Old 03-20-2017, 09:21 AM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nssheepster View Post
I could swear we've been told that it is not, in any way, called a Necromancer.
Don't forget (and this is just my pet theory/guess) that the necromancers in Grim Dawn are called Reanimators, which we have definitely met
Old 03-20-2017, 10:16 AM
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaknet View Post
Don't forget (and this is just my pet theory/guess) that the necromancers in Grim Dawn are called Reanimators, which we have definitely met
There are Necromancers (Death Vigil) and Reanimators (Aetherials).
Being a Necromancer is more doable than being a Reanimator.
Old 03-20-2017, 04:18 PM
Counsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceXavieR View Post
<medusa>
Return of the Stonebinder's Cuffs!
Old 03-20-2017, 11:21 PM
Speaker

really cool with the new masterie but i want the release date.. maybe a pre-order? i dont understand the marketing
Old 03-21-2017, 07:57 AM
Initiate

I like the Necromancer class but I really wanted some Warrior like class, guess we'll have to test that "Death Knight"
Old 03-21-2017, 08:16 AM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by innoruuk View Post
maybe a pre-order? i dont understand the marketing
Pre-order has been available for years on the Buy Now tab here at the top of this site, I've already pre-paid and ordered the expansion years ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockAli View Post
I like the Necromancer class but I really wanted some Warrior like class, guess we'll have to test that "Death Knight"
What you mean like another soldier class ?
Old 03-21-2017, 11:45 PM
Praetorian

So anyone got any build ideas after watching the stream this week? That inquisitor exclusive that reduces elemental resist, coupled with nights chill will utterly destroy cold resist
Old 03-22-2017, 08:53 PM
Initiate

Quote:
So anyone got any build ideas after watching the stream this week? That inquisitor exclusive that reduces elemental resist, coupled with nights chill will utterly destroy cold resist
Seeing that the Skeletons do physical Dmg (sadly the modifiers transform that to vitality) a physical pet build with the thornhorror came to my mind.
The Aoe Lifedrain also suits both vitality Shamans and Occultist thematically very well. I am currently reliant on PBs as a Spamable ability and they are kindoff .. unimpressive.

What i fear about the necromancer and the inquistor specifically is a lack of support for physical melee fighters that try to inflict Bleed- or Pierce-Dmg.

I also expected some kind of easy-to-access passive on one of the classes, that grant some defensive stats for non-shield users. 2H and Dualwield of course rock their dmg, but they are much to easy to pop in tight situations like crucible or Valbury arenas.

But what do we now ? there are still some blank spots in the masteries we haven't seen yet.
Old 03-23-2017, 08:08 AM
Campaigner

Quote:
Originally Posted by the8anarchist View Post
Well, Purifier is obvious, with Fire\Lightning support. Ranged. Great synergy in all fields.

I also want to try Sentinel, utilizing Cadence elemental conversion and playing it like a Paladin with Word of Renewal.
Old 03-23-2017, 09:30 AM
Advocate

Quote:
o anyone got any build ideas after watching the stream this week? That inquisitor exclusive that reduces elemental resist, coupled with nights chill will utterly destroy cold resist
Cant wait for expansion to happen :why: I just want to burn creeps to ashes with Purifier. I hope he get some sustain in mastery.

Tags
animations, expansion