Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Gameplay Discussion

Old 02-22-2018, 01:52 AM
Supporter

Default What do you guys think about the new gargabol heart of the wild boss?

I like this boss and think he’s a challenge for most people but I still believe he needs a health buff though. What do you guys think of him?
Old 02-22-2018, 02:28 AM
Herald

He is a total pushover durig his stage 1. During his stage 2 he managed to kill my Druid when I facetanked him thru half of his hp. It might have something to do with how high I am, but that tree sure can punch (pun intended).

My Defiler could almost facetank him with a Haunted Steel Setup, but I decided to run aroun few times during Mark of Torment and Blast Shield downtime. And I also wasn't that high when I faced him with my Defiler.

Overall a pretty cool boss, can be a challenge to a lot of melee builds, even polished once (soldier based shield characters with optimal gear won't have a problem tho). Not sure if he is a walkover for Ranged or casters, he does not seem to move around fast.
Old 02-22-2018, 02:31 AM
Praetorian

Ranged and Dot casters shit on his life. He only gets somewhat fast when he's near death.

It seems to be like Shar'Zul, where melee builds that don't have the best defense will have the most trouble (still doesn't mean a lot of them can't kill him easily).
Old 02-22-2018, 02:51 AM
Supporter

In my experience, he is harder than a majority of nemesis’s. He is the only boss that I have had to use pot buffs on so far while face tanking excluding mogdrogen, lokarr and ravager. I never had to use pot buffs on nemesis’s. He is definitely along the lines of lokarr and mogdrogen in my opinion. I cannot say ravager as I haven’t gone against him in a very long time.
Old 02-22-2018, 03:26 AM
Speaker

I think he looks pretty cool. Maybe make him move faster.

Not very challenging though. Maybe need to try with characters that cannot clear 150 or 170 gladiator though.
Old 02-22-2018, 03:28 AM
Herald

Oh well, I know why I died with Druid, because I didn't have proper fire overcap. Need about 30 against him. Having Judicator's and Badge of Master versus single target didn't help either.

So to any melee builds out there, you have to have 30+ elemental overcap, at least 20% physical resist and at least ~2900 unbuffed DA (he debuffs it by 240) and you should be fine.

Or just play aether based sorc or spellbinder and destroy that old useless wood while sipping cofee behind mirrors/mark of torments/blast shields.
Old 02-22-2018, 03:31 AM
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmak414 View Post
I think he looks pretty cool. Maybe make him move faster.

Not very challenging though. Maybe need to try with characters that cannot clear 150 or 170 gladiator though.
Oh yeah spell casters will have a fun time farming this boss for sure lol
Old 02-22-2018, 03:33 AM
Campaigner

Got ganked the first time I finally got to him (took 4 keys, ouch)...

Should have stayed with my usual hit and run tactic since my acid/poison witch hunter, even with blood thirster and the relic I'm using debuffs to enemy chance to hit I can't face tank him in the 2nd stage. The environmental fire damage is a big problem though, since it does a decent burn DoT on you.

Oh well, next run I'll have my revenge, since I've mostly tuned the witch hunter to be able to deal with most of the Ancient Grove okay (chain petrify can die in a fire though). But unlike the other rouge-likes I wont be farming it with my WH since it's too reliant on pots. Also the aether basilisk boss in there is hugely acid/poison resistant, which is a major pain in the rear since I can't get Shadow Strike DoT ticks up to it's boss killing 100K, merely a sad 20k.
Old 02-22-2018, 03:33 AM
Speaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad_lee View Post
Oh well, I know why I died with Druid, because I didn't have proper fire overcap. Need about 30 against him. Having Judicator's and Badge of Master versus single target didn't help either.

So to any melee builds out there, you have to have 30+ elemental overcap, at least 20% physical resist and at least ~2900 unbuffed DA (he debuffs it by 240) and you should be fine.

Or just play aether based sorc or spellbinder and destroy that old useless wood while sipping cofee behind mirrors/mark of torments/blast shields.
oh you forgot, being not high can help
Old 02-22-2018, 04:36 AM
Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmak414 View Post
oh you forgot, being not high can help
But did you see that storm of colour that is new rogue dungeon? Crate must've been high when they've been creating it, a lot of pink/salad green/shiny mushrom like vibe. And it seems to be always twilight when you play this roguelike. It's freaking beautiful, that's what I am saying