Old 10-03-2018, 12:03 AM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitherson View Post
With two of these guns, Tactician would have pure pierce versions of seal, word of pain, and runes for AoE. I doubt the additional few points from War Cry would do much.
You're not wrong that Inquisitor has plenty of sources of AoE, but hey, you're gonna cap War Cry anyway for that reduced target's damage (since you won't be going Censure) so nothing wrong with getting a free 16 meter trash shredder centred on your character.

Quote:
both the pistol and warborn mace are incredibly strong even without the mod.
This is also true
Old 10-03-2018, 12:44 AM
Acolyte

Still criminal lack of eldritch-themed gear. You know, something to fit Eldritch Gaze? Shame.
Old 10-03-2018, 03:24 AM
Champion

Shoulders look gorgeous but stat wise look a bit useless, like a plethora of legendary shoulders we have now that are never used by anyone.

This pistol though, it is absolutely disgustingly op. I am guessing that Righteous fervor is an auto attack, right? So two pistols that give total 36% weapon damage to an autoattack + inquisitor's wps fully converted to pierce is going gamebreaking, damn.
Old 10-03-2018, 03:43 AM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad_lee View Post
This pistol though, it is absolutely disgustingly op. I am guessing that Righteous fervor is an auto attack, right? So two pistols that give total 36% weapon damage to an autoattack + inquisitor's wps fully converted to pierce is going gamebreaking, damn.
It'll probably be changed to a flat damage bonus, still OP tho. Compare it to 2h savagery vindicator which is already very strong and has similar skill mods (40%WD on savagery with bow and bloodrager helm). That's without converting all the WPS to lightning. This one converts all the WPS too it's absurd (even if you reduce conversion on weapon there's bladetwister ring). Also there would most likely be an armor with WD bonus to Righteous fervor for melee considering that's more of an Oathkeeper theme than ranged.
Old 10-06-2018, 06:45 AM
Counsel

awesome items! can't wait to see them all in action
And into darkness send it.
Old 10-06-2018, 05:46 PM
Acolyte

Oh yea, those shoulders are giving me impure thoughts...

Edit: in other news, the Oathbearer looks OP af

Last edited by n0nfact0r; 10-06-2018 at 05:49 PM.
Old 10-06-2018, 07:35 PM
Speaker

And in today's latest damage converter wish, I'm hoping Righteous Fervor has a cold conversion piece of equipment. That isn't a melee weapon.

The plan? Dual pistol Paladin (Have Guns...), with RF, cold Vire's Might (...Will Travel), Chilling Rounds off of RF, and Rune of Hagarrad.

Of course, there's still six more Oathkeeper skills to discover...
Old 10-07-2018, 12:31 AM
Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyknight View Post
And in today's latest damage converter wish, I'm hoping Righteous Fervor has a cold conversion piece of equipment. That isn't a melee weapon.

The plan? Dual pistol Paladin (Have Guns...), with RF, cold Vire's Might (...Will Travel), Chilling Rounds off of RF, and Rune of Hagarrad.

Of course, there's still six more Oathkeeper skills to discover...
Disgusting...I love it.
Old 10-07-2018, 01:03 AM
Speaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0nfact0r View Post
Disgusting...I love it.
Do keep in mind that I'm not likely to care if they weaken RoH. The pattern of attack and the presence of the Biting Cold debuffs are sufficient to me.

(General idea: Lay a Rune in their path, pelt them with shots, Vire's Might through them when they get too close, repeat. Only annoying bit is that there isn't a way to slow popcorn enemies' motion--I don't expect to slow bosses, that much I'm sure of.)

Admittedly, if there isn't a ranged-compatible converter for RF, I'd just take a fire-oriented route, replacing Hagarrad with Kalastor. Of course, that opens up Flames of Ignaffar, Eye of Reckoning, and Conjure Guardian of Empyrion.

I don't think I'd take them all at once, though.

And really, I've settled on Paladin for RP reasons. From the skill names, the Oathkeeper and Inquisitor are the most appealing of the masteries (Shaman and Demolitionist are too vicious, Occultist and Necromancer are too icky, Arcanist and Soldier are too sere, and Nightblade just barely lost out to Inquisitor...and that might depend on my mood). Of course, with six skill names yet to be revealed, there might be something unnerving about the Oathkeeper I've yet to see. (Inquisitor is marred a little by Word of Agony, and Nightblade by Anatomy of Murder. Matter of determining the usual mindsets of those masteries...)
Old 10-14-2018, 08:41 AM
Campaigner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyknight View Post

And really, I've settled on Paladin for RP reasons.
you sir have a good future ahead of you Once you play paladin you will never try something else, guaranteed.

And Misadventure Monday again awaits us. What could possibly hype us this time?

Tags
grim misadventure