Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Classes, Skills and Builds

Old 12-10-2016, 06:32 PM
Supporter

I've had three Vortex of Souls drop, so I guess the game is telling me I should try this build! I've certainly leveled enough Sorcerers at this point.
Old 12-10-2016, 08:00 PM
Campaigner

Thinking about doing something like this but with my Druid and the Ultos set (since I have all 5 pieces), any thoughts on how I might accomplish that? As a rough first draft, I'm thinking this: http://grimcalc.com/build/1006-A7J6nx More lightning damage than aether, but it has some extra bleed damage and a ton of +crit. Plus as I understand it, Vortex still has the 100% pierce chance so that with PS seems pretty amazing for clearing.
Old 12-10-2016, 08:18 PM
Herald

Totally like it. One of the few Sorcerer don`t use Warpfire and Aldanar's vanity.
Old 12-10-2016, 10:52 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by edisonian View Post
I've had three Vortex of Souls drop, so I guess the game is telling me I should try this build! I've certainly leveled enough Sorcerers at this point.
Haha, I feel you, notice the name of this char, its 3rd sorcerer in line, first was Jov, than JovI and than this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yawgmoth View Post
Thinking about doing something like this but with my Druid and the Ultos set (since I have all 5 pieces), any thoughts on how I might accomplish that? As a rough first draft, I'm thinking this: http://grimcalc.com/build/1006-A7J6nx More lightning damage than aether, but it has some extra bleed damage and a ton of +crit. Plus as I understand it, Vortex still has the 100% pierce chance so that with PS seems pretty amazing for clearing.
Yes it does and yes it is

In short about your proposed build: drop grasping vines, drop raging tempest, and invest those points elsewhere, ie IEE line, Storm totem, MP line. Take elemental storm or manticore from devotion to compensate, or equip black star. You dont need Huntress, also you are relying on ADCTH from wendigo and sacrificing 6 devo points to get it, its not worth it on range build imo. Also you will probably have low OA so that huge crit multi will not worth much if you dont have high OA to support it. Think about taking first nodes from dying god and take hawk.
Also check this build jajaja made long ago, its not druid but it uses primal strike+Vortex of souls.
http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36295

Just my 2 cents, hope you dont mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by korsar View Post
Totally like it. One of the few Sorcerer don`t use Warpfire and Aldanar's vanity.
Thx

P.S.Most 2H ranged sorcerers are using helbourne+ulzuin, tho lately Im seeing only casters and its shame cuz there is so many ways to build up sorcerer without using CT or PRM and devastation as a must

Last edited by JoV; 12-10-2016 at 10:58 PM.
Old 12-10-2016, 11:28 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekweb2era View Post
Read my PM please. I'll delete this post once you reply. Thanks!
Did and replayed
Old 12-11-2016, 02:47 AM
Herald

It used to be the case that multiple hits from a single shot only triggered multiple Explosive Strikes, not multiple Brimstones. When did that change?

In any case I think we have a new winner for best application of 100% pass-thru.
Old 12-11-2016, 06:03 AM
Ascendant

Could you tell me your modifier and flat for aether damage? Besides that you and i have different setups. But i suppose it's because i tend to underestimate physical resistance.

Also, what's the highest conversion a single Duality ring can achieve?

--------
Useful mods-
Spoiler!

Last edited by Chthon; 12-11-2016 at 07:37 AM.
Old 12-11-2016, 06:23 AM
Counsel

Good build, fun to play and very efficient !

just a question though, at which skills are acid spray and arcane bomb attached ?

I bound acid spray to fire strike and arcane bomb to flashbang so far, seems fine so far
Old 12-11-2016, 10:35 AM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dioarchet View Post
It used to be the case that multiple hits from a single shot only triggered multiple Explosive Strikes, not multiple Brimstones. When did that change?

In any case I think we have a new winner for best application of 100% pass-thru.
Idk, cuz I never tried it earlier.
here is how it works now (I needed few attempts to capture all the procs in same time )
Old 12-11-2016, 10:44 AM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chthon View Post
Could you tell me your modifier and flat for aether damage? Besides that you and i have different setups. But i suppose it's because i tend to underestimate physical resistance.

Also, what's the highest conversion a single Duality ring can achieve?
When all other resistances caped, phy dmg is only thing that can kill you, so high armor or nice phys resistance is more than useful.

Can I post pic instead

Not sure about rings, its 50 something, best I have is 52%.

Tags
sorcerer