Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Developer Section > Development Updates

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old 02-10-2018, 01:15 AM
Apostle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dioarchet View Post
It doesn't seem logical to me.
Zantai's statement was a joke.
Old 02-12-2018, 03:10 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zantai View Post
... major changes to treasure chest loot tables that should result in significantly less items dropping, but more of those items being of Rare quality or higher.
Hello, noob here. Quick question ... currently I get most of my iron by selling "those items". Will the sell value of the higher quality items balance out for the lack of quantity? Just reached "Honored" status with a few factions and spent most of my iron. I also just finished normal mode and I fear i'll be spending even more when I start elite.

V/R

Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #123  
Old 02-12-2018, 03:19 PM
Crate Employee - Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by StickyMucus View Post
Hello, noob here. Quick question ... currently I get most of my iron by selling "those items". Will the sell value of the higher quality items balance out for the lack of quantity? Just reached "Honored" status with a few factions and spent most of my iron. I also just finished normal mode and I fear i'll be spending even more when I start elite.

V/R

You will probably make close to if not more iron bits since Rare items sell for substantially more than Magical items.
Old 02-12-2018, 03:45 PM
Initiate

Awesome! Thanks for the swift reply. Game on!
Old 02-12-2018, 09:56 PM
Counsel

does the change in crucible mean we will be able to pick what map we want ?
Old 02-13-2018, 06:58 AM
Super Moderator

No. Devs have already said it would require a new UI. Zantai's opening post here said "tuning pass to the Crucible" so no other changes.
Old 02-16-2018, 02:38 PM
Campaigner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil_Baka View Post
An issue everyone overlooks with a second expansion is how the game will work if someone buys this hypothetical 2nd expansion but does not buy Ashes of Malmouth or does so at a later date

I think how Crate handled Ashes of Malmouth should be similar to how they handle a hypothetical second expansion - once you beat the Loghorrean, you are free to continue on to Elite or Ultimate or tackle the expansion stories individually and all the content that comes with them. You do not have to go through Ashes of Malmouth's or the 2nd expansion's content unless there is something from either expansion that you want (such as faction augments) or a Boss you want to fight (like Reaper of the Lost) nor do you need to tackle Ashes of Malmouth to gain entry to the 2nd expansion's content.

I do think they should limit quests that reward skill points like "The Other You" though as it is currently mandatory that characters play through Ashes of Malmouth on Ultimate to almost the very end to access every skill point. Or just have a quest like this earlier on than the one I referenced.

Frankly, I disagree. It was annoying for me when I beat Theodin Marcell with my brand new character, moved on to Elite, and found I was getting barely any XP or items my level because enemies were well under my level. It wasn't until after Four Hills that things kinda-sorta evened out.
I understand why this choice was made, of course, a developer cannot just assume everyone will buy their expansion. I just wish it could be be programmed in the code somehow for the game to assign monster levels per area in a way that it takes into account whether you have the expansion, or whether you haven't.
I forgot how this was with Titan Quest, as I only bought the game after the Immortal Throne expansion was already out.
  This is the last staff post in this thread.   #128  
Old 02-16-2018, 03:15 PM
Crate Employee - Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB_Shockwave View Post
Frankly, I disagree. It was annoying for me when I beat Theodin Marcell with my brand new character, moved on to Elite, and found I was getting barely any XP or items my level because enemies were well under my level. It wasn't until after Four Hills that things kinda-sorta evened out.
I understand why this choice was made, of course, a developer cannot just assume everyone will buy their expansion. I just wish it could be be programmed in the code somehow for the game to assign monster levels per area in a way that it takes into account whether you have the expansion, or whether you haven't.
I forgot how this was with Titan Quest, as I only bought the game after the Immortal Throne expansion was already out.
It does...

There are still ranges though. What level were you when you moved to Elite?
Old 02-16-2018, 03:42 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB_Shockwave View Post
There was and still is no option to not do the expansion/s in TQIT/AE. You had/have to go straight into the expansion/s assuming you're playing from the start. If you've already gone into Epic then no need to go back to Normal for the expansion/s, but when you reach the end of Act 3 Epic you then move into Act 4 for IT/AE and then, if you have it, into Act 5 Ragnarök before you can start Legendary. Only way around it would be to use GDDefiler to open all the portals up in all the Acts and I'm not sure that function is available yet.
Old 02-18-2018, 10:59 AM
Initiate

Default need time!

when will the next version updating?

Tags
grim misadventure