Old 02-24-2018, 09:36 PM
Initiate

Default First time player - ranged spellcaster class choice?

Hiya, the other day I made a thread about a good starting clas, but I realized I want to play ranged spellcaster ! I am looking for the best ranged class to farm and eventually do crucible in 20 years when I’m ready. I would prefer pet-less.

Any advice for me? Thanks so much in advance!

Last edited by sempuken; 02-25-2018 at 12:27 AM. Reason: Typo
Old 02-24-2018, 11:42 PM
Advocate

First and foremost, i have to warn you that ranged (gun/crossbow user) characters are a little bit (really not too much but still) handicapped compared to melee or casters so their not the easyest to play/farm for a newby.

But if you insist, Inquisitor would be the go-to ranged mastery and you can pair that with either Demolitionist (Fire Strike) or Soldier (Cadence) for the most synergistic result.

So i recommend Purifier or Tactician as a start, but other cominations could work too as a ranged char later with more experince in GD.
Gallop, you plan to add, podzemele bagels?
Old 02-25-2018, 12:26 AM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyGandalf View Post
First and foremost, i have to warn you that ranged (gun/crossbow user) characters are a little bit (really not too much but still) handicapped compared to melee or casters so their not the easyest to play/farm for a newby.

But if you insist, Inquisitor would be the go-to ranged mastery and you can pair that with either Demolitionist (Fire Strike) or Soldier (Cadence) for the most synergistic result.

So i recommend Purifier or Tactician as a start, but other cominations could work too as a ranged char later with more experince in GD.
Oh I’m sorry I didn’t mean to suggest I didn’t want a caster! I do!! I just meant ranged as opposed to melee. Caster is fine!
Old 03-01-2018, 02:54 AM
Initiate

Yeah ranged Tactician with Dual-Wield pistols is awesome. Currently breezing through Ultimate on mine.

Google "Grim Dawn ranged Tactician build" and you'll find several good ones.
Old 03-04-2018, 10:19 AM
Supporter

Just think how you want your character look like which means the type of weapon/magic and the damage type. At the moment it is possible to make a build with almost any combination of these variables' values.
Old 03-08-2018, 05:26 AM
Initiate

I am a former world ranked shadow priest, I have almost every possible character to 100 and have written guides for pve/pve and have played this game for years, I have not played in a few months due to work, but my information is pretty solid nevertheless.
Old 03-10-2018, 02:35 AM
Initiate

As above, dual pistol tactician is pretty sweet (warborn + 2x havoc). You can't go wrong with purifier or vindicator, either.