Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Gameplay Discussion

Old 03-17-2018, 04:24 PM
Campaigner

Quote:
Originally Posted by x1x1x1x2 View Post
Doesn't Elemental have more support? I think Invoker has more DPS atm. AFAIK, Slathsarr and Arcanum Sigillis are the only Aether PRM gears right now, and Sigillis also supports Elemental well.

Grimtools: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/bVA8Ww62
Honestly I don't know for certain, but in general my experience with elemental builds has kind of lacking just from having your damage spread out between three types. This is what I've been using and it has cleared everything I've tried so far. Haven't attempted to finish out gladiator since I don't generally find waves 151+ enjoyable, but everything else falls apart in a handful of seconds. I didn't even realize I killed Kupa on my way to the ancient grove until the "kill 10 nemeses" achievement popped up.
Old 03-17-2018, 04:30 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceXavieR View Post
so around 10-seconds madqueen is not great for a single target?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w83180ftcFw
Does that actually work against normal sized mobs? I have never noticed the shards to hit the primary target, but then again, the MQ is huge in size, and has a ton of adds too.
Old 03-17-2018, 04:33 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yawgmoth View Post
but in general my experience with elemental builds has kind of lacking just from having your damage spread out between three types.
that has been my experience too. never been really a fan of three damage types. and pre-AoM Panetti is quite lackluster. Until mythical invoker set came up that pretty much converts all prm damage to lightning with fire second damage as support, eliminating cold in the process. One can also take farath's cube if you prefer cold/lightning setup.

on the other hand, I really like conversion builds and hopefully we get more support for aether prm and allow us to ultimate rank skills or get close to it at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bystander View Post
Does that actually work against normal sized mobs? I have never noticed the other shards to hit the primary target, but then again, the MQ is huge in size, and has a ton of adds too.
I was only just saying as for now prm does decent single target damage but sadly the other projectiles/shards dont work on a single mob no matter the size.
Can you imagine if it does ?

Last edited by PrinceXavieR; 03-17-2018 at 04:36 PM.
Old 03-17-2018, 04:43 PM
Campaigner

^
If brimstone and panetti projectiles connect back to a single target imo it will be the one of the most op skill in game.