Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Developer Section > Developer Discussions

View Poll Results: Vote on stretch environment #1
Evil Forest 85 8.41%
Battleground 105 10.39%
Ch'thonic Void 359 35.51%
Sewers 20 1.98%
Catacombs 47 4.65%
Shipyard 156 15.43%
Railyard 239 23.64%
Voters: 1011. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old 03-20-2016, 10:17 AM
Counsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotland View Post
necro alert ! =P
Awww,.. you can't pin that on Bobby really. The thread had allready been re-animated when he commented.

On topic, I remember thinking this was a bad poll, back at the time it ran. "Shipyard" and "Trainyard" are split, but if you put them together, the vote count surpasses that for "Chtonic Void". Then there were many people that voted for e.g. "Battlegrounds" or "Catacombs", that would still have preferred any of the other options over "Chtonic Void". In fact, I still suspect "Chtonic Void" to actually have been the least popular options. It was however the option with the least similarities to other options, so it has an undivided electorate. What they should have done when starting with this many options, is create at least two or three voting rounds. Just another case of "politics, politics everywhere".

That said, personally I am quite happy with how everything turned out. I also remember linking "Catacombs" to "Wine/Liquor Cellars". If you scroll through the forum (not sure whether it was in this thread), you might find me suggesting something of the sort, allong with providing some photo's from wine caves, in particular some of former quarry converted to a wine cellar in the Loire valley in France. I think those have actually been used for some of GD's dungeons as well

Finally, someone from Crate said at the time that there was a good chance that "Shipyard"/"Railway" would be included in a future expansion, and with GD's current success, an expansion might not be all that unrealistic.
Old 03-20-2016, 11:31 AM
Praetorian

This poll is missing:

A vast desert setting, similar to TQ.

A volcano area that would lead the player to the bowels of an active volcano. The area would include some lava patched grounds that would damage you like the aether patched areas, plus toxic gazses that would come from walls or the ground at regular intervals.

A snowy field. Asterkarn Mountain is barely a snow themed area... I'm talking about exploring ice caves, abandoned forts... it would be like Skyrim, but with guns

-Lokkar, master of the Crucible

"Stand still so I can—Feel my wrath!"

-Warden Krieg
Old 03-21-2016, 03:39 AM
Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by eralduspr View Post
This poll is missing:

A vast desert setting, similar to TQ.

A volcano area that would lead the player to the bowels of an active volcano. The area would include some lava patched grounds that would damage you like the aether patched areas, plus toxic gazses that would come from walls or the ground at regular intervals.

A snowy field. Asterkarn Mountain is barely a snow themed area... I'm talking about exploring ice caves, abandoned forts... it would be like Skyrim, but with guns
Hell yeah !
Old 03-21-2016, 07:01 PM
Speaker

It be cool to see more dungeons with aethereal corruptions everywhere.. And not as dark too! Torches never hurts!
Closed Thread

Tags
lore, world