-2017, 11:26 PM
Apostle

Just wanted to say great job on the expac you guys. I did experience some performance issues in the new areas. Specifically Ugdenbog (not Gloomwald), Mourndale

But oddly enough things were smooth when the screen was cluttered with enemies in the Malmouth areas and Gloomwald areas. Only Ugdenbog and Mourndale had performance drops. Massive lags, not just regular performance drops

--------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram View Post
Diablo II: RoT Mod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Van Houck View Post
Nydiamar Mod

Last edited by Chthon; 10-12-2017 at 11:31 PM.
Old 10-13-2017, 05:34 PM
Initiate

i Wonder me, so many people have fps problems, but on my system since 1.0.2.0 (gtx 1080, i5 6600k@4,5ghz and 16gm memory) my fps has huge increased, but i play not the new areas im currently lvl 30^^ (i play a new char)
Closed Thread