Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Classes, Skills and Builds

Old 12-02-2017, 06:09 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by jajaja View Post
nice phys res, whats the elemental storm for?
Just for extra damage/DoT.

66% of my elemental damage is converted into physical, with Octavius Visor and Platemail.

My build/guide:
http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64706
Old 12-02-2017, 06:14 PM
Supporter

Why did you pick Rhowan's Crown and Vulnerability? They make no sense to me on a pure physical build.

I take the opportunity of course to show off my setup, I think it is a bit more defensive and deals less damage, but it is fine.

http://www.grimtools.com/calc/q2MMLpz2

Gloves: I like Mythical Grasp of Unchained might better because of the flat physical damage, and more armor of course. It has the same cast speed. To compensate the loss of +2 to Forcewave, I wear different boots, it has no OA but it is fine I think.

It hurts my feelings to use Seal of Blades instead of Seal of Might, so I replaced it. I did not regret it, we don't need the adcth with this much defenses. And btw, if we deal more damage, we leech more.

Helmets: Octavius is probably a bit better, but I don't have it yet. I even think it is fine to wear 3 pieces of the mythical Justicar set, except the gloves.

Last edited by Pappaboy; 12-02-2017 at 06:35 PM.
Old 12-02-2017, 06:35 PM
Champion

Double post sorry

My build/guide:

Last edited by MortalKombat; 12-02-2017 at 06:37 PM.
Old 12-02-2017, 06:36 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappaboy View Post
Why did you pick Rhowan's Crown and Vulnerability? They make no sense to me on a pure physical build.

I take the opportunity of course to show off my setup, I think it is a bit more defensive but dishes out about the same damage.

http://www.grimtools.com/calc/q2MMLpz2

Gloves: I like Mythical Grasp of Unchained might better because of the flat physical damage, and more armor of course. It has the same cast speed. To compensate the loss of +2 to Forcewave, I wear different boots, it has no OA but it is fine I think.

It hurts my feelings to use Seal of Blades instead of Seal of Might, so I dished it. I did not regret it, we don't need the adcth with this much defenses. And btw, if we deal more damage, we leech more.

Helmets: Octavius is probably a bit better, but I don't have it yet. I even think it is fine to wear 3 pieces of the mythical Justicar set, except the gloves.

Rhowan's Crown - just for experiment, to convert most of its elemental damage into physical (there is nothing to bind to CoF anyway).
Vulnerability - to reduce enemy DA (those points can be put in other skills, wont make significant difference anyway).
Seal of Blades - for 5% lifesteal. Lifesteal is extremely important and valuable, for me it's worth more than Seal of Might bonuses.

+2 to Forcewave/Blitz is quite significant bonus too, and dont forget HP and pierce resist too. I made my build to be tanky. For higher DPS, you first should replace Menhir's Bastion with Doom.

If you dont have Visor of Octavius, you can use 3 pieces of Justice set, or 2 pieces of Octavius and Mythical Warborn Visor.

My build/guide:
Old 12-02-2017, 07:45 PM
Supporter

I've just made a video for comparison, 100-150 extra spawns, first 10 waves no buffs no banner.

Shar'Zul + Sentinel at wave 149, Iron Maiden + Fabius at wave 150, had some tiny struggles, had to kite a bit, but made it of course.

https://youtu.be/JBrvoPiN5NQ

(I play poorly I know. )

The last 10 Waves took me 6:40 so a lot slower than yours.

Last edited by Pappaboy; 12-02-2017 at 07:49 PM.
Old 12-02-2017, 08:12 PM
Emissary

after some theroycraft with a diff build here's some srs ideas:

ur setup has ton of phys res = very tanky. however your dmg is mediocre as FW itself is kind of a meh skill.

to help your dmg, you should take advantage of ur 100% ele to phys convert and get physical meteors like in beronath setups. its extremely strong, at least much better than rhowans. the first few points in ulzuin is also huge for any build.

can even consider flametorrent as CoF is a very good proccer for it, altho there is no chaos conversion without beronath.
Old 12-02-2017, 08:20 PM
Praetorian

Nice Build

Edit: Redited, didn't read that you don't yet have Myth stonefist
Old 12-02-2017, 08:42 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappaboy View Post
I've just made a video for comparison, 100-150 extra spawns, first 10 waves no buffs no banner.

Shar'Zul + Sentinel at wave 149, Iron Maiden + Fabius at wave 150, had some tiny struggles, had to kite a bit, but made it of course.

https://youtu.be/JBrvoPiN5NQ

(I play poorly I know. )

The last 10 Waves took me 6:40 so a lot slower than yours.
I should mention, when i capture video, my PC lags. I also struggled a lot before i could find proper program for capture and made it work. I've survived any combination of 3 nemesises at 150 wave when i was farming - 2 IM+Fabius, 2 Vadaran + Fabius, Fabius, Valdaran and IM, and so on (havent met 3 Fabius or 3 IM, though - i think it's impossible). Sometimes has to use consumables, in very rare cases - Aether Cluster. It just takes too much time to "capture" all those shitty combinations, cause usually, they dont happen all at once. For example, i can meet Mad Queen but dont meet Sharzul+Cronley, etc. I could also capture full 100-150 clear, but it would be quite long (25 min), and i doubt that many players would enjoy watching video that long....

I also was lucky with Mutator, got reduced enemy HP, and it improved killing time. Usually, it takes ~25 minutes for me to clear Crucible from 100 to 150 wave (buffs are used from 120 wave), and ~60 minutes to clear Crucible 4 times (100-150 & 3 items 130-150, including delay required to sell/sort loot from first 2 clears).

My build/guide:
Old 12-02-2017, 08:55 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by jajaja View Post
ur setup has ton of phys res = very tanky. however your dmg is mediocre as FW itself is kind of a meh skill.
That's true, though lack of damage is somewhat compensated by its immunity to fumble/impaired aim, high slow resistance, stable damage output and nice AoE. After all, i clear Crucible relatively quickly, and with BiS gear, it will be even quicker. I have poor luck for weapons, i still have no Stonefist Rebuke (m), and no Stormreaver (m) for your Warder build too, btw.

Superior DPS wasnt my priority for this build, nor was faster clear speed, etc. I wanted to reach best possible balance between offense and defence, and create a very RELIABLE crucible farmer.

Even with this tanky build, even with buffs and circuit breakers, i dont feel myself really safe when farming Gladiator. Challenger? Yes, i feel i could beat it with burger in hand while watching TV show. But Gladiator feels completely different. I feel that incoming damage is VERY high. Stop for 1-2 seconds, relax a bit - and i'm almost dead. If that's how it feels playing a TANK, i'm afraid to even imagine how it feels playing much less protected builds, that rely more on kiting and DPS....

My build/guide:
Old 12-02-2017, 09:27 PM
Emissary

Quote:
Originally Posted by MortalKombat View Post
That's true, though lack of damage is somewhat compensated by its immunity to fumble/impaired aim, high slow resistance, stable damage output and nice AoE. After all, i clear Crucible relatively quickly, and with BiS gear, it will be even quicker. I have poor luck for weapons, i still have no Stonefist Rebuke (m), and no Stormreaver (m) for your Warder build too, btw.

Superior DPS wasnt my priority for this build, nor was faster clear speed, etc. I wanted to reach best possible balance between offense and defence, and create a very RELIABLE crucible farmer.

Even with this tanky build, even with buffs and circuit breakers, i dont feel myself really safe when farming Gladiator. Challenger? Yes, i feel i could beat it with burger in hand while watching TV show. But Gladiator feels completely different. I feel that incoming damage is VERY high. Stop for 1-2 seconds, relax a bit - and i'm almost dead. If that's how it feels playing a TANK, i'm afraid to even imagine how it feels playing much less protected builds, that rely more on kiting and DPS....
edit sorry forgot u only got like 66% ele to phys rather than 100. meteors would proabbly still be a nice devo. at least much better than rhowan.

regarding the tanking comment. i forgot to look at ur DA, if ur DA is above 2800, and phys res is nearing 80% with ghoul up. u should be neigh invulnerable to nemesis dmg.

now the reason you may still feel squishy could be these reasons:
1. no flat sorb -> standing in lots of ground AOE/eating lots of DOT which stacks quickly in cruci your health will still drop really quickly to these

2. lack of consistent lifeleech, this is a problem with all 2H melee builds, because you hit slow and due to #1, u have to move alot, u can't instantly recharge ur health every 0.3secs like DW can (esp during a ghoul proc), a DW'er with a ghoul proc up will refill full health pretty much instantly after every instance of damage as long as they aren't 1 shot.

- this is why shield builds can afk so much due to permanenet OG. and seemingly squishy DW builds can survive ok due to super high frequency of lifeleech.

i dont know if there is any solution to this, u can fix #1 by going inquis seal but u'd be giving up phys res and RR from wb.

not sure if theres any really good solution to #2, u can stack lots of life regen with giants and blood/dreeg and such, but i dont think WB has that much %regen to buff up the flat withoout going OG :\
phoenix devo maybe worth a shot

Tags
build, forcewave, witchblade