Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Off Topic > News In Gaming

Old 09-08-2017, 04:57 PM
Praetorian

Default Pinball FX3 Releases...

...Sept. 26th!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/442120/Pinball_FX3/

Pretty amped about this. Nearly all of your table purchases from FX2 (I own all of them ) will export as well to FX3. Gotta love that.
Old 09-26-2017, 01:10 PM
Praetorian

So... it's released. Can't believe none of you squares around here play this? I know GD is the bomb but this is pinball we are talking about here. The upgrade is pretty nice so far. Has a lot more online functionality this time around and they implemented a table upgrade system that is very interesting. It's definitely going to get me playing pinball more again.

It also released with 3 new tables: Jaws, Back To The Future, and E.T. (9.99 for all 3 bundled)
Old 09-26-2017, 01:34 PM
Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by powbam View Post
Can't believe none of you squares around here play this? I know GD is the bomb but this is pinball we are talking about here.
I enjoyed PFX2 but I prefer Pinball Arcade because it has real tables.
Old 09-26-2017, 01:58 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuranosuke View Post
I enjoyed PFX2 but I prefer Pinball Arcade because it has real tables.
Man I wanted to get into that one but... the price of those table packs tho 490$ if you want 'em all! http://store.steampowered.com/app/23...inball_Arcade/

Maybe one day when PFX stops being so awesome and I catch a break on the Powerball.

Last edited by powbam; 09-26-2017 at 02:00 PM.
Old 09-26-2017, 02:14 PM
Herald

Quote:
Man I wanted to get into that one but... the price of those table packs tho 490$ if you want 'em all! http://store.steampowered.com/app/23...inball_Arcade/

Maybe one day when PFX stops being so awesome and I catch a break on the Powerball.
I know Pinball Arcade is kinda expensive but I think it's worth the price considering the tables are very fidel to the real ones (and have better ball physics). You have to pay if you want to play the of the classics but there's no need to buy all the tables. Also it has free table rotations IIRC.
Old 09-26-2017, 02:53 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuranosuke View Post
I know Pinball Arcade is kinda expensive but I think it's worth the price considering the tables are very fidel to the real ones (and have better ball physics). You have to pay if you want to play the of the classics but there's no need to buy all the tables. Also it has free table rotations IIRC.
I'm a purchase all the tables junkie. Perhaps one day I might do it bit by bit over time but as it stands I have all of the tables in PFX so I have no shortage of pinball tables to play atm and it probably helps I'm not a purist concerning pinball games. As long as it's fun I'm good to go

If you end up playing PFX3 feel free to add me up for high scores and whatnot.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/powbammer/

Last edited by powbam; 09-26-2017 at 02:55 PM.
Old 09-26-2017, 03:50 PM
Praetorian

I did not imagine people could be hyped about that (no offense). For me, it's the kind of game that does not need updates, like minesweeper.
Old 09-26-2017, 05:42 PM
Counsel

Quote:

That dollar total is wrong. Very wrong. It is $210 if you purchase all 7 REGULAR table packs, OR $280 if you purchase all 7 PRO table packs. You purchase one or the other. There is ZERO need to purchase both as the PRO contains the table that is in the REGULAR table packs.
Old 09-26-2017, 08:03 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoalaeiO View Post
I did not imagine people could be hyped about that (no offense). For me, it's the kind of game that does not need updates, like minesweeper.
You're kidding right? They are pulling IP's from Disney, Marvel, Microsoft, Sony, Fox etc.

The engine is old and they figured it was time for an upgrade and I can say the change is well worth it. They even managed to finagle bringing nearly 70 tables (in what could only be a licensing nightmare to achieve) along in a backwards compatibility extravaganza, for the community, for free.

The new engine/platform offers better graphics, a deep new upgrade/experience system for the tables to modify your experience, or you can play them without all that, massively improved online leaderboards, tournaments, challenges etc the list is long.

Been playing it all morning and I can say that they have been very busy with this and it shows.

Pinball is no minesweeper, that's practically an insult. People spend a lot of time and money to build custom cabinets to play this stuff on. Hell, I'd like to do it one day.

https://youtu.be/k0WpXmEjxVI

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk
Old 09-26-2017, 09:32 PM
Apostle

Quote:

Pinball is no minesweeper, that's practically an insult. People spend a lot of time and money to build custom cabinets to play this stuff on. Hell, I'd like to do it one day.
Hey man, Minesweeper was actually a good game(well, somewhat)

Well you have my interest piqued, i might try it out sometime, before this thread I too shared the same opinion as KoaleiO

--------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram View Post
Diablo II: RoT Mod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Van Houck View Post
Nydiamar Mod