Old 10-17-2018, 11:27 AM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kain2233 View Post
can this tool be used to edit what quests you have completed ?
i fucked up my chars quest progression (and i was having the time of my life playing too, had just gotten to fort ikon) anyways...

i really wanna put my char back to exactly where he was at fort ikon and continue doing the quests and complete the game that way, i fucked up trying to add 2 weapons (i just wanted to get 2 cool looking swords for my char using GD stash) and it completely fucked up my quests putting me back in devils crossing, any help is greatly appreciated...

maybe someone have a char that is at fort ikon and could give me thier save file??
Quest progress is not saved in the char file, so I doubt the tool can do this.

Are you using cloud save ? If so, only make changes while GD is not running. I assume you do because this kind of thing never happens with local saves (as quest progress is stored in a file GD Stash does not even read, let alone write, this must have been cloud save).
Old 10-17-2018, 12:37 PM
Counsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kain2233 View Post
can this tool be used to edit what quests you have completed ?
i fucked up my chars quest progression (and i was having the time of my life playing too, had just gotten to fort ikon) anyways...

i really wanna put my char back to exactly where he was at fort ikon and continue doing the quests and complete the game that way, i fucked up trying to add 2 weapons (i just wanted to get 2 cool looking swords for my char using GD stash) and it completely fucked up my quests putting me back in devils crossing, any help is greatly appreciated...

maybe someone have a char that is at fort ikon and could give me thier save file??
Unfortunately, this tool does not let you edit quest progress. =( There was an attempt to do this some time ago, but it looked a little too complicated after some investigation.

Anyway, Iím pretty sure GD stash makes backups of your character when it makes changes to it. You might want to look in your save directory and just manually revert to the last backup.
Old 10-17-2018, 02:30 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odie View Post
Anyway, Iím pretty sure GD stash makes backups of your character when it makes changes to it. You might want to look in your save directory and just manually revert to the last backup.
it makes backup of the char file it changes, not of the entire dir, so the quest progress is not backed up
Old 10-17-2018, 04:09 PM
Counsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamba View Post
it makes backup of the char file it changes, not of the entire dir, so the quest progress is not backed up
Right. Since quest progress is stored separately, itís very strange that generating items caused quest progress to reset, then?

Tags
editor, save file