Old 04-07-2017, 03:27 AM
Counsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by medea fleecestealer View Post
How would that solve anything? Crucible is separate from the main game so a riftgate wouldn't work in the first place and even if you could rift into the main game it wouldn't put you any nearer to those two places.
Whoever install the crucible DLC get 2 extra rift gates in their vanilla game, not sure what you are talking about

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyGandalf View Post
Not to mention that a Tyrant's Hold gate would encourage save scumming with the smith there.
You mean cheating? If they cheat then they will do it without the rift gate anyway.
Old 04-07-2017, 03:29 AM
Campaigner

It's not cheating, it's abusing the system. There's a difference and any lawyer could tell you that.
Old 04-07-2017, 09:09 AM
Counsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyr View Post
It's not cheating, it's abusing the system. There's a difference and any lawyer could tell you that.
My point is that it's the same whether or not the rift gate is there. People can just save up a big amount of material then go to the blacksmith for a crafting spree. If they are not happy with it they restore the save and do it again. Exploit abusers will exploit regardless
Old 04-07-2017, 01:16 PM
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by thailehuy View Post
My point is that it's the same whether or not the rift gate is there. People can just save up a big amount of material then go to the blacksmith for a crafting spree. If they are not happy with it they restore the save and do it again. Exploit abusers will exploit regardless
But a rift gate there would make it much less time consuming thus more efficient so people would have more incentive to do it.

Other than that there's really nothing to farm there (exept maybe ember/stone groble off-hands but i yet to think of a build that absolutely needs one ) so practically the only thing a Tyrant's Hold gate would do is to make abusing exploits easier. So i can somewhat understand the lack of it from a developer's point of view.

I personally wouldn't mind either way i just tried to give a possible explanation on why there's no gate in T.H. .
I might be wrong anyway.
Old 04-08-2017, 06:08 AM
Campaigner

Actually I think it's the reverse, the devs put the legendary crafter in there specifically to discourage wide-scale exploitation (because it's so far away from the nearest Rift Gate) while leaving the option open for people who reaaaallly want those legendaries.

Thing is the devs aren't so much a stickler for the rules as people might think, and they seem to believe people who find some way to exploit game mechanics in a creative way should be free to do so (within reason, I suppose).
That much is clear from dev comments.

Last edited by Tyr; 04-08-2017 at 08:29 PM.
Old 04-21-2017, 12:20 PM
Acolyte

More riftgates to Burrwitch Village and Act 2 please.
Old 04-30-2017, 03:31 AM
Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by thailehuy View Post
I feel the exact same way about SoT.
Old 08-15-2017, 04:03 PM
Initiate

Definitely good as it is.
Closed Thread

Tags
maps, portals