Old 01-14-2016, 01:45 PM
Supporter

Post [Tool] Grim Dawn Stash Manager

THIS TOOL IS OUT OF DATE
PLEASE USE MAMBAS ALTERNATIVE http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23414

Idear
The programm is supposed to be used to freely switch around stash files to allow alot more items to be stored in diffrent stash files.

How does it work ?
The way grim dawn saves your Stash is inside a file in Documents->My Games->Grim Dawn->Save called either ".gst" for Softcore and ".gsh" for Hardcore.
As long as you have your stash open ingame there are no changes loaded or accepted and as soon as you close your stash ingame it will create the .gst/.gsh file based on the stash you had ingame loaded. That means even if you change the .gst/.gsh file while having it open ingame grim dawn wont reload anything and just override it with the old informations that the stash has been opened with. That is also the reason why you should not have the stash open ingame while also using the programm, obviously. My programm is designed to allow easy switching between multiple of those .gst/.gsh files to make it quicker and more user friendly to have more stash space. The programm supports dynamic hotkeys and other features like playing a sound and/or showing a popup once a new stash is loaded (Settings Tab).

How To
Check out the Video Tutorial from Tridord for a awesome indepth explanation on how to use it properly !
Click here to check it out!

Screenshot

Disclaimer
DO NOT HAVE YOUR STASH OPEN WHILE YOU ARE LOADING/UNLOADING STASHES WITH HOTKEYS OR MANUAL, IT WILL MESS UP YOUR STUFF OTHERWISE.
ALSO DONT CLOSE THE APPLICATION WHILE HAVING THE STASH TAB OPEN AND A STASH LOADED.
BACKUP YOUR "My Games\Grim Dawn" FOLDER IN ADDITION
DEACTIVATE CLOUD SAVING BOTH INGAME+STEAM

If you follow those instructions you wont have any trouble, this is as good as it gets with the current system. As always there are ways to improve this programm with dynamic memory reading, i would need offsets for this though and unless someone volunteers to provide them or creates me a cheat engine table with scans to find the offsets i wont implement this.
(Also sufficient Disclaimer for v1.0+)

Download Executable
AVIALABLE HERE (http://GDSM.420weedwizard.bplaced.net/)
Virustotal [1/55]
MD5:51a9aeed496305529f5476a113136e80
PS: To update your current client that you are using just copy over the new .exe of 1.3 (Only works for 1.0+)

Download Source
In addition executables are not packed or obfuscated, feel free to use .net Reflector/DotPeek or other reverse applications to view the sourcecode.
Please be aware that i do not allow uploading modified version of this sourcecode/executable without my voice or texted permission.
Please dont abuse it, it was my time investment.
Please feel free to edit/change the source/executable for your own needs or the ones of your friends.
Please dont remove the link to this thread in any version you create.
Download 1.2 Sourcecode (Mega.nz) (Visual Studio 2010 recommended)

Contact
Always avialable via private message in this board or in the offical Grim Dawn discord chat.

F.A.Q
1. Im currently using cloud saving, say i'd want to use your program how do i do this? if i turn off cloud saving do i lose my stash?
You can always backup your stash in addition what i would suggest anyway. You disable cloud saving and thats it, you keep all your current progress as far as i am aware.

More
Check out this alternative too ! A more indepth version of Stash management ! Shoutout to mamba!

Beta&Alpha Testers
Ishiga (First and Only Alpha Tester - Thank this dude, without him i couldnt have provided a stable version.)

Beer Donations
- Bittermandel (2€)
Michal J. (5$)
Thank you guys !

If you want to buy a poor guy some beer, feel free to do so : Donate.

Version Patchnotes
Changelog v1.3 (CURRENT VERSION)
  • Descriptions for Stashes now allow 64 characters instead of 32.
  • Increased Hotkey response times by x10. (This also results in 15% increased RAM/CPU usage)
  • Hardcore Stash Support.
  • Function to freely change Hardcore to Softcore stashes or the other way around.
  • Popups now no longer change the currently active/selected Window.
  • Option to play a sound on Popup.
  • Option to resize Window in height.
  • Video Tutorial by Tridord added.
  • About Tab updated.

Changelog v1.2
  • Completely new UI
  • Popups are now drawn by GDI+ to reduce the frame impact ingame below <1 fps
  • New Popup Design
  • Popup Settings
  • Backup Function + Settings
  • (Allows to create a backup on load/unload, programm start/exit, to provide a little more security for daily use)
  • Redone all over in Visual Studio 2010
  • alot more, way to much to note it here

Changelog v0.06c
  • New Popup Settings
  • Client will now remember what stash was loaded when the programm was closed and the stash not unloaded. This allows to close the client while ingame and reopen it later on and keep changes that where done in the meantime.
  • Ability to Edit entrys in stash list.
  • Various text changes to context menus.
  • Removed HC Support for this version until proper implementation.

Changelog v0.05
  • Added dynamic Hotkey Support
  • Added Popups to display changes in loaded stashes
  • Fixed various bugs

Last edited by Max1405; 07-26-2016 at 12:51 PM. Reason: http://GDSM.420weedwizard.bplaced.net/ created&added
Old 01-15-2016, 06:57 AM
Initiate

I'd love to test it - does it work instantly or do you need to exit to main menu for the stash to update?
Old 01-15-2016, 08:05 AM
Campaigner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreth View Post
I'd love to test it - does it work instantly or do you need to exit to main menu for the stash to update?
Swapping stash files works instantaneously and that should be the case for this tool, too. Just make sure the stash window is closed when you switch them.
Old 01-15-2016, 12:17 PM
Supporter

Uploaded current version (v0.5)

Please report all crashes, errors or other problems you encouter so i can fix them if possible.

I hope you enjoy!

UPDATE

Added a additional version to support HC.

Last edited by Max1405; 01-15-2016 at 01:51 PM.
Old 01-15-2016, 03:02 PM
Initiate

A few typos:
-Upon creating a new empty stash, the output is "Succes" instead of "Success".
-In the right-click context menu, Add Empty Stash is "Emtpy"

Suggestions:
-It'd be great if you could add a way to reorganize the stash list after you've created them.
-Maybe consolidate the Options=>Add and right-click menu Add Stash wording so both are the same? A minor thing, but it'd look better I think.
Old 01-15-2016, 04:01 PM
Initiate

Great work!

Now I can finally get rid of my armadas of mule characters.

BTW, how do I edit a stash name/description once I've set it?
Old 01-15-2016, 04:15 PM
Counsel

Before I download it I have a stupid question. Transfer files are named transfer.gst. How will I know which transfer file I need? Can I rename them in the program without changing the actual file name?

And another one. Can I place several files in your tool and then keep swapping them on the fly? Like this:

General
1-hand weapons
2-hand weapons
Offhand
etc.
Old 01-15-2016, 04:21 PM
Initiate

You're doing God's work.

Thank you so much for this.
Old 01-15-2016, 04:29 PM
Initiate

This is great!
Old 01-15-2016, 05:51 PM
Supporter

Quote:
A few typos:
-Upon creating a new empty stash, the output is "Succes" instead of "Success".
-In the right-click context menu, Add Empty Stash is "Emtpy"

Suggestions:
-It'd be great if you could add a way to reorganize the stash list after you've created them.
-Maybe consolidate the Options=>Add and right-click menu Add Stash wording so both are the same? A minor thing, but it'd look better I think.
Thanks alot for your feedback, i changed everything acordingly.
The success message was actually mend for debugging reasons, there is no reason to tell you something worked when its directly displayed in a list behind it.

Quote:
It'd be great if you could add a way to reorganize the stash list after you've created them.
Please elaborate, normally the client should remember added stashes and hotkeys. I also added a new function to remember the last loaded stash file and automaticly update it with the one that is currently in the grim dawn save folder to ensure you are able to close the application while gaming and reopen it later on without losing changes that where made while the programm was not running.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerhyce View Post
Great work!

Now I can finally get rid of my armadas of mule characters.

BTW, how do I edit a stash name/description once I've set it?
You cant. Get fucked.
Jokes aside, i added a function called edit in the context menu to allow edits towards entrys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jojask View Post
Before I download it I have a stupid question. Transfer files are named transfer.gst. How will I know which transfer file I need? Can I rename them in the program without changing the actual file name?

And another one. Can I place several files in your tool and then keep swapping them on the fly? Like this:

General
1-hand weapons
2-hand weapons
Offhand
etc.
Uhm, i am not sure if i understood that correctly. The way it works is described in the post. You can add your current Stash (transfer.gst) and all other you might already have created beforehand. If you dont have any that you made beforehand you can just add a empty stash file to your list and name it accordingly to stash stuff in it that you named it after. I hope that clears it up a little.

Changelog v0.6c
- Edit function to allow changes to list entrys
- General text fixes
- New function to remember the last loaded stash file and automaticly update it with the one that is currently in the grim dawn save folder to ensure you are able to close the application while gaming and reopen it later on without losing changes that where made while the programm was not running.
- Ability to modify popup time, location and toggle on/off. (Options->Popup Settings)
Checking final things until release.

Last edited by Max1405; 01-15-2016 at 07:20 PM.

Tags
manager, multiple, programm, stash, tool