Old 10-26-2016, 05:52 PM
Counsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaboo View Post
I'd really prefer some ingame (SP) mechanisms for this, for example some merchant trading 3 items from a set for 1 random (but different) item from the same set, or trading 3 legendaries from one item category for 1 random legendary from the same category.
With an exchange rate like that people not using some kind of stash embiggerment would miss out on a huge advantage, so it would practically necessitate "infinite" stash space provided by GD. You can't really introduce a balance-altering feature without providing the technical means to make use of it.
But that would make make stash organization an integral part of the base game. I don't think GD wants that.

A considerably worse exchange rate would fail to serve its purpose.

Don't think it's gonna happen.
Old 10-27-2016, 12:53 AM
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jojask View Post
You can't really introduce a balance-altering feature without providing the technical means to make use of it.
... emphasizing even more that stash organization is nothing devs should delegate to modders, external tools or the inconvenient usage of mules.

Here's a short passage from the game's official Game Guide:

"... Loot in Grim Dawn is still precious and the best items rare but with drop rates tuned to still allow players to amass an impressive collection with time investments that are more reasonable for people without endless free time. ..."

How can you talk about amassing an impressive collection without providing the required stash space?
Old 10-27-2016, 12:55 AM
Emissary

Quote:
... emphasizing even more that stash organization is nothing devs should delegate to modders, external tools or the inconvenient usage of mules.

Here's a short passage from the game's official Game Guide:

"... Loot in Grim Dawn is still precious and the best items rare but with drop rates tuned to still allow players to amass an impressive collection with time investments that are more reasonable for people without endless free time. ..."

How can you talk about amassing an impressive collection without providing the required stash space?
Yeah I'm not sure of the absolute Stash space available, but with over 700 Epic/Legendary/MI items etc it's not a lot of stash space even if focused on one or two classes/damage types. Add in components and other high quality greens/yellows and the stash is reeeeeaaally easy to fill
Old 10-27-2016, 09:29 AM
Speaker

The way I see it, "trading" a number of legendaries to get a new one would actually do the opposite - reduce the requirement of stash space. As you would simply exchange the items not needed for your builds - instead of keeping them for the sake of it.

However all in all, the same stash-space topic comes back all the time.
I personally don't see any problems with using third party stash tools - currently using Items Assistant which does not have crafting/creating items or require switching stash files.

Eventhough I understand the point of people saying it should be included in the game and don't want to use third parties, the existence of modding tools and alternatives makes it a lower priority than new actual content imo.
Old 10-27-2016, 09:51 AM
Praetorian

Quote:
You could store loot on your character, like all the stuff related to this damage type could go on a level 1 character that will make use of it when/if needed.
Old 10-27-2016, 11:11 AM
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoalaeiO View Post
You could store loot on your character, like all the stuff related to this damage type could go on a level 1 character that will make use of it when/if needed.
Please read my posts. I'm aware of the existence of mules.

All I'm saying is this game would benefit from an ingame solution for inventory management and from a reasonable trade/exchange mechanism for unneeded epics and legendaries (and even components), other than tedious dismantling using dynamite.

Should be obvious that this would make farming less tedious and more fun.
Old 10-27-2016, 12:18 PM
Counsel

Need a Plugy type storage in game. Endless storage. Also the Vault in Titan Quest
Eastern Sun mod for D2 LOD has such a system, as did other mods in LOD
I always enjoyed the trade/exchange systems in games.
Even now I'm playing a LOD mod thats in beta. For relaxation.
Old 11-11-2016, 05:38 PM
Speaker

Farming is almost required by the fact that storage space is so incredibly limited. We can't keep all the minor blues that would be perfect for a new character coming up in the world, so when we make that character, we have to farm the SAME DAMN BOSSES that we farmed for the previous character to get the SAME DAMN GEAR that dropped then because we couldn't use it then.

EDIT - Another thing that makes farming feel so necessary is that you can get a crappy roll for stats on a unique item. Why can't we just have standard, static stats on everything? I hate getting a purple and realizing it has 1/2 of (important stat) on it that you were hoping for, and is therefore not much use to you. Honestly, random stats and modifiers on gear are just an obnoxious design decision.

Last edited by gruevy; 11-11-2016 at 05:52 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
boss runs, crafting, difficulty, drop rate, equipment, farming, game design, loot, loot runs, spawning