Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Classes, Skills and Builds

Old 08-22-2017, 07:38 AM
Counsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serimert View Post
Raging tempest is useless in this build. Since it only affects main spell ( not maelstorm) you would rarely see the benefit. Good call for not using.

You could use Stonehide bysmiel sect legguards of menhir's wall/ nature bounty for leggings.
Why all the hate on Raging Tempest? Watch what Wind devil does. It does not just find one enemy and sit stationary. In a large mob it bounces around from enemy to enemy. It seeks out the nearest enemy not recently affected by the slow and reduction. If all enemies are affected it will start to return to you but as soon as the effect starts to wear off it seeks that enemy again. It will hit every enemy several times in its 12 second lifespan all the while zapping them with maelstrom and applying a sizable DOT. And, the cooldown is much shorter than the duration allowing you to have three of them active at any moment. Everybody is getting multiple seconds of resist reduction.

Now EB hits all enemies and the reduction lasts two seconds but the skill it's self has a duration of 1.5 seconds. So at most you get ONE two second reduction per proc, with no guarantee it will proc again for several seconds, maybe it will, maybe not.

But i guarantee you this, if you sit down and average out the times the two skills are active and reducing resists, you will find they are practically identical, both in average length of time the mob has a reduced resistance, and the damage it does, only one is balanced for a Lightning/Electrocute build, and the other for a Tri-Elemental build. If you want to maximize your resist reduction, take both, and on average there will never be a moment when they are not in a reduced resistance state.

Last edited by wwtchhntr; 08-22-2017 at 07:47 AM.
Old 08-22-2017, 10:22 AM
Emissary

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwtchhntr View Post
I did i just didn't understand. More specifically, what is that awesome lightning ray of death you are shooting out of your face and what item gives it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck_King View Post
It's "Obliteration" which is granted from Tome of the Arcane Wastes
https://gracefuldusk.appspot.com/ite...-Arcane-Wastes
Like Duck_King said.
Actually I already post/update it on the "Forgotten Obliteration" section on the first post.
Perhaps you read the unrefreshed page before
Old 08-22-2017, 10:36 AM
Emissary

Quote:
Raging tempest is useless in this build. Since it only affects main spell ( not maelstorm) you would rarely see the benefit. Good call for not using.

You could use Stonehide bysmiel sect legguards of menhir's wall/ nature bounty for leggings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwtchhntr View Post
Why all the hate on Raging Tempest? Watch what Wind devil does. It does not just find one enemy and sit stationary. In a large mob it bounces around from enemy to enemy. It seeks out the nearest enemy not recently affected by the slow and reduction. If all enemies are affected it will start to return to you but as soon as the effect starts to wear off it seeks that enemy again. It will hit every enemy several times in its 12 second lifespan all the while zapping them with maelstrom and applying a sizable DOT. And, the cooldown is much shorter than the duration allowing you to have three of them active at any moment. Everybody is getting multiple seconds of resist reduction.

Now EB hits all enemies and the reduction lasts two seconds but the skill it's self has a duration of 1.5 seconds. So at most you get ONE two second reduction per proc, with no guarantee it will proc again for several seconds, maybe it will, maybe not.

But i guarantee you this, if you sit down and average out the times the two skills are active and reducing resists, you will find they are practically identical, both in average length of time the mob has a reduced resistance, and the damage it does, only one is balanced for a Lightning/Electrocute build, and the other for a Tri-Elemental build. If you want to maximize your resist reduction, take both, and on average there will never be a moment when they are not in a reduced resistance state.
Well this is an anti mainstream idea of mine
As long as it works, it's good. You don't have to agree with me.
Wind Devil is moving, while Elemental Storm static in one place.
They sometimes have different position --> Check here just to make you sure
They have different duration (also remember, ES procs on attack, it needs skills that triggered it first)
Flat RR duration also different.
Raging Tempest can Slow target, could be as CC Skills (OFF is better).
Since I only put less skills in Raging Tempest, Elemental Storm flat RR will applied if they hit same enemies (My ES Flat RR is higher)
But they tend to hit different enemies. Wind Devil is an AI. It's life... moving... and need to be fed with Aetherials, Chthonians, Cronley's Gang, and other enemies of Cairn
About "Why all the hate on Raging Tempest?" I already include it on "Wind Devil - Raging Tempest cons section"

About "Stonehide bysmiel sect legguards of menhir's wall/ nature bounty for leggings", I simply don't have it.
My "Stonehide" version only crafted boots from Fort Ikon Blacksmith.
Even my LD Helm was made by a friend with my own mats + iron bits.

I use Wraithborne Legwraps for it's nice OA bonus.
Druid tend to have high Crit Damage, thanks to Stormcaller's Pact and Elemental Balance. So I need good enough (High) OA

Last edited by TZ Tz; 08-22-2017 at 11:00 AM.
Old 08-22-2017, 11:51 AM
Emissary

Quote:
Originally Posted by TZ Tz View Post
Druid tend to have high Crit Damage, thanks to Stormcaller's Pact and Elemental Balance. So I need good enough (High) OA
What is your around crit chance in ultimate dungeons with 2740 oa?
I aim 2500 and i wonder if it will be enough or not.
Old 08-22-2017, 01:59 PM
Champion

Quote:
It of course depends on what you're hitting, but it will be somewhere in the 20% to 30% range for trash and 15% to 20% on bosses (with 2.7k).
Old 08-23-2017, 03:02 AM
Emissary

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avyctes View Post
It of course depends on what you're hitting, but it will be somewhere in the 20% to 30% range for trash and 15% to 20% on bosses (with 2.7k).
Yes like Avyctes said, depends on the target :

Note, on Boris it's with 3K OA

~
Old 08-23-2017, 06:38 AM
Champion

That's a fun caster build, well done, props for utilizing Obliteration.

Although I did steal "Something Something Rises" build name first when I made my druid build
Old 08-23-2017, 09:46 AM
Emissary

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad_lee View Post
That's a fun caster build, well done, props for utilizing Obliteration.

Although I did steal "Something Something Rises" build name first when I made my druid build

Your build title is so inspirating...
Thanks to you
Old 08-30-2017, 09:25 AM
Supporter

Hey Tz Tz!

Good work it was a while since i was here. My frist char was druid and lots of people liked it, despite the fact it has some problems. Sometimes i though i started the druid hype thing, cuase i havent seen any druid build in that time.

Since i havnt played that much i am interested in ur build. I really like cold based build.

I have few questions for u:

Why dont u pick up conjurer or warlock wich has the fabric debuff?

(So i am thinking to make a build on conjurer, cause i want to use the fabric that can stack with the widow.)

Is there any better weop then the spark staff if i dotn want to use cold dmg?
Old 11-22-2017, 12:02 PM
Emissary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nandi View Post
Hey Tz Tz!

Good work it was a while since i was here. My frist char was druid and lots of people liked it, despite the fact it has some problems. Sometimes i though i started the druid hype thing, cuase i havent seen any druid build in that time.

Since i havnt played that much i am interested in ur build. I really like cold based build.

I have few questions for u:

Why dont u pick up conjurer or warlock wich has the fabric debuff?

(So i am thinking to make a build on conjurer, cause i want to use the fabric that can stack with the widow.)

Is there any better weop then the spark staff if i dotn want to use cold dmg?
Hi Nandi,

I'm very sorry for very late answer.
You'll see Conjurer on this thread :
http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63807

And Warlock on this one :
http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55753

Cheers

Tags
caster, druid, lightning, obliteration, storm