Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Community Section > General Discussion

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old 05-20-2015, 02:19 AM
Counsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by bankaikiller View Post
It's like rolling a million sided dice, and seeing the out come
if the some of the dices sides were missing and the rest shaved.

Most games that do random drops somehow construct a list of all possible drops and form it into a loot pool. The different drops all have different weights (chances of actually dropping). It usually goes through the list and rolls a die on each item. Then stops at the one that comes up winner.

That is my understanding of drops. Though your analogy adds up to the same thing.
Old 05-20-2015, 02:32 AM
Supporter

Im actually quite happy with how its setup with GD i know the ranges and can work off that somewhat. It could be much worse (POE) nothing pissed me off more then rolling up a good 78 map and finishing with a piece of shit lvl 8 Unique item to show for it.
Old 05-22-2015, 05:08 AM
Herald

Not trying to detract from the discussion you fellows are having, but are Soiled Trousers really rare? I've seen them mentioned a few times since I've started visiting this forum and they are always referenced in a manner as if they are extremely rare.

I have two of them.
Old 05-22-2015, 05:46 AM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrrdinn View Post
Im actually quite happy with how its setup with GD i know the ranges and can work off that somewhat. It could be much worse (POE) nothing pissed me off more then rolling up a good 78 map and finishing with a piece of shit lvl 8 Unique item to show for it.
So...pretty much the Steps of Torment? (Getting level 20-30 epics from the 5F loot chests vs 45+ monsters? Priceless. If of course you don't count the price of a damn Skeleton Key. This is why I don't like that place.)
Old 12-22-2015, 08:55 PM
Acolyte

Wink

Quote:
Drops are entirely random. And that's final. It's like rolling a million sided dice, and seeing the out come, so don't be surprised if you never get a soiled trouser drop, or insignia of justice.

Also to remember. Boss chests will always net you an epic item of randomness.

Why is it so hard for these humans on the forum to understand? You roll a dice, and that's what you get. The only difference is the game has a bigger, virtual dice then a measely 6 sided one found in real life. More gear equals more numbers = more time it takes to roll the virtual dice, and aquire gear of variation. I have every recipe, and every blue item, and every component. Total time

1800 hours. So no shit people who have only invested half the time and less, are complaining because they haven't found a particular drop yet.

Not entirely true, your explanation of the drop system is far to vague, but I love the rage
Old 12-22-2015, 09:23 PM
Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stg View Post
Not trying to detract from the discussion you fellows are having, but are Soiled Trousers really rare? I've seen them mentioned a few times since I've started visiting this forum and they are always referenced in a manner as if they are extremely rare.

I have two of them.

I heard the drop rate for Soiled Trousers is...

( ∙_∙)

( ∙_∙)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

Pretty shitty.
Old 12-22-2015, 10:48 PM
Advocate

Quote:
Drops are entirely random. And that's final.
get back at me if you can explain how to get a real random outcome on a machine that is based on distinct states: 0 and 1.
(note: i'm not complaining about drops. )

Last edited by durruti; 12-22-2015 at 10:51 PM.
Old 12-22-2015, 11:07 PM
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeilua View Post
So...pretty much the Steps of Torment? (Getting level 20-30 epics from the 5F loot chests vs 45+ monsters? Priceless. If of course you don't count the price of a damn Skeleton Key. This is why I don't like that place.)
Was this a thing? I know this is an old post but I really hate that crap. Glad PoE was mentioned since I've really come to dislike the game. Nothing pissed me off more than when you saw that awesome unique drop animation and got a piece of shit lvl 10 unique in a late game map. Then again, 95% of all uniques in that game are pretty much garbage anyway.

Never had anything like that happen in GD (played since B25/26). Funnily enough, nowadays I actually want some lower level stuff to drop. I've gotten so many damn Eastern Gloves and other 58-66 epics that I just vendor them for iron now. It would be nice to get some more 45-50 epics though... the only one I seem to get is Razorleaf Glaive (got like 6 of them farming with level 60 chars).
Old 12-23-2015, 12:06 AM
Praetorian

I would suggest not replying to a thread that is over 6-7 months old.

I suppose troll necromancers are indeed a thing. Rather scary.
Old 12-23-2015, 01:22 AM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeMasked View Post
I would suggest not replying to a thread that is over 6-7 months old.

I suppose troll necromancers are indeed a thing. Rather scary.

Welp once you go down the troll necro path, forever will it dominate your destiny (and you get dental).

Last edited by Avadon; 12-23-2015 at 01:26 AM.
Closed Thread

Tags
loot