Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Classes, Skills and Builds

Old 04-26-2017, 07:45 PM
Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfluff View Post
But pics with gear are in grim tool. I thought the guide will be too cluttered with so many pics added to the existing ones. I'd need to add 3 more, one for each version
Grimtools sometimes is a bit inaccurate. If you dont want to overload guide with pics you may add just a links.
Old 04-27-2017, 02:41 AM
Counsel

wow another success ranged. nice build again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfluff View Post

Grimtools:
http://www.grimtools.com/calc/M2gWzg2y
You spend 23/12 in fire strike in the grimtool. you can remove 1 point and spend somewhere else.

I noticed it when I was adjusting your build a bit.
1. New Aether AAR Devastation Sorceress
2. Darkblaze Pyromancer Gunslinger
3. TSS Druid
"I'm not green MIs lover and I know how hard to get a specific one. So I'll avoiding post a build with exact greens"

Last edited by InkOsk132; 04-27-2017 at 03:18 AM.
Old 04-27-2017, 05:10 AM
Counsel

Coolio build. Few questions,

- Why Elemental Rings? The proc certainly looks cool, but the cold is worthless to you so you're mainly getting OA (which Judicator Signets would give more of) and flat Fire damage. Which raises my next question,

- Are you going for weapon damage as your main source of damage for the build, or procs? You do things like emphasize flat Fire damage with your choice of rings and medal, then turn around and use Wyrmbone Gauntlets instead of something that boosts your horrendous attack speed, and no Dread Skulls? I can certainly get behind the idea that all the procs look really cool, but if you want to focus on procs wouldn't it be better to focus less on sources of flat damage and more on damage boosts?

- 7.5k HP, 1900 DA, Mirror on 30 second CD, no Maivens, and 0 defensive devotions? I get that you're relying on ADCtH but you don't even have the great attack speed to make the most of that source of healing. I'm sure it helps that all the procs deal weapon damage, so in mobs you'd do OK, but even for a glass-cannon build isn't that really pushing it against bosses? I'm honestly shocked you can have the sustain that you did against Fabius, but I got the impression that a few crits here and there would spell disaster for you.
Old 04-27-2017, 05:37 AM
Lord Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryzel View Post

- Why Elemental Rings? The proc certainly looks cool, but the cold is worthless to you so you're mainly getting OA (which Judicator Signets would give more of) and flat Fire damage. Which raises my next question,

- Are you going for weapon damage as your main source of damage for the build, or procs? You do things like emphasize flat Fire damage with your choice of rings and medal, then turn around and use Wyrmbone Gauntlets instead of something that boosts your horrendous attack speed, and no Dread Skulls? I can certainly get behind the idea that all the procs look really cool, but if you want to focus on procs wouldn't it be better to focus less on sources of flat damage and more on damage boosts?

- 7.5k HP, 1900 DA, Mirror on 30 second CD, no Maivens, and 0 defensive devotions? I get that you're relying on ADCtH but you don't even have the great attack speed to make the most of that source of healing. I'm sure it helps that all the procs deal weapon damage, so in mobs you'd do OK, but even for a glass-cannon build isn't that really pushing it against bosses? I'm honestly shocked you can have the sustain that you did against Fabius, but I got the impression that a few crits here and there would spell disaster for you.
How is the cold damage useless with spirit he has over 800% to cold damage. The proc from the set is easily worth using both rings even if he isn't getting full benefit from cold damage.
Old 04-27-2017, 05:51 AM
Counsel

2H has a lot of attack speed penalty.

As long as I test in old patch(where it describe atk speed as very slow, slow, average). Getting +10% atk speed when equip dagger, sword, pistol, 2H make the different result of the increment(%newAS - %oldAS).

So I guess getting dmg amplify may better than small atk speed.
1. New Aether AAR Devastation Sorceress
2. Darkblaze Pyromancer Gunslinger
3. TSS Druid
"I'm not green MIs lover and I know how hard to get a specific one. So I'll avoiding post a build with exact greens"
Old 04-27-2017, 06:14 AM
Praetorian

Quote:

The cold is not totally worthless there is ~730% cold dmg and also debuffed by elemental storm. The fire part really adds up with all your other procs and the flat fire damage added to your Fire Strike is nothing to ignore. Without them kill speed would drop and you'd feel it both in AoE and single target. But feel free to use other rings as in doing so it will be much easier to cap resists. I preferred to kill before being killed

You will NOT benefit greatly from attack speed with this build. I use Justicar gloves vs fabius btw if you read. Beyond 150% you will hardly feel the increase. My rifle build started long ago and it was very different, i even reached 200% attack speed and it was not cutting it. Don't look at ulzuin flame spreader as a normal rifle. It is a means to activate all your procs. This is "mid range" build. Functions like Callidor tempest builds quite a lot, but kills faster. Same for worldeater. You can use Essence of Beronath just fine. But the power of the ability comes from 50% conversion to fire. Considering all of this an extra 10% crit damage goes way above 2x dread skulls which would amount to a mere 7% attack speed and no benefits to all your procs and activated abilities. You can try and notice the difference in kill speed difference

If you watched the video you can see it does fine against the hardest bosses if played right. I made the videos to prove it. If that is not convincing then, that is why I also included a defensive setup. As for the ranged part you really don't need 12 skill Mirror in Vanilla. Fights don't last that long Feel free to take points from overload and pump Mirror. If I were to play crucible that is what i'd do 12 pt mirror using defensive setup and Star Pact instead of Reckless power.

Read the blue wall of text

Edit: @InkOsk132: I just noticed. It's because i saved the grimtool by simply swapping from World eater to Flame spreader that has +3 FS

Last edited by Superfluff; 04-27-2017 at 06:25 AM.
Old 04-27-2017, 07:07 AM
Herald

Red text from JoV, blue text from Fluff
What sheet DPS do you have??

Quote:
This game is full of surprises, some other glass cannon builds can die fast in same conditions, but this one rapes everything he sees)
Old 04-27-2017, 08:03 AM
Supporter

just a headsup - grimtools for the defensive setup seems to be missing.
Old 04-27-2017, 08:07 AM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psykrom View Post
just a headsup - grimtools for the defensive setup seems to be missing.
Indeed. Thank you I will fix it
Old 04-27-2017, 08:16 AM
Supporter

Great build!

i tried making commando ulzin set + worldeater but i still find it weak and too slow to clear stuff ...
although i used different ring set up (open hand of mercy and closed fist of vengeance) but i took a lot of time to kill MQ.
i should try the elemental balance rings ^^.

Tags
sorcerer