Old 10-09-2018, 05:04 PM
Initiate

Post First Character Experiences

So on my first character I chose Shaman as my mastery, because.. 2hand and lightning stuff. Then, at level 10 I chose demolitionist as my second mastery, because I found the passage in lower crossing, where the hidden path starts (found that out on my second character) and you need dynamite to open it.

Spoiler: Demolitionists can't open those passages, although they have access to explosives. (I literally tried to break the wall with BWC, Granado and Canister Bomb for 15 minutes)

I then procceded to put 1-5 points into everything, needed both skill-bars for my active skills and never touched toggled stuff like mogdrogen's pact or flame touched. (I thought those would drain my energy like toggled spells in LoL do)

Conclusion: I hit a wall in Veteran Ugdenbog, because I didn't ever bothered patching resists and just took the stuff that did damage.

Please share your own experiences with your first character (if you still remember )

P. S. Devotions lol almost every t1 devotion, falcon on a lightning build and stuff.
Old 10-09-2018, 05:27 PM
Praetorian

My first character was Kenji, a Witchblade (started with Soldier) all the way back in July 2013! I liked the idea of adding dark magic damage to basic attacks so I maxed Solael's Witchfire, Markovian's, Zolhan's, and Will to Live (now called Menhir's Will or something). I can remember finding my first Epic item in the Warden's Lab, the Madness sword! It was perfect for my Witchblade character!

The strongest enemy at the time was Gutworm, so after my Witchblade reached the level cap of 25 I farmed that boss a bunch for the loot chest. Those were fun times...

Ended up having to delete Kenji because his build wasn't very good, but I've since remade him into a Blade Arc Witchblade...which is working out pretty well thus far.

Last edited by Xeilua; 10-09-2018 at 05:30 PM.
Old 10-09-2018, 05:48 PM
Super Moderator

Gosh a while ago now, but I'm pretty sure my first was a Soldier, this would be back when we first had early access in 2013. Since I'd really only played Titan Quest Immortal Throne as far as RPGs went and I'd played a Conqueror as a first toon in that and enjoyed it I picked what I thought would be the tankiest mastery out of the initial 3: Occultist and Demolitionist being the other 2. Can't remember how far he got to now, but I think he was still hanging around on my playlist at B25 update. Never got out of Normal iirc, but then few of my characters ever do.
Mysterious as the dark side of the moon.
Old 10-09-2018, 05:57 PM
Herald

I think my first was a 2h firestrike ranged pyromancer. If i remember correctly i messed up with stats and he was squishy. Devotions...there were no devotions back then. He was named Solomon Kane 😊
Old 10-09-2018, 06:09 PM
Super Moderator

Yeah, devotions were probably no more than a twinkle in Zantai's eye, if that back then.
Old 10-09-2018, 07:15 PM
Champion

lvl 25 Demo with all item slots filled with flat fire dmg
Old 10-11-2018, 07:03 PM
Initiate

My first character was an absolute disaster. Reaper with Shadow Strike and Bone Harvest and a rushed Leviathan constellation. Had uncapped resists all the way through elite and no recovery aside from a maxed Blade Barrier and health tonics.

Some day I'll fully respec him into something I want, but for now he's just a legendary mule/Order of Death's Vigil mandate buyer.
Old 10-12-2018, 08:24 PM
Counsel

AAR Sorcerer. I couldn't even finish veteran I made all the classic mistakes, stacked only +% damage, spent all my points in spirit, ignored the mastery bar, didn't use components or augments, etc.

I learned a lot from that character, mostly how not to do all these things.
Old 10-12-2018, 08:27 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
AAR Sorcerer. I couldn't even finish veteran I made all the classic mistakes, stacked only +% damage, spent all my points in spirit, ignored the mastery bar, didn't use components or augments, etc.

I learned a lot from that character, mostly how not to do all these things.
Sounds exactly like what first characters are for.
Old 10-12-2018, 09:00 PM
Praetorian

I dunno about first character, since I've played on and off since 2013, but just last night I went into BoC, opened the door with my Skeleton Key, rotated my camera, ran forward (the way I just came) and the door closed.

It was my last Skeleton Key.

Kickstarter Contributor - Hoarder's Edition - 5/2/2012