Old 07-19-2018, 09:55 PM
Acolyte

This is great, thanks for all the hard work
Old 08-04-2018, 12:33 PM
Praetorian

Update:
  • Added Korean and Polish translations.

On a side note offline/desktop version is ready, but I don't want to release it in its current state because it weighs a lot (250 mb) as each translation has its own map images for area names and level limit layers :/ Perhaps I should bundle only one translation and provide executable for each supported language, I'll figure something out.
Old 08-30-2018, 12:58 PM
Initiate

This is such a fantastic resource. You're killing it over here, Dammitt.

One thing though:

Any plans of providing links from the map to the monster database, or the reverse? Perhaps a list on the right of an area map that has links to various enemies that take you straight to the database? I was wondering because it would be helpful to organize enemies by area locations. Was thinking maybe because the locations are already present in the monster database there would be a way to link them together for quick access and organization purposes.

Either way, keep up the excellent work. This really is an amazing tool.
Old 08-30-2018, 06:38 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lykre View Post
Any plans of providing links from the map to the monster database, or the reverse? Perhaps a list on the right of an area map that has links to various enemies that take you straight to the database? I was wondering because it would be helpful to organize enemies by area locations. Was thinking maybe because the locations are already present in the monster database there would be a way to link them together for quick access and organization purposes.
This is already implemented. In the map you can click on any monster and a popup will show up, if you click on monster name there, you'll be redirected to monster db page for that monster. Same goes for item links in shrine popups.
As for the monster db, if you open tab "Spawn locations" there, you'll find a link to the map in the top of that tab content.
Old 08-30-2018, 09:27 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dammitt View Post
This is already implemented. In the map you can click on any monster and a popup will show up, if you click on monster name there, you'll be redirected to monster db page for that monster. Same goes for item links in shrine popups.
As for the monster db, if you open tab "Spawn locations" there, you'll find a link to the map in the top of that tab content.
I apologize, but I still don't see it. Is it only for Notable Enemies? Sorry if there's something I'm missing.
Old 08-30-2018, 10:09 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lykre View Post
I apologize, but I still don't see it. Is it only for Notable Enemies? Sorry if there's something I'm missing.
Ah, you meant all enemies. That's not gonna happen, as I've stated earlier, because:
Quote:
random hero tier enemies will never be added since there are ~40k spawns for them, same goes for random champion tier mobs (~60k).
This can happen because most of them can be spawned pretty randomly via proxies and they can have literally hundreds of spawn points. If I add all of them, this will mean several mb data file loaded when you open the map, which will slow down page load plus if you enable markers for couple thousand locations, your browser tab will crash for obvious reasons. If you check any monster in monster db, you can see their locations there, but just the area names and the number of position they can spawn at. I don't really see any reason to show these monsters on the map. Although as I've told some time ago, certain monsters that either have MIs (not all of them, but maybe some) and those that related to quests, will be added to the map eventually.
Old 08-30-2018, 10:45 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Ah, you meant all enemies. That's not gonna happen, as I've stated earlier, because:

This can happen because most of them can be spawned pretty randomly via proxies and they can have literally hundreds of spawn points. If I add all of them, this will mean several mb data file loaded when you open the map, which will slow down page load plus if you enable markers for couple thousand locations, your browser tab will crash for obvious reasons. If you check any monster in monster db, you can see their locations there, but just the area names and the number of position they can spawn at. I don't really see any reason to show these monsters on the map. Although as I've told some time ago, certain monsters that either have MIs (not all of them, but maybe some) and those that related to quests, will be added to the map eventually.
Ahh, okay. Yeah, I didn't realize the scope of it all, but that makes sense. Either way, thanks for the reply. It really is a solid program. Mad helpful. Keep up the great work.
Old 09-22-2018, 09:52 PM
Praetorian

Small update:
  • All translations were updated.
  • Added Chinese translation. Similarly to Japanese, prerendered texts on "Area names" layer are the same in both Chinese translations (with and without english nouns, I believe).
Old 09-23-2018, 12:47 AM
Advocate

Thank you Mr. D

Chinese community is so thrilled!
Old 09-23-2018, 12:52 AM
Advocate

Quote:
Small update:
  • All translations were updated.
  • Added Chinese translation. Similarly to Japanese, prerendered texts on "Area names" layer are the same in both Chinese translations (with and without english nouns, I believe).
Also, I wonder have you considered to pack all four sites- database, monster, simulation, and world map into one offline executable package?