Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Developer Section > Development Updates

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old 05-17-2018, 11:15 AM
Speaker

Forgive me if someone else have asked this, but will this feature also include the option to upgrade epic pieces to their mythical counterparts? Because that would be swell!
Old 06-19-2018, 05:50 PM
Initiate

Are we going to receive some feature that will allow to reroll prefixe or suffixe? It'll be cool to use copies of the item to reroll its prefixe or suffixe. I'm becoming crazy doing the same route to drop the green in the way i want
Old 06-19-2018, 06:08 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum. I think the answer is no, sorry. Might be a mod down in the Modding section that allows it, but won't be a core feature of the game.
Old 07-04-2018, 01:03 PM
Counsel

wow didnt know that, now i am crying awesome QoL changes awesomeeeee
Old 07-10-2018, 06:43 PM
Initiate

Default New crafring method

Wanted to know if something like this is possible

Rare grade: Rampage boots of spellweaving+ survivalist boots of insight= random prefix and suffix (from the two boots used).

This should make crafting for thos nice rate items a good option. Since everyone is having crappy time xraftong for the rare boots they want... This should also inclide MI's so it be. Bit easier ti farm for that nice prefix and suffix you want.
Old 10-30-2018, 01:24 AM
Initiate

Honestly, as a person who hates not being able to complete a set (and dislikes D3), I think this may be going a little too far. Mainly, it appears to be rather cheap to transmute (unless these new crafting mats are extremely rare), and more importantly, being able to do this for craftable helms will simply make some sets too easy to get.
Old 10-30-2018, 01:46 AM
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Documental View Post
Honestly, as a person who hates not being able to complete a set (and dislikes D3), I think this may be going a little too far. Mainly, it appears to be rather cheap to transmute (unless these new crafting mats are extremely rare), and more importantly, being able to do this for craftable helms will simply make some sets too easy to get.
We still don't how hard is to get the craft material to do the transmute and 75k iron bits isn't a negligible amout. It's too early and there is considerably little information to have an opinion right now. Also, helms are really expensive to craft, meaning that you'll have to spend at least 1,8M iron bits to complete a Mythical Legendary Set, and there is still the chance that you get screwed with a roll and get a piece you already have, so the price may end being way higher. And that's not considering that you must have the desired blueprint for that.

Last edited by toapeiron; 10-30-2018 at 01:49 AM.
Old 10-30-2018, 06:15 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
No one's going to make you use the transmute option. It's entirely up to you whether you do or not.
Mysterious as the dark side of the moon.
Old 10-30-2018, 06:32 AM
Herald

Quote:
Not with helm blueprints that need a Killrians Shattered soul and several relics.
Also you will still need to farm the materials for the transmutation. All this, just for a chance to get the item you need. You won´t be swimming in completed sets two days after FG release. You will get a way to complete a set, if you invest enough time, contrary to the way it is handled currently, atm you can farm your guts out and still not find what you need.

Also: what medea said.
Old 10-30-2018, 06:53 AM
Champion

I actually do hope that lower level epic sets are a bit easier to get. So that you won't outlevel it when you finally required a few pieces. Saves a bit the trouble of collecting tons of gear with another char.

Tags
grim misadventure, itemization, npcs