Old 04-18-2017, 06:01 AM
Advocate

Old 05-05-2017, 11:56 PM
Speaker

Hey. Just wondering if there is a way to save the gear that you buy from the vendor on your character when changing mods... (I like playing with modded classes but love your easy 85...). The gear disappears when I change mods, but the augments/relics/bits stay in my inventory.

Cheers.
Old 05-06-2017, 12:19 AM
Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentvb View Post
Hey. Just wondering if there is a way to save the gear that you buy from the vendor on your character when changing mods... (I like playing with modded classes but love your easy 85...). The gear disappears when I change mods, but the augments/relics/bits stay in my inventory.

Cheers.
The item files would need to be merged with the other mod.
Old 05-06-2017, 07:06 PM
Speaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentvb View Post

Cheers.
I'm currently creating a separate entry of every item (only armor and weapons) that you can buy from the vendors. To show you why:

All items, ranging from level 1 up to 75, are located in the main database directory, e.g. "items/gearshead/". But I only want those level 65+ items. Adding them manually to the vendors would take way too long, so I'm just generating a long string through a script which has every item listed in it.
If the vendor can't find an item, it will ignore it. So I'm creating a separate directory with only the items I actually want (65+, with a script), e.g. "items_range". The string will the then look like this (vaguely): items_range/gearhead/c001_head;items_range/gearhead/c002_head; ... .
c001_head, which may be a level 1 item, will be ignored, since it's not located in "items_range", but c020_head (level 70) will show up, since it's located in there.

Other mods therefore won't find the equipment you are wearing, since the directory "items_range" doesn't exists.

This is not a good solution, and I already got a neat idea to change that, without having to select every item on my own. (I will just generate a string of all items in "items_range" and change every occurrence of "items_range" in the string to "items")

I will release an update next week, which will add every epic item (and some rares), some lore, and some polish to the world. You should then be able to use your character in other mods without any doing.

Edit: Changed it, next update will include it.

Last edited by Van Houck; 05-06-2017 at 10:43 PM.
Old 05-07-2017, 01:29 AM
Speaker

Awesome, thanks for the replies.
Old 05-10-2017, 05:07 PM
Speaker

Default Update 2

I just released the second update. I consider everything included as done, except some notes / books, (custom) items and quests (shard quest is missing). I may from now on occasionally work on new locations or a story.

Enjoy.

Here's a picture of A Hill next to a Graveyard:

I'm going to release the mod on the Nexus, too (today or tomorrow).
Old 06-24-2017, 06:34 PM
Speaker

Still here. No update.

Just some pictures.

For a larger resolution, click here: Link to the Imgur album (or click on one of the pictures)

Catacombs - Alternate Entrance

Catacombs - Entrance Hall [Not done, still missing decoration]

• Big door (right corner) leading to the rest of the Catacombs, requires "runes"/"keys" to unlock, which are going to be dropped by "portal-"/"world-" bosses or found near the end of each "world".

Catacombs - First "Portal"

• The Entrance Hall branches into small "rooms" (as shown in the picture above). In each one there's going to be a portal, leading to another location (or "world"), like the one shown in the next pictures. I may do 2 or 4 portals, the second one may be a "snow" world.

Desert ~

Ruins / Long Hallway [Not done]

So yeah, still working on it occasionally.
Old 07-01-2017, 10:52 PM
Ascendant

Impressive work

Looks fantastic

--------
Useful mods-
Spoiler!
Old 08-01-2017, 05:27 PM
Speaker

Default Nydiamar --- Release Update 3!

Update 3: Ancient Ruins

"Sand --- it’s coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere"

What's new?
  • New Locations
    • Catacombs I - Main Hall
      • Introduction to the Catacombs
    • Desert & Ancient Ruins
      • Large new open map, with one Completion Quest and 2 Events
    • Quest specific version of the Outpost --- Enyas Vision
      • A new unique quest, which leads to an alternate version of the Outpost and the Yamuna forest
  • A new way to play Nydiamar!
    • Start out with level 1 and level up on your own by playing the mod
    • Alternate Edge of Eternity version, with faction merchants and other things
    • 5 unique (3 of them are repeatable) quests with rewards
    • 1 repeatable fetch quest to ease the leveling progress
      • Choose your reward-type on your own, e.g. get rewarded with 5 levels instead of 3 random epic items or materials
    • Gain every ~10 levels some rewards, e.g. Devotion points or faction reputation
  • Overhauled Enemies
    • Many enemies are now going to ambush you --- Compositions are random and less predictable
    • Balanced enemy compositions
    • Certain encounters are only going to happen on Elite or Ultimate
    • Only one version of the mod from now on (but I could add different ones again, if requested)
  • ... some minor tweaks and a lot of polish ...

This update is huge --- it actually took me quite some time and Nydiamar should now have roughly the same size of Act 1 in Grim Dawn (I guess ~80%, but not as open). I invested a lot of time to play test and polish everything (seriously, everything), so I hope you gonna enjoy it. Leave some feedback, so I won't get the impression that no one is playing or interested in it.

Fun fact: I have placed more than 18500 objects (a huge part are rocks, urgh) in the world.

Read up more on the opening post.

DOWNLOAD (Size: 21.0 MB)

Some more pictures
Click on them for a higher resolution

Catacombs I

Desert

Ancient Ruins

Last edited by Van Houck; 01-17-2018 at 05:26 AM. Reason: Added download, added link to OP
Old 08-02-2017, 02:52 AM
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van Houck View Post
Update 3: Ancient Ruins

"Sand --- it’s coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere"

What's new?
  • New Locations
    • Catacombs I - Main Hall
      • Introduction to the Catacombs
    • Desert & Ancient Ruins
      • Large new open map, with one Completion Quest and 2 Events
    • Quest specific version of the Outpost --- Enyas Vision
      • A new unique quest, which leads to an alternate version of the Outpost and the Yamuna forest
  • A new way to play Nydiamar!
    • Start out with level 1 and level up on your own by playing the mod
    • Alternate Edge of Eternity version, with faction merchants and other things
    • 5 unique (3 of them are repeatable) quests with rewards
    • 1 repeatable fetch quest to ease the leveling progress
      • Choose your reward-type on your own, e.g. get rewarded with 5 levels instead of 3 random epic items or materials
    • Gain every ~10 levels some rewards, e.g. Devotion points or faction reputation
  • Overhauled Enemies
    • Many enemies are now going to ambush you --- Compositions are random and less predictable
    • Balanced enemy compositions
    • Certain encounters are only going to happen on Elite or Ultimate
    • Only one version of the mod from now on (but I could add different ones again, if requested)
  • ... some minor tweaks and a lot of polish ...

This update is huge --- it actually took me quite some time and Nydiamar should now have roughly the same size of Act 1 in Grim Dawn (I guess ~80%, but not as open). I invested a lot of time to play test and polish everything (seriously, everything), so I hope you gonna enjoy it. Leave some feedback, so I won't get the impression that no one is playing or interested in it.

Fun fact: I have placed more than 18500 objects (a huge part are rocks, urgh) in the world.

Read up more on the opening post.

Some more pictures
Click on them for an higher resolution

Catacombs I

Desert

Ancient Ruins

Whoaaa!!

You surely level up your editing and intuation skill this time on update tree.
Love all the nifty trick and details given to the randomness and classy pathing. I'd love to see more of that sunshine-ray in your map.

With all these thematic word build, I could only imagine what mobs could seriously breath these Nydiamar underworld living

Edit: on another note, you could seriously fill up few blank area. Its perfectly fine to have more scenery area (for alive looking) while its not passable for the player.

eg:
scenery look from behind*

complete world down the bridge*

scatter obstruction, which can ONLY be enter through hidden river/ obstruction
http://grimdawn.wikia.com/wiki/Benevald_-_Strange_Wares

a clump of destructible artifact/building

*you almost nail this down
**pardon for my language barrier

Last edited by fotosintesis; 08-02-2017 at 03:11 AM. Reason: constructive advice

Tags
map, mod