Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Classes, Skills and Builds

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old 03-15-2019, 11:07 AM
Speaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepowerofmediocrity View Post
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/w263E17V

134 flat Bleeding per second for each pet with 137 Bleeding RR without the need for Manticore. I suspect something like this is going to be a contender for best use of Conjurer pet builds.
That bleed looks strong, but I feel like that concept would definitely need some tweaks in order to deal with pet survivability. Those res are quite low. Mend Flesh would probably help I suppose though?

Small optimization: Changing Rat + Lion to Lotus + 2x Crossroads frees up a point, which can get you another 18 flat bleed from Huntress. Unfortunately that does lower your movement speed though, and you're already pretty low on that.

Perhaps Oleron is too much to ask for, though, and a compromise of getting Falcon to free up some devotions would be necessary. Or even Bat, since there's also over 100 vit RR in this. Oleron is such a good devotion to give up though.

I understand that it's kinda just put together as a proof of concept at the moment, but just kinda thinking. Hell, if there was something that converted pet acid to vitality i think bleed/vit pet ritualist could be a real thing if the pet survivability was fixed up and all... blight fiend + the bysmiel's command pet both do a decent chunk of poison/acid after all. Maybe that'd be OP to enable though. Dunno, I'm tired.
Old 03-15-2019, 11:26 AM
Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theuberelite View Post
That bleed looks strong, but I feel like that concept would definitely need some tweaks in order to deal with pet survivability. Those res are quite low. Mend Flesh would probably help I suppose though?
Grimtools does not account for pet resistances affected by global buffs, so the pet resistances from Storm Spirit, Blood of Dreeg, Emboldening Presence, and Oak Skin do not show in Grimtools. It will show up on game sheet once you summon a pet, however, so the pet Resistances are much higher than shown.

Open to any PMs from those interested in playing pet builds.

Come see my Grimarillion build compendium at http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79611
Old 03-15-2019, 05:48 PM
Speaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepowerofmediocrity View Post
Grimtools does not account for pet resistances affected by global buffs, so the pet resistances from Storm Spirit, Blood of Dreeg, Emboldening Presence, and Oak Skin do not show in Grimtools. It will show up on game sheet once you summon a pet, however, so the pet Resistances are much higher than shown.

Yep, I'm aware of this limitation of GT. Forgot about the pierce res, but I still don't like how low a lot of the res are. I suppose you can somewhat get away with it in crucible, though crucible with 70 vit/chaos res pets does not sound that good to me (the blessing is +50 to the main resists, right? 33 to the CC resists)
Old 03-15-2019, 06:32 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theuberelite View Post
Yep, I'm aware of this limitation of GT. Forgot about the pierce res, but I still don't like how low a lot of the res are. I suppose you can somewhat get away with it in crucible, though crucible with 70 vit/chaos res pets does not sound that good to me (the blessing is +50 to the main resists, right? 33 to the CC resists)
If your pet aether/chaos resistance is not capped before buffs, the chances of your pets surviving is going to be pretty low.
Old 03-15-2019, 08:06 PM
Counsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigatrev View Post
If your pet aether/chaos resistance is not capped before buffs, the chances of your pets surviving is going to be pretty low.
100% this. Pretty positive it's why maya couldn't keep pets alive in crucible with my build. only had like 30-40% aether chaos res
Old 03-15-2019, 08:15 PM
Emissary

Quote:
Originally Posted by iOnlyPlayPetBuilds View Post
100% this. Pretty positive it's why maya couldn't keep pets alive in crucible with my build. only had like 30-40% aether chaos res
My lack of piloting skills doesn't help either

(Too many aetherial meteors to the face can be harmful for health)
Old 03-15-2019, 08:19 PM
Praetorian

If the pets came with a higher baseline of resists innately in the class skill itself, this would all be a lot easier.

# of level 100 characters I have atm: 110
World First Slayer of ???
World First all achievements unlocked
Old 03-15-2019, 08:21 PM
Emissary

Quote:
Originally Posted by adoomgod View Post
If the pets came with a higher baseline of resists innately in the class skill itself, this would all be a lot easier.
Do we know the baseline of resists they have atm?
Old 03-15-2019, 08:29 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maya View Post
Do we know the baseline of resists they have atm?
I just checked. They're pretty nice in some cases. Hellhound has some innate aether and chaos resist but skeletons don't.

But elemental, chaos, and aether are big pet killers.

Skeletons get super high in some resists but 0 in others:
15% phys, 15% pierce, 50% cold, 50% vitality resist innately. Excluding CC

# of level 100 characters I have atm: 110
World First all achievements unlocked
Old 03-15-2019, 08:33 PM
Emissary

Quote:
Originally Posted by adoomgod View Post
I just checked. They're pretty nice in some cases. Hellhound has some innate aether and chaos resist but skeletons don't.

But elemental, chaos, and aether are big pet killers.

Skeletons get super high in some resists but 0 in others:
15% phys, 15% pierce, 50% cold, 50% vitality resist innately. Excluding CC
Wait... you can check pet stats like resists? how?

Could you link or otherwise post all their hidden stuff?
(It isn't available on GT and I have been looking for it for months :O)