Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Classes, Skills and Builds

Old 09-17-2018, 08:02 PM
Initiate

As I wait for Ashes to go on sale, I shall play out this build! Looks awesome.
Old 09-18-2018, 04:57 AM
Campaigner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shishiboo View Post
As I wait for Ashes to go on sale, I shall play out this build! Looks awesome.
Welcome to the forums dude!
I think AoM was on steam sale like 2 weeks ago :O
Old 09-18-2018, 05:43 AM
Praetorian

Thirteen pages. Didn't expect this guide to become that popular
Old 09-18-2018, 06:25 AM
Campaigner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupid Dragon View Post
Thirteen pages. Didn't expect this guide to become that popular
Be proud of yourself my son
Old 09-18-2018, 07:19 AM
Speaker

Although I'm more a veteran than beginner, I still have to admire your excellent work on the numerous beginner guides Stupid Dragon.

Well Done!
Old 09-19-2018, 06:15 PM
Initiate

Thank you Stupid Dragon! These beginner guides are super helpful, and unfortunately there don't seem to be a whole lot.

As a relative newb, I had a couple questions, that also might help other beginners along the way:

-Is there anything specific we should be looking for gear-wise as we transition to Cadence in the 60's (besides the coven/malmouth respected gear)? I found that leveling with Forcewave was fine; playing post Wendigo Cleaver (84) was fine; but the in between was a little rough, especially as the faction armor got older.

-Is there a relic we should use between Guile and Oleran's Wrath? I'm at 92 SoT Ultimate and OW blueprint has not dropped.. and looking at the recipe for that I probably won't be able to craft it any time soon anyways.

-Kind of a dumb question, but this bad boy dropped for me this morning.. should I use that instead of a mediocre rolled Stonewall (I have bad luck at the Blacksmith it seems).

Thanks again!
Old 09-19-2018, 06:35 PM
Campaigner

Quote:
Originally Posted by metzor View Post
Thank you Stupid Dragon! These beginner guides are super helpful, and unfortunately there don't seem to be a whole lot.

As a relative newb, I had a couple questions, that also might help other beginners along the way:

-Is there anything specific we should be looking for gear-wise as we transition to Cadence in the 60's (besides the coven/malmouth respected gear)? I found that leveling with Forcewave was fine; playing post Wendigo Cleaver (84) was fine; but the in between was a little rough, especially as the faction armor got older.

-Is there a relic we should use between Guile and Oleran's Wrath? I'm at 92 SoT Ultimate and OW blueprint has not dropped.. and looking at the recipe for that I probably won't be able to craft it any time soon anyways.

-Kind of a dumb question, but this bad boy dropped for me this morning.. should I use that instead of a mediocre rolled Stonewall (I have bad luck at the Blacksmith it seems).

Thanks again!
I got Juggernaut as mid-relic and I also used Markovians shield as soon as it dropped for me. Worked fine
Old 09-19-2018, 06:38 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by metzor View Post

Thanks again!
1. Nothing that's easy to obtain. There's hope that one of the features of the next expansion will allow players to get any non-mythical set in a predictable way, so non-mythical Warborn will fill the 65-84 limbo.

2. I'd stick with Guile. People often told me for keeping Guile for so long but T2 relics aren't that appealing. Personal bias of sorts. You can consider the T2 relic that has +soldier, forgot the name though.

3. Sure!
Old 09-30-2018, 06:10 PM
Initiate

Default The Level 65 Re-spec Conundrum

Thank you, Stupid Dragon™, for this extensive build guide. I rolled a new character and leveled using this guide, and I have been having a blast with it so far, and have learned how extensively in-depth character building in this game can be. Kudos to all those who shared their knowledge in this thread as well.

My dilemma is I hit a snag when attempting to re-spec from the Forcewave to the Cadence build. Long story short, I spent a lot of time exploring end-game areas (up to the Malmouth Outskirts) in Veteran difficulty, and did not move over to Elite until level 65. In hindsight, I should have moved to Elite earlier, since I don't have enough devotion points to properly re-spec to Cadence (I only got as far as mid-Crab per the devotion progression).

So my question is, should I continue with Forcewave until I get enough devotion, or attempt to re-spec and see how it goes? My preference is to stick with the Forcewave line because I feel comfortable with its damage output and its ability to handle multiple targets, and I don't want to lose that in switching to Cadence. I also have fairly decent resistances and armor, enough to manage-ably withstand Elite Heroics/Bosses thus far.

My current Forcewave build: (Can't post GT link yet because I don't have enough points; last part of link is wV1JvpzZ)
Lvl. 66
DPS approx. 11k unbuffed

Last edited by Mad Architect; 09-30-2018 at 06:32 PM.
Old 10-06-2018, 09:53 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Architect View Post
My dilemma is I hit a snag when attempting to re-spec from the Forcewave to the Cadence build. Long story short, I spent a lot of time exploring end-game areas (up to the Malmouth Outskirts) in Veteran difficulty, and did not move over to Elite until level 65. In hindsight, I should have moved to Elite earlier, since I don't have enough devotion points to properly re-spec to Cadence (I only got as far as mid-Crab per the devotion progression).

So my question is, should I continue with Forcewave until I get enough devotion, or attempt to re-spec and see how it goes? My preference is to stick with the Forcewave line because I feel comfortable with its damage output and its ability to handle multiple targets, and I don't want to lose that in switching to Cadence. I also have fairly decent resistances and armor, enough to manage-ably withstand Elite Heroics/Bosses thus far.

My current Forcewave build: (Can't post GT link yet because I don't have enough points; last part of link is wV1JvpzZ)
Lvl. 66
DPS approx. 11k unbuffed
I didn't respec to Cadence until lvl84 and I could get the Wendigo Cleaver. That being said, I had a Stonefist Rebuke so Forcewave was pretty powerful until then.

Tags
death knight