Old 10-11-2018, 05:35 PM
Praetorian

First and foremost, there are no guarantees that everything will work properly without AoM. Grimarilliom does not support vanilla, it's impossible to support both properly for us as modders.

Anyway, just to make sure it's not an installation issue.. In-game you should also see a version number, what version does it say? Where did you install the mod to? If you can, show me a picture of the folder where the mod is installed. Then show me the contents of each mod folder.
Old 10-11-2018, 06:26 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASYLUM101 View Post
First and foremost, there are no guarantees that everything will work properly without AoM. Grimarilliom does not support vanilla, it's impossible to support both properly for us as modders.
Thanks. Used this as a "push" to purchase Aom and Crucible DLC. Thought part of the problem would be having only the vanilla version. Excited to have the new content.

This did resolve my issue with the stash. It looks great!

However, I do still have the problem with "tagnotfound" on the main menu screen for my character and the checkerboard issue with spear-types items (Angons, Pilums, Framea, etc.). I verified the game files via the Steam interface, but that did not resolve.

Quote:
Anyway, just to make sure it's not an installation issue.. In-game you should also see a version number, what version does it say? Where did you install the mod to? If you can, show me a picture of the folder where the mod is installed. Then show me the contents of each mod folder.
Version # is v62a. I believe this is the latest version(?).

Below are the folder pics you requested.

Thanks for the help! I really appreciate it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	grimarillion.PNG
Views:	21
Size:	26.9 KB
ID:	19848   Click image for larger version

Name:	grimarilliondb.PNG
Views:	16
Size:	28.3 KB
ID:	19849   Click image for larger version

Name:	grimarillionres.PNG
Views:	27
Size:	60.4 KB
ID:	19850  
Old 10-11-2018, 06:56 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurdleyMcGirt View Post
Thanks. Used this as a "push" to purchase Aom and Crucible DLC. Thought part of the problem would be having only the vanilla version. Excited to have the new content.

This did resolve my issue with the stash. It looks great!

However, I do still have the problem with "tagnotfound" on the main menu screen for my character and the checkerboard issue with spear-types items (Angons, Pilums, Framea, etc.). I verified the game files via the Steam interface, but that did not resolve.

Version # is v62a. I believe this is the latest version(?).

Below are the folder pics you requested.

Thanks for the help! I really appreciate it.
Not sure about the spears as they work fine by me but the character tagnotfound usually happens when you first start up.When you load your character and quit to main menu it will give the correct name
Old 10-11-2018, 07:04 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
Not sure about the spears as they work fine by me but the character tagnotfound usually happens when you first start up.When you load your character and quit to main menu it will give the correct name
The tagnotfound error corrected itself as you said it would. I started a new character and will play into the game to find some spears. I think this may also self-resolve. Fingers crossed. Again - thank you.

UPDATE: Did not work. Thinking about fresh install of everything - or just never using spears. LOL

Last edited by TurdleyMcGirt; 10-11-2018 at 07:27 PM.
Old 10-11-2018, 10:18 PM
Praetorian

Very strange, yeah I dunno what could be wrong. Are you playing Ungrim or Grimarillion? I don't see that either one could be different but who knows at this point.
Old 10-11-2018, 11:27 PM
Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilzlegend View Post
With all of the classes offered in Grimillion I would love to see a thread dedicated to any builds players create for it. Make the first "Custom Game" Build Compendium.
Quote:
Yeah, I've seen a few requests for such a thing on the Grim Dawn Mod channel in discord, so it's probably a good idea.
Cool, I'll see what I can come up with. This is what I've done so far and what I plan to do:
  • I leveled a legit character from 0-100, gathering enough devotion shrines in Veteran + Elite AoM that I could get 55 Devotion Points before choosing between Kymon's and Death Vigil in Ultimate
  • I left my legit character in Homestead right before you choose which faction to join. From there I split off between a Kymon's character and a Death's Vigil character to take through the rest of Ultimate and do the quests.
  • I went with the Death's Vigil character first because I wanted to test out the Skeleton triage (Necro, D3 Necro, and Spirit) and obviously they'd have no purpose with the Kymon brothers.
  • I typically run Fabius, Iron Maiden, Mad Queen and Sentinel to test a build's viability. If Grimarillion has any special surprises that would make other areas more worth testing out, I'll take my characters through there and see how they do (I hear the rogue dungeons have multiple bosses for oodles of fun).
  • I've tested a few Nature class ideas just to gauge their relative power - Nature works with pretty much anything since it's practically a solo pet class, but only the most powerful ones will go through the gauntlet. I have yet to finish Ultimate through the Kymon's side, but I'm tagging my D3 Witch Doctor to go that route.

I will have to figure out a way to make the presentation clean for everyone as there is no Grimtools functionality. My plan is to provide pictures for character stats and class choices / skills, comment on the equipment choices, then use Grimtools for the devotions since devotions are hard to stick to an image.

I don't have an ETA at the moment, but once I get my Kymon's character finished up with Log, I'll start gathering the images necessary to get a compendium going.
NOTE: All builds that I post are directly created with GDStash (all valid prefix/suffix combos) for the purpose of testing and demonstrating what is possible. I used to have a legit character used for trading before the expansion, but I have not used him since AoM was released.

Open to any PMs from those interested in playing pet builds.

Currently playing: Grimarillion (first legit, then TAS)
Old 10-11-2018, 11:31 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
I typically run Fabius, Iron Maiden, Mad Queen and Sentinel to test a build's viability. If Grimarillion has any special surprises that would make other areas more worth testing out, I'll take my characters through there and see how they do (I hear the rogue dungeons have multiple bosses for oodles of fun).
Well aside from the typical random Grimmest bosses ("this monster has no name", depravities, etc), there was supposed to be one other "secret" enemy but I don't think he's spawning properly as a nemesis. Should be an undead nemesis, but aside from him there are no other surprises.
Old 10-12-2018, 03:10 AM
Initiate

Quote:
Very strange, yeah I dunno what could be wrong. Are you playing Ungrim or Grimarillion? I don't see that either one could be different but who knows at this point.
Grimarillion. It is an odd thing. I did a clean install of everything and turned off Steam Cloud sync to see if playing the mod with AoM had corrupted a file and it still persists. A head-scratcher, but I'm sure I've got some obscure setting bassackwards.
Old 10-13-2018, 01:42 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Update: I did try playing my character in Ungrim and it resolved the spear issue. When I go back to Grimarillion the spear issue is there. Not sure if there is a bug or something, but just as an FYI. Strangely - it does make a difference.

Also - I notice in Grimarillion that the vendors do not sell spears. In Ungrim they do.
Old 10-14-2018, 02:00 AM
Herald

v62a: The display of the merchant's components in two places is strange.
  1. Vinelton at Feral Thicket in Ancient Grove
  2. Hyram at Malmouth Steelcap District
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	v62_merchant 01.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	45.3 KB
ID:	19861   Click image for larger version

Name:	v62_merchant 02.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	40.3 KB
ID:	19862   Click image for larger version