Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Gameplay Discussion

Old 01-23-2018, 01:14 AM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by unlike'em View Post
IT DROPPED!!! On the 313th try. So don't lose hope, KeyserSoze737. OMG I'm so happy.
I'm glad brotha! while it still eludes me I'm very happy you were able to get it. Gives me hope! Thanks for sharing!
Old 01-23-2018, 04:16 AM
Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dammitt View Post
I believe this was fixed in 1.0.3.0, there was no table for lvl 92+ earlier.

I've double checked the data and the probabilities are correct, well at least it looks like it. She has 15% chance to equip head item, then in the table for lvl 92+ there are only 2 items: epic (weight 650) and legendary (weight 350). There aren't any other variables that can change weight, except for bellSlope which I don't account for at all (that's a bug in general), but in this case it alters weights equally, multiplicating them by 100 if I understand the logic correctly, so the relative % chance is still the same.

Idk, maybe it's just bad luck or small sample size, but I don't think the probability is incorrect unless there's a global issue with seed generation in the game.

I mean, what if I tell you that I've got Covenant of the Three BP from Sentinel on my second encounter with him? And according to db the drop chance is 1.19% (I believe it might be a tad lower if I account for bellSlope). Does this mean that probability is wrong or I was extremely lucky? I'd say it's the second.
I got covenant of the 3 bp very quickly, too. Now, when I farm frozen hearts or kilrian's shattered soul in ultimate...
Old 03-18-2018, 09:41 PM
Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evok View Post
If it took him 313 tries to get an item they need to waste some time on it. That is just plain sadisitic....
I had been getting killed with no important blueprints for almost 2 weeks, I took matters into my own hands and installed/played POE. Last night went back at it, got Ulzuin helm on first run! Leverage, I tell ya!