Old Today, 07:19 AM
Campaigner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganishka View Post
This is a sick mod! BUT can you delete the GD classes to make it a bit closer to the original? I mean they don't belong there.
I made a poll sometime ago on this topic (http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77620).

D2 classes still need work before I can consider them finished so right now, leaving GD masteries out is not an option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KmljKaljich View Post
Actually, two classes are too much too because of the lvl cap (60 now?), every lvl only 2 skill points, and leveling is very slow. Even on low levels.
2 skill points are gained only till level 30. After that you get 3 points and max level is 100. Leveling is in OK place at this point as you can reach around lvl 35-39 after defeating Diablo on Normal diff and Nightmare starts at lvl 36, so you can continue without having to grind xp in Normal.
Old Today, 02:51 PM
Initiate

Hi, just recently started playing GD after a failed attempt to get glide working on D2 again. Found this mod in the forums, and saw your posts about act 4 about to be released. Couple quick questions.

If I install this mod will I lose all the unmodded GD characters I have?
If so is there a way to store them in a different file to try the mod?

And I saw a few posts saying act 4 was to be released this month (kinda what I was waiting for to try it out) and haven't been able to find out if its acctually out yet. Is act 4 out now? Is there a news feed that would mention such things?

It looks pretty sweet and that youve done a fantastic job so far. Unbelievable that it could get that close to D2 with another engine. I just recently saw the SC2 mod thats a D2 sim. Kinda puzzling when theres this much demand for D2 that Blizzard doesn't take up on the cash cow it is (I mean who had only 1 copy of D2? No one I know. I probably had 4 or 5 copies myself over the years). Not that I wouldn't expect to ruin it if they did remaster it... Blizzard hasn't done anything right since Frozen Throne. I had talked to a Blizzard tech on the phone a little while ago and he said he heard D2 was a pretty good game but never played it. I suspect this is why Blizz has gone down the drain. The old game designers are all good and now theres a bunch of 20 year olds who have only ever played D3 *insert yacking emoji here* .
Old Today, 03:20 PM
Campaigner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverMorbid View Post
Hi, just recently started playing GD after a failed attempt to get glide working on D2 again. Found this mod in the forums, and saw your posts about act 4 about to be released. Couple quick questions.
Mods are using different characters than GD Main Campaign so you don't have to worry about losing your GD progress. But if you need to backup your save files then first you need to disable Cloud Saving in game options and after that you can go to your:

C:\Users\*username*\Documents\My Games\Grim Dawn\save\main\*character_name* (for GD Main campaign saves)

C:\Users\*username*\Documents\My Games\Grim Dawn\save\user\*character_name* (for modded game saves)

There is also a way to use your GD main campaign chars in modded games.
More on this topic here: http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37906

Act 4 is currently being tested by few volunteers, link is distributed on RoT discord channel where I also post development updates more frequently than here so I recommend to join it if you want to have up to date info. Discord link is on the first page.

Last edited by Ram; Today at 03:23 PM.

Tags
diablo 2, map, mod