Old 09-01-2015, 10:52 PM
Herald

I found the weapon very underwhelming damage wise for a 50 epic. A 2H mace I crafted at level 41 has a base range of 58-412 physical 0% piercing while the Glaive has 174-205 with 50% piercing and is level 50.

In my cunning based 2H Savagery Warder, the Glaive does 1800+ less dps than my crafted mace (Tyrant's/Alacrity). For comparison, Alvarick's Rebuke (the level 40 lightning 2H shaman mace) is less of a dps loss and this is a cunning build!

2 of its stats (the bleed and the health regen) are basically wasted whereas on a crafted piece with halfway decent affixes they'd be flat damage and a % damage stat. The +stats is great but I don't think it will make up the damage difference (few more levels to 50 to test).

Last edited by Marcus; 09-01-2015 at 10:57 PM.
Old 09-02-2015, 12:34 AM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eralduspr View Post
I was about to edit my previous post to add a possible combination of Savagery and LG instead of Primal Strike. Like this: http://grimcalc.com/build/SaGl4H

I forgot it causes Bleed on hit too
Welp, I tried playing with Savagery and LG for a while and... turns out it didn't worked as I expected it would...

I've just realized that Savaregy charges boosts the weapon damage , not the damage of the skills in general. As LG doesn't gets more weapon damage from more skill points invested on it and only the Cold damage will increase, all it gets from Savagery charges is a small and barely noticeable buff...

-Lokkar, master of the Crucible

"Stand still so I can—Feel my wrath!"

-Warden Krieg

Last edited by eralduspr; 09-02-2015 at 01:31 AM.
Old 09-02-2015, 12:50 AM
Counsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
I found the weapon very underwhelming damage wise for a 50 epic. A 2H mace I crafted at level 41 has a base range of 58-412 physical 0% piercing while the Glaive has 174-205 with 50% piercing and is level 50.

In my cunning based 2H Savagery Warder, the Glaive does 1800+ less dps than my crafted mace (Tyrant's/Alacrity). For comparison, Alvarick's Rebuke (the level 40 lightning 2H shaman mace) is less of a dps loss and this is a cunning build!

2 of its stats (the bleed and the health regen) are basically wasted whereas on a crafted piece with halfway decent affixes they'd be flat damage and a % damage stat. The +stats is great but I don't think it will make up the damage difference (few more levels to 50 to test).
It's not fair to the Glaive to compare it to Tyrans of Alacrity. Fairly mediocre epic vs. basically best in slot green etc.
Old 09-02-2015, 01:29 AM
Campaigner

Quote:
Originally Posted by too View Post
It's not fair to the Glaive to compare it to Tyrans of Alacrity. Fairly mediocre epic vs. basically best in slot green etc.
The difference between the two is horrendous. He is comparing a level 50 epic to a 41 rare with two affixes. This is the problem with crafting where it encourages people to keep doing it. A lot of epic weapons should be better in general. A double affix rare should be better than an epic, but by a much smaller margin than it is currently.
Old 09-02-2015, 01:39 AM
Counsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amonthar View Post
The difference between the two is horrendous. He is comparing a level 50 epic to a 41 rare with two affixes. This is the problem with crafting where it encourages people to keep doing it. A lot of epic weapons should be better in general. A double affix rare should be better than an epic, but by a much smaller margin than it is currently.
I'm curious to see how they go about making Legendaries live up to the name. I will be sad if they are beaten by double greens
Old 09-02-2015, 01:57 AM
Counsel

Quote:
I don't agree. People with their duping and hacking are making double affixes seem more attainable than they legitmately are. A double affix should be spectacular because realistically you're going to find a handful in your whole career unless you work very, very hard to get some. All these people posting builds with almost every slot having BiS affixes, I wonder how much have been legit found by them, or even legit traded.
Old 09-02-2015, 02:08 AM
Lord Advocate

You are comparing a 2h sword to a 2h mace. Of course the mace does more base damage that's how they work.
Old 09-02-2015, 02:12 AM
Campaigner

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfbistimg View Post
You are comparing a 2h sword to a 2h mace. Of course the mace does more base damage that's how they work.
I did not even look at that. Usually epic weapons can be blown away by a double affix green. I just feel that it should be a little less of a gap.
Old 09-02-2015, 03:30 AM
Herald

Quote:
I did not even look at that. Usually epic weapons can be blown away by a double affix green. I just feel that it should be a little less of a gap.
Agreed, the Epic is 10 levels higher and is beaten by any craftable green with cunning-based affixes (doesn't need the best). Right now the only way to get anything out of crafting is to dup, so that should be taken into account and the gap shouldn't be as large between epics and crafted items. I'd be all for nerfing crafted items but making them require duping less (less RNG) but right now there's no reason to go after epics like this one.

I wasn't just comparing base damage, my total dps goes down by 1900 with the Glaive and I have a pure cunning build which would be ideal for taking advantage of any large pierce coefficient, or at least not be damaged by as much by it.

Last edited by Marcus; 09-02-2015 at 03:32 AM.
Old 09-02-2015, 03:33 AM
Lord Advocate

The reason you would use that weapon is if you wanted to do a pierce build. You can convert 75% of the physical damage to pierce. Which gives you a really great pierce base to start. Ceno is right the +1 to shaman needs to be replaced with either +2 ring of steel or +1 to nightblade
Closed Thread

Tags
itemization, piercing conversion, razorleaf glaive