Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Gameplay Discussion

Old 03-17-2018, 07:38 AM
Champion

Default Can PRM 'shotgun' a single target the way brimstone can?

If so, is an elemental-based PRM revolving around the Invoker set gladiator worthy?
Old 03-17-2018, 07:48 AM
Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir spanksalot View Post
If so, is an elemental-based PRM revolving around the Invoker set gladiator worthy?
1st question, maybe. That's why we get the AKDONG 15s MQ kill despite PRM not having that much sheet dps. 2nd question, it's gonna be hard making PRM glad worthy, especially since if you use Invoker, you won't have the luxury of having 2x stalwart rings, which is big for spamcasters. You can have double mirror, though that could be a big hit for dps.
Old 03-17-2018, 07:53 AM
Champion

Brimstone doesn't really shotgun a single target unless he has adds near him. I guess you do get the shards that hit, but it's pretty light damage. It doesn't really add up unless you lob them into pack, especially with something that penetrates through enemy. Dagallon's are great for that.

But PRM is going to be even more reliant on enemy near by. It spreads out after hitting targets, and at that point, it can be a lot more effective. PRM isn't great against a singlet target.
Old 03-17-2018, 09:14 AM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by bystander View Post
PRM isn't great against a singlet target.
so around 10-seconds madqueen is not great for a single target?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w83180ftcFw
Old 03-17-2018, 09:33 AM
Champion

Could you PM me your build please?

EDIT: Silly me, just saw the grimtools link. :P

P.S. Thanks for the replies guys!

Last edited by sir spanksalot; 03-17-2018 at 09:35 AM.
Old 03-17-2018, 02:10 PM
Campaigner

Elemental PRM? Probably not. Aether-based PRM with slathsarr's crest is pretty amazing though. I've been using it for a while and the only thing that gives me even a hint of trouble is gargabol.
Old 03-17-2018, 02:43 PM
Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yawgmoth View Post
Elemental PRM? Probably not. Aether-based PRM with slathsarr's crest is pretty amazing though. I've been using it for a while and the only thing that gives me even a hint of trouble is gargabol.
Doesn't Elemental have more support? I think Invoker has more DPS atm. AFAIK, Slathsarr and Arcanum Sigillis are the only Aether PRM gears right now, and Sigillis also supports Elemental well.

@OP I tried to put up invoker PRM Mage Hunter with GDStash on cruci. Found quite some space for Stalwarts to get 3.8k DA. Died at 160 but it was my fault for being confident on facetanking Reaper, but the damage is certainly there (4buffs + vanguard banner) so I say it has potential if you play well.

Grimtools: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/bVA8Ww62
Old 03-17-2018, 02:53 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by x1x1x1x2 View Post
Doesn't Elemental have more support? I think Invoker has more DPS atm. AFAIK, Slathsarr and Arcanum Sigillis are the only Aether PRM gears right now, and Sigillis also supports Elemental well.
Yes, I do agree. In fact I have both aether and elem prm and elemental version has 20k plus dps more which is quite high by prm standards not to mention better devotion available.

Congrats for making it to gladiator 160 sadly not a fan of crucible so I won't be tuning build for it!
Old 03-17-2018, 03:10 PM
Praetorian

No. Afaik it's like brimstone vs one target. A single fragment will connect
Old 03-17-2018, 03:17 PM
Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceXavieR View Post
Yes, I do agree. In fact I have both aether and elem prm and elemental version has 20k plus dps more which is quite high by prm standards not to mention better devotion available.

Congrats for making it to gladiator 160 sadly not a fan of crucible so I won't be tuning build for it!
True. Elemental is also way tankier now with Censure. Aether needs at least a dedicated weapon to compete with Elemental.

Also thanks for the compliment, though 160 is easy to reach even by many nonviable builds. It's where the real test starts.