Old 11-17-2018, 06:10 AM
Advocate

Default 3 ideas to impove clarity of stats

I have a few ideas to improve stats and descriptions in the game. I’m using imperative voice for the sake of simplicity.

1. Spammable skills: include information on speed scaling (cast speed, attack speed or constant/unscaling/damage-per-second).

ARGUMENTATION: Forcewave scales with cast speed. Primal scales with attack speed. Both skills have identical mechanics: cd weapon damage skill transmuted into spam. How is a beginner supposed to figure this out? I have 1000+ hours in the game and I’m still unsure whether skills like Box of Elgoloth or Storm Totem scale with cast speed or not.

2. Flat damage values: include a button holding which would allow to see all flat damage values, especially skill damage values in the mastery tree window, as base values (not including the global damage modifier). Analogically to holding ctrl to see a weapon’s impact on player’s stats without its component.

ARGUMENTATION: when I want to compare flat dmg of different types in two skills or devotions I have to go to grimtools. Why isn’t it possible in-game (without having to use a calculator)?

3. Pet global dmg modifiers: include information on all damage types. Not to clutter the char sheet, it could be accessible through hovering over all damage modifier (like LMB/RMB skill dmg breakdown).

ARGUMENTATION: because why not?
Old 11-17-2018, 06:23 AM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ya_ View Post
still unsure whether skills like Box of Elgoloth or Storm Totem scale with cast speed or not.
Probably because they don't scale with anything.
Old 11-17-2018, 12:12 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceno View Post
Probably because they don't scale with anything.
Doesn't their original lay/cast speed still scale with cast speed?

I'm honestly not sure, but I always thought it did...
Old 11-18-2018, 08:05 AM
Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silben View Post
Doesn't their original lay/cast speed still scale with cast speed?

I'm honestly not sure, but I always thought it did...
Exactly my point! Silben has 1750 posts in this forum, probably over 2000+ hours in GD (sorry if I underestimate). Yet, he still feels like this needs to be verified...

BTW yeah, according to some reliable sources, cast speed does affect that.