Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Classes, Skills and Builds

Old 01-19-2017, 04:19 PM
Herald

hehe, seems, guys, you didn`t see killing Avatar by pure Demolitionist )
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rO62dqyrN-o
Old 01-19-2017, 04:22 PM
LoveD2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfbistimg View Post
how does getting to level 2 in crucible grant you 10 devotion points?
Sorry, didn't mean that. I read a guide that said all new toons should start by getting 10 devo points by:

1. Get to level 2.
2. Go to crucible and do the first 10 waves.
3. Choose to collect reward (treasure + 3 tokens - whatever they're called).
4. Cash in the tokens with the devo npc guy for 1 devo point.
5. Repeat 5 times.

If you want 5 more, the cost of each devo point goes up to 5 tokens, so you need to run a few more waves for these. Cash in each tme you have >= 5 tokens.

After 10 points it gets expensive, not really worth it (8 tokens for 11-15 iirc)?

If you already have devo points then it will start out expensive, so only really viable for a new toon. Hope that helps.

EDIT: Note that you also get exp and items. You can come out at level 18 and 10 devo points and some early blues after 1.5 to 2 hours.
I did it on a toon I'd levelled to 10 but he hadn't done any shrines (I forgot I was supposed to go in at level 2). He ended up level 19, with 10 devo points and decent gear. Problem is that you get no exp until you get near to Burrwich, you just have to run around doing quests for a small exp gain but enjoy smashing stuff for a while

Last edited by LoveD2; 01-19-2017 at 04:26 PM.
Old 01-19-2017, 04:26 PM
Counsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveD2 View Post
Sorry, didn't mean that. I read a guide that said all new toons should start by getting 10 dev pts by:

1. Get to level 2.
2. Go to crucible and do the first 10 waves.
3. Choose to collect reward (treasure + 3 tokens - whatever they're called).
4. Cash in the tokens with the devo npc guy for 1 devo point.
5. Repeat 5 times.

If you want 5 more, the cost of each devo point goes up to 5 tokens, so you need to run a few more waves for these. Cash in each tme you have >= 5 tokens.

After 10 points it gets expensive, not really worth it (8 tokens for 11-15 iirc)?

If you already have devo points then it will start out expensive, so only really viable for a new toon. Hope that helps.
so you basically start normal grim dawn campaign with 10 devotion points ? i am asking because i am perfectly crucible noob
Old 01-19-2017, 04:28 PM
LoveD2

Quote:
Originally Posted by feelgodstoya View Post
so you basically start normal grim dawn campaign with 10 devotion points ? i am asking because i am perfectly crucible noob
Yes - and I added an EDIT to the post to clarify that you get exp too.

Are you the same Stoya as played D2 Median XL and posted many excellent guides?

EDIT P.S. 10 points is enough to mean that you can have full 50 devo by the end of Elite, so no great incentive to do more with the increasing token cost as well.
P.P.S. I have no idea why the guy said you should start at level 2. I did it from ton level 10 and it was ok, I had a few skills at my disposal by then - but I guess crucible tailors difficulty to your level/gear etc.? Key thing is: Just be sure to have zero devotions before you start crucible.
JoV, sorry to hijack your thread man. Looking forward to the guide.

Last edited by LoveD2; 01-19-2017 at 05:07 PM.
Old 01-19-2017, 04:47 PM
Herald

thank you for the build ! i wondered if you considered Pyro and how you would see the pros/cons.

i'm actually running a BWC Pyro nearing the end of Ultimate and as i began to have a few BiS it's becoming really impressing(got 2 pieces of IK's set, deviltongue and the two Wyrmthings legs, but still the lvl 35 relic for example).

as far as i can see it should be very close (you loose OA from Inner Focus, but gain Blood of Dreeg, Dmg absorb from the Sphere but get Possession...). it's two ways to support a mostly Demo build anyway^^
Fiddler - Explosive Marksman Commando 24 Kalam - Swift Blades Nightblade 22 Onos Toolan - Death Incarnate Shaman 15
Old 01-19-2017, 04:56 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfbistimg View Post
if He was using Infernal Knights Jacket and a shield with spammable BWC he'd Probably need 3 Ectoplasmas (however you spell it)
Plus some regen on Devotion tree. And it might be doable but definitely chugging potions.

Still pisses me off that they didn't put atleast 2 mana regen on the Infernal Knights Jacket like they did Light Defender's
I tried with commando and 3 ectoplasm + ToL healing rain and still had huge energy issues when facing harder targets. Biggest reason I picked arcanist as second for this is that neat -% skill energy consumption, high spirit and high +% to energy regen.

Quote:

EDIT P.S. 10 points is enough to mean that you can have full 50 devo by the end of Elite, so no great incentive to do more with the increasing token cost as well.
P.P.S. I have no idea why the guy said you should start at level 2. I did it from ton level 10 and it was ok, I had a few skills - I guess crucible tailors difficulty to your level/gear etc.? Key thing is: Just be sure to have zero devotions before you start crucible.
Never mind, feel free to post w/e
Old 01-19-2017, 05:00 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatMB View Post
thank you for the build ! i wondered if you considered Pyro and how you would see the pros/cons.

i'm actually running a BWC Pyro nearing the end of Ultimate and as i began to have a few BiS it's becoming really impressing(got 2 pieces of IK's set, deviltongue and the two Wyrmthings legs, but still the lvl 35 relic for example).

as far as i can see it should be very close (you loose OA from Inner Focus, but gain Blood of Dreeg, Dmg absorb from the Sphere but get Possession...). it's two ways to support a mostly Demo build anyway^^
Only actual difference imho is energy managment that favors arcanist.
You have better rr as pyro but you have higher crit and c speed as arcanist,...

Edit: tho you dont have mirror as pyro and that comes more than handy with high CDR. Its on 14.6 sec CD for this build and there is AV procs also to further reduce CD.

Last edited by JoV; 01-19-2017 at 05:05 PM.
Old 01-19-2017, 05:02 PM
Counsel

Quote:

P.P.S. I have no idea why the guy said you should start at level 2. I did it from ton level 10 and it was ok, I had a few skills - I guess crucible tailors difficulty to your level/gear etc.? Key thing is: Just be sure to have zero devotions before you start crucible.

ya i am stoya from median, do we know each other ? i hope we do anyway

lol thats super abusable thing, starting main campaign with 10 devotions can net you max devotion points around mid elites ok another reason for me not to touch crucible lol

@jov and others offtopic question

any1 has experienced shadow strike bug or something? my SS is on my 'q' button and when i spam SS sometimes it never performs animation

2- also i experienced olerons blood skill olerons might, locks all my cooldowns sometimes that i cant even spam my phantasmal blades or use any items before cooldown of olerons might ends..

3- its me or crucible mobs comes with less defensive stats and die quicker than main campaign forms..

sorry for offtopic jov
Old 01-19-2017, 05:03 PM
Counsel

JoV - I'm looking to get this build rolling as I take a break from farming on my main. Do you have any tips/suggestions for getting the build rolling in Act 1-2? Is it Veteran capable from the start?

Thanks!
Old 01-19-2017, 05:07 PM
Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoV View Post
Only actual difference imho is energy managment that favors arcanist.
You have better rr as pyro but you have higher crit and c speed as arcanist,...

Edit: tho you dont have mirror as pyro and that comes more than handy with high CDR. Its on 14.6 sec CD for this build and there is AV procs also to further reduce CD.
ok ty for answer i do have noticed that my char was more addict to green potions now that i spam more skills at ultimate ranks (and maybe gear skills as well). and mirror should have saved me a few deaths too
Fiddler - Explosive Marksman Commando 24 Kalam - Swift Blades Nightblade 22 Onos Toolan - Death Incarnate Shaman 15

Tags
sorcerer