Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Developer Section > Developer Discussions

View Poll Results: Should Rare Crafting Materials be Allowed in the Transfer Stash?
Yes 149 93.71%
No / Don't Care 10 6.29%
Voters: 159. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old 08-16-2017, 04:31 PM
Acolyte

Yes, please allow to store rare crafting materials (Hearts, Brains, Bloods, Seals)in the shared stash. Scrap and Dynamite can stay in the Inventory of any Char.

You find enough Scrap, if you play the game and you can get Scrap by dismantling items.

Dynamite don´t need to be shared between Chars, because it can be crafted easily and the additional parts of Cairn (like East Marsh, rooms in the Flooded Passage or Hidden Path) shouldn´t be open for new created Chars.
Old 08-16-2017, 04:31 PM
Praetorian

I don't really mind, have been doing the way it is now over and over for years, but adding an easier way of getting crafting materials can't be that bad i guess
twitch.tv/dikkiedik92

My builds: https://goo.gl/TTGM9X
Old 08-16-2017, 04:42 PM
Champion

Currently i would say yes. Mainly because i can just join a mp game drop mats and reconnect with another character. The upside for me personally that it save me the trouble for grinding with a different character, simply due not having so much time.However if you and other people still don't want it to be able to be put in the transfer stash, than make them completely character bound.
Old 08-16-2017, 04:47 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zantai View Post
Rare Crafting Materials*

* For reference, we are referring to items such as: Scrapmetal, Dynamite, Tainted Brain, etc.
Assuming this does not include quest items, voted yes. This has always been something that I personally never cared about, but I was never convinced by the arguments against the idea and the requests for it's change have been numerous for as long as I can remember. I also don't think abuse of an offline game's systems should be a concern for how those systems are implemented for normal use.
Old 08-16-2017, 04:53 PM
Praetorian

Definitely, aether crystals/shards and Chthonic seals, as well.
Old 08-16-2017, 04:56 PM
Speaker

Voted no/dontcare personally since I'm fine with the current system and have adjusted to it through the years. No strong opinion either way and I'd be fine if this was implemented, however...as long as it doesn't include quest items as per Ceno's assumption.
Barnacle_Ed#1801 on Discord.

Current main: C R A B C O M M A N D O
Currently leveling: Storm Bolter. http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52296
Old 08-16-2017, 04:58 PM
Initiate

How about making them tradable after completing normal/veteran? Because after that point you know/are capable of crafting/doing anything related to rare mats/dynamite.

I can see that new characters shouldn't be able to use dynamite right from the start story wise (same goes for every other quest needing rare components or even shrines), but after beating the game once there shouldn't be a barrier between characters to be able to trade to each other in order to craft stuff like mythical relics.
Old 08-16-2017, 05:00 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavourius View Post
How about making them tradable after completing normal/veteran? Because after that point you know/are capable of crafting/doing anything related to rare mats/dynamite.
Yeah, the only real concern I can think of is a new player having dynamite earlier on than they should and stumbling into East Marsh for the first time around level 14 or something.
Old 08-16-2017, 05:00 PM
Praetorian

Voted yes, as sometimes i just get done with a character then delete it, and in some circumstances that feels like a waste of those items, especially sense i do not like to do a lot of farming, but still enjoy crafting when i can.

EDIT: +1 to Flavourius suggestion if at all possible
Quote:
Originally Posted by medierra View Post
please, excuse me... I need to go wipe away my tears with a handful of million dollar bills

Last edited by arnge; 08-16-2017 at 05:03 PM.
Old 08-16-2017, 05:05 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceno View Post
Yeah, the only real concern I can think of is a new player having dynamite earlier on than they should and stumbling into East Marsh for the first time around level 14 or something.
or sunken reliquary
twitch.tv/dikkiedik92

My builds: https://goo.gl/TTGM9X
Closed Thread