Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Ideas and Feedback

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old 10-11-2017, 01:40 AM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snazzblaster View Post
yellow MI's are all over the place. Go to the blood grove, kill some bloodsworn, and turn on your magic filter if you want to find dozens of magic MI's in the span of a few minutes. Bloodsworn pistols, Bloodsworn wands, and Groble idols are all extremely common yellow MI's. Their rare counterparts (Repeaters instead of pistols, Scepters instead of wands, and Effigies instead of idols) are usually green though.
Strictly speaking, the term 'MI' only refers to the Rare variants.

The point is moot for GDX content, as new base-MIs will only appear as Rares. The common variety is nonexistent for them.
  This is the last staff post in this thread.   #12  
Old 10-11-2017, 01:51 AM
Crate Employee - Designer

As I mentioned in a Stream, and somebody above paraphrased, I do not think another color is the best solution for this. Not to mention colors aren't exactly color-blind friendly and it's bad enough already in that regard as it is.

If we get around to addressing this, I think another solution is necessary, possibly as an additional symbol in the item name on the ground.
Old 10-11-2017, 02:59 AM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zantai View Post
As I mentioned in a Stream, and somebody above paraphrased, I do not think another color is the best solution for this. Not to mention colors aren't exactly color-blind friendly and it's bad enough already in that regard as it is.

If we get around to addressing this, I think another solution is necessary, possibly as an additional symbol in the item name on the ground.
I think this would be a great solution. The question is what symbol? My thought is maybe underlining the item's named. That would be simple, and clearly noticeable.
Old 10-11-2017, 10:29 PM
Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zantai View Post

Makes sense. Something wold be cool though as they are unique in their way so highlighting them makes it more fun to find one.
Old 10-11-2017, 10:41 PM
Herald

This reminds me back on D2 when we were modding items, we couldn't get a new color to look decent, so we tried using bold on the name and it made it stand out, while not looking radically different.

Have the devs looked into maybe just keeping the color but using bold letters for the MIs?
Old 10-11-2017, 10:49 PM
Counsel

Or just say "MI" at the end of the name?
Old 10-12-2017, 09:00 PM
Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudius View Post
Or just say "MI" at the end of the name?
There's no point in that as the MIs are easily recognizable by their names. People are just wanting something to make them visually unique at first glance like a bright orange or something.
Old 10-12-2017, 09:53 PM
Counsel

Stg how are they recognizable by their names? By memorizing names from experience and reading Graceful Dusk? Maybe it's just because I have aged but I found Titan Quest MIs a lot easier to learn than Grim Dawn. And I do have a lot of game hours in GD. I guess it's just how my brain has aged and worn down?

Also at least in TQ there were maybe 3 classes of MI: possible best in slot like stone binders cuffs, MI that might not have good stats really but is an actual MI, and items that drop from monster types like jackals but they don't actually have any modifiers other than armor value from the type of item.

What I want is for 'good item' MIs to be identifiable and I guess if color is not an option then maybe: symbol, font, "MI" etc.. It doesn't have to be a best in slot possibility but it should have enough mods that it is worth noticing when you find one.

Last edited by claudius; 10-12-2017 at 09:59 PM.
Old 10-12-2017, 09:59 PM
Supporter

as i said it before: a little star like champions behind the name
Old 10-13-2017, 02:15 AM
Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudius View Post
Stg how are they recognizable by their names?
Because MIs are the only one with actual enemy names in the titles... I don't know what Graceful Dusk is and it's extremely easy to tell the MIs from random gear on the ground.

Unless you're not paying attention to the heroes you're fighting, it should be pretty easy to tell them apart.

Tags
itemization, loot, user interface