Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Community Section > Translations

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old 08-09-2017, 09:34 PM
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zantai View Post
Is that something the translation community still needs or have you guys mostly pieced it together at this point?
Guys from Japanese section works as fast as possible to share changed files last 2 updates. But official files always more reliable.

Actual game version in uploader will avoid misunderstandings when updating translation by players.

Moreover, I did not receive any answer from Rhis. Is he alive?
Old 08-09-2017, 10:11 PM
Emissary

Quote:
I would like to get the expansion texts out to you ahead of the release, with the obvious caveat that it would include huge spoilers.

How much ahead of the expansion though, I cannot say, as the text is very much still in flux.
Thanks a lot! We are so looking forward to it.

Quote:
As for 1.0.1.1 texts, I realize it's been a long time since that was released now, oops. Is that something the translation community still needs or have you guys mostly pieced it together at this point?
With regard to the translation of v1.0.1.1, there are currently two problems.

First: Since the v1.0.0.9, the official texts has not been released. So, I personally extracted the text necessary for translation and uploaded it for all translators. However, this is an urgent solution, and I do not have confidence that I could extract it correctly. So, we are hoping to do an accurate translation with the official texts.

Second: Currently, the version of the game is v.1.0.1.1 as shown above. However, since the language file to be downloaded from menu option remains v.1.0.0.9, it makes users distrust. Support of other countries is displayed in the language column of steam, so it would not be good that the language version is still old.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Language menu.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	76.3 KB
ID:	15146  
Old 08-10-2017, 05:48 AM
Emissary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matougi View Post
uh, I would like to set the version number to "v1.0.1.1".
Yes, of course!
___

Quote:
I would like to get the expansion texts out to you ahead of the release, with the obvious caveat that it would include huge spoilers.
Of course, and we would certainly take care of that.

We would surely provide the data with the addon and not earlier. IMO!

Quote:
How much ahead of the expansion though, I cannot say, as the text is very much still in flux.
We are aware of this, but if there are any changes, then this is a small work.

Quote:
As for 1.0.1.1 texts, I realize it's been a long time since that was released now, oops. Is that something the translation community still needs or have you guys mostly pieced it together at this point?
Here I am the opinion of Matougi!

Overview of the German translation // Übersicht zur Deutsch-Übersetzung
» http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showpost.php?p=128756&postcount=4 «
Titan Quest Source - German Forum Grim Dawn
» http://titanquest.4fansites.de/forum/index.php?c=8 «
Old 08-11-2017, 12:31 AM
Supporter

Smile

I agree with my fellow translators. It's very important for the community that the version of the game it's in-sync with translation version (lot of people ask, doubt).

Matougi's files works great for now (thanks again, mate), but "official" files is better...

We (mostly) have been translating games for a very long time, we live with the spoilers (we know it) for people to get to play asap.
For this reason, is important catch up on translation, even if you make changes later on. It´s not the same thing translate 10.000 strings from scratch that we have to check 1.000 strings from a base (in short time)...

Thanks