Old 10-11-2018, 08:13 PM
Praetorian

On my wishlist, but glad I didn't get it, probably should remove it, if its now dead in the water.

Co-op Digital Deluxe Bundle supporter I hope GD is a success
Old 10-11-2018, 11:25 PM
Counsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avyctes View Post
This now shows all the signs of failure. Delayed deadlines, feature creep, message from the ceo of the company to reassure people, team size growth probably funded by debt... yeah I'm so glad I did not pay for this. Honestly it's showing signs of a ponzi scheme, likely unintentional but still, that's alarming.
Yeah, the "we decided to start over, completely" is very disconcerting...
Old 10-12-2018, 02:01 AM
Speaker

I'm never a fan of people preemptively declaring games dead, it always seem like people delighting in others failures and I doubt the devs are feeling great about watching their dreams die, (and already put up with so much crap from us gamers) but even I had to roll my eyes at the CEO update 1 day before a promised release.

Even their messaging wasn't great. you should always be upfront and honest about asking for favors/delivering bad news. Then after you have it out in the open (beta has been delayed guys) try to make it sound better (but only for a few days) or justify it (adding so much cool stuff). Instead they lead off with a little cutesy joke (i have a crazy french accent!!! hahaha!!!!!) which just comes across as insulting to the readers intelligence. (I think we all knew what this message was going to be when it came 1 day before a promised release.)

I haven't bought this yet as I've been burned by EA, but I have been following since it was called Umbra, (which is a pretty big red flag itself) and will continue to keep tabs on it. But based on the vague jargon about creating an 'entire world' rather than a game, the vague excuse of 'unexpected issues', and the vague promise of 'providing the best possible experience' I won't be holding my breath.

But still wish them the best of luck going forward and maybe they can pull a rabbit out of a hat with a great game. their screenshots and gameplay videos have looked gorgeous, I think we can all give them that.
Old 10-12-2018, 02:06 AM
Supporter

I feel like i was baited , waiting so long and the game is not really started/finished over 3 years .

I wish them success by the way but they need to respect people hope and invest.

Last edited by Lony97; 10-12-2018 at 11:31 AM.
Old 10-14-2018, 01:28 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirePenguin View Post
I already mentioned that GD did it properly. Wolcen got too bogged down in polishing something that wasn't ready for polish. There's playable, and then there's catering to every complaint made by your EA players about skill balance, loot drops, not enough content, etc.
lol. I guess you haven't been following the development then. They haven't catered to anything the community has ever said. They spent 3 years ignoring the fact that we existed. It took massive complaining just to get them to write a news update more than once every 3 months.
Old 10-15-2018, 12:24 AM
Counsel

I could be wrong, but the news updates were quite frequent IMO, you can go check the archives in the steam forums
Old 10-15-2018, 01:00 AM
Counsel

looking good!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mD3SZ5gy-YI
Old 10-15-2018, 01:10 AM
Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolColJ View Post
Oh great yet another fucking video. Finish the fucken game before you make videos about how it works!

Just saying.
Old 10-15-2018, 01:29 AM
Counsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsuelue View Post
Oh great yet another fucking video. Finish the fucken game before you make videos about how it works!

Just saying.
It's an announcement, so you have people complaining about no communication, and you others complaining about communication..
Old 10-15-2018, 07:21 AM
Campaigner

Wolcen no doubt looks good. I cant wait to play this game hopefully before 2030